post Sep 7 09, 12:29
Post #2

Creative Chieftain

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 446
Writer of: Poetry & Prose
Referred By:Just wondered in.

Hi Alice,

Welcome to MM and the wonderful interaction of different minds swimming in the same small pool. Like Steve, I prefer the 5-7-5 structure but that is my problem. The content and not the structure is one of the reasons I wanted to post my thoughts on your Haiku thread; ( it is more likely a Senyru as Lori stated). I would question why you "tell" the reader what you want them to see instead of utilizing "objective correlation" and let the reader view the external facts you present and have an epiphany when realizing that your stated facts hold true for a lot of people. By being too subjective, you take away that chance. Perhaps something like:

Harbour waters
My face reflected
two times

Just a take or toss suggestion but I'll leave you with a paraphrased thought: What we imagine, think or feel on an emotional basis will interrupt and become inappropriate; we want to produce a thought with the reader, not start with one.

I do love the imagery but wish you had let me figure out what you wanted me to see.

Larry

·······IPB·······

When power leads man toward arrogance, poetry reminds him of his limitations. When power narrows the areas of man's concern, poetry reminds him of the richness and diversity of his existence. When power corrupts, poetry cleanses.
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

Kindness is a seed sown by the gentlest hand, growing care's flowers.
Larry D. Jennings

MM Award Winner

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 08:32

Read our FLYERS - click below

Reference links provided to aid in fine-tuning your writings. ENJOY!

more Quotes
more Art Quotes
Dictionary.com ~ Thesaurus.com

Search:
for
Type in a word below to find its rhymes, synonyms, and more:

Word: