Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

IPB
> greetings, saying hello
Guest_dflore_*
post Jan 26 10, 18:33
Post #1

As an infant, Native American Indians babysat me. I like to believe their kindness and maybe a song they sang to me still washes calm in my subconscious. When I think of my early childhood I hear the delicate notes of a music box and see my hair, bleach blonde, slowly turning brown in time to the end of my innocence. I remember singing myself to sleep while my parents were on the verge of divorce. I always see myself from above when I think of that time. Perhaps that’s because I like to think that’s the point of view God watched me from. When I look back at my life, often seemingly happy times occasionally appear to be shrouded in night like a lone dying street lamp. However, I am grateful for the times I’ve had that were intensely illuminated.
I have written off and on my entire life. I am always searching for the non-judgemental joy of creation I had as a child, although judgement does have its merits when it comes to improvement. Criticism certainly has helped me since the time I wrote really bad poems about girls during geometry class in high school. Poetry has been a warm spot in the cold water of serious mental illness that I have battled since my early 20’s. I've been doing well leading poetry classes for others with brain disorders for years.

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 00:39

Read our FLYERS - click below

Reference links provided to aid in fine-tuning your writings. ENJOY!

more Quotes
more Art Quotes
Dictionary.com ~ Thesaurus.com

Search:
for
Type in a word below to find its rhymes, synonyms, and more:

Word: