IPB
9 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> MM UK PUB MEETING, MARCH 22, 2005 - PICS on page 6
Guest_Jox_*
post Jan 29 05, 13:50
Post #1

Hi All

MM UK Pub Meeting Pencilled in for Feb / March 2005 - Interested?

Open to all MM members from everywhere - but you'll have to be in Midlands / Southern Britain for the meeting.

(You don't have to live here - just jump on a jet and pop over - but be careful, they can be hot).

Grace, Alan and I met just before Crimble for a pub lunch. Alan was saying t'other day that we'd said we ought to re-meet in the New Year. However, there are now new members on MM who might be able to make it (it's open to all MM members - so, Perry if you want to book that flight from Down Under...).

No venue is set - some country pub probably but whereabouts depends on people's ability to travel. No date is set - maybe Feb? No day is set - we met on a weekday but I expect we're flexible (I don't know that - just musing - I am). If you wish to bring a friend / partner I'm sure that would be fine too (as long as we didn't bore them to death). So if anyone is interested - and YOU should be... please pop your name either below this or in a PM to me.

Let's set a deadline for responses of 7th Feb. No booking required but if you don't let me know before then I won't be able to include your preferences of rough location and date in the calculation. You can still turn up of course.

So - Best dates available - AND Dates unavailable (I'll assume other dates aren't brill but you can make it).

Locations - Any to avoid? Within 100 miles of... etc etc.

If you are afraid of pubs please let me know, too.

I won't pay up front and won't book a restaurant table - all too much fuss. We can just turn up and order (though I might reserve a pub table).

So will it be Grace, Alan and I again (which was great) or will you be joining us? - which ought to be grater.

All the best, James.

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page
Guest_Toumai_*
post Jan 29 05, 14:27
Post #2

Hi James,

I'd love to come, if I can escape the afternoon school run for the day. I enjoyed Alan's poem about the last meeting between the three of you, and want to meet the reality. elf.gif

Do we get to meet your beautiful dogs, too?

Fran

Guest_Jox_*
post Jan 29 05, 14:49
Post #3

That's brill, Fran.

You may have trouble telling me apart from the dogs... oh no, they're prettier!

Guest_Nina_*
post Jan 29 05, 16:18
Post #4

Hi James

It sounds like a lovely idea, so long as you make it reasonably near to a railway station.  I will be good to put faces to names and meet you all.

The dogs look very cosy in their car!

Nina

Guest_Jox_*
post Jan 29 05, 16:31
Post #5

Excellent Nina, thanks...

So that's Fran, you and me.... hey this sounds like my lucky day... perhaps I should take this notice down before anyone else sees it?

Oh well - just an idea :)

So, then who's next, please...

Thanks re dogs: that is taken at the wood in which we walk most days - incl today when it was wet, cold and windy. They might look comfy... I wasn't! The joy of dogs - walks in all weathers. Oh well 2...

James.

Guest_Nina_*
post Jan 29 05, 16:35
Post #6

Hi James

So that's Fran, you and me.... hey this sounds like my lucky day... perhaps I should take this notice down before anyone else sees it?

lol  Jester.gif

Guest__*
post Jan 29 05, 16:44
Post #7

Dear Jox,

Sorry to spoil your cosy threesome, but I'll be there too.

Grace ?

Butch ??

Arnfinn ???

And last but by no mean feat, least, Cleo ????

Nina, perhaps one of us travelling past could snap you up at a passed railway station en route, and deposit you there again afterwards. You live in London, easy access to Gatwick ? Or Reading ? I could snap you up on the way.

Love
Alan

Guest_Jox_*
post Jan 29 05, 16:53
Post #8

Thanks Nina.

Hi Alan, spolisport! Seriously, will be great to see you again.

Excellent transport offer if anyone is able to take it up.

Thanks.

Who is next...?

Guest_Nina_*
post Jan 29 05, 17:33
Post #9

Hi Alan

I like the idea of being snapped up.  I hope your car hasn't got sharp teeth

Nina

Guest_JohnK_*
post Jan 29 05, 18:39
Post #10

James - thanks for letting me know about this thread.

This sounds like a good idea, especially if Fran and I can arrange transport together for convenience (assuming she doesn't mind).  However, it entirely depends on my workload and other commitments (I'm booked up for the first two weekends in Feb already, and possibly for half of the third).

So, put me down as a definite maybe, and I'll confirm or decline once a date, time and place has been set.

Regards,

John

Guest_Jox_*
post Jan 29 05, 19:27
Post #11

John,

Thank you. Great, Cheers.

James.

Guest__*
post Jan 29 05, 20:30
Post #12

Dear Nina,

No, the car hasn't got sharp teeth !

Dear John,

Is it only weekENDS that are possible for you ?

Love
Alan

Guest_Toumai_*
post Jan 30 05, 02:04
Post #13

Hi John (K), James and all,

This sounds like a good idea, especially if Fran and I can arrange transport together for convenience (assuming she doesn't mind).

Of course I don't mind.  :dragon:  We'll argue about the driving later.

However, it entirely depends on my workload and other commitments (I'm booked up for the first two weekends in Feb already, and possibly for half of the third).

I've got weekend trouble too: Dave's away on business for a couple of weeks, so the weekends of 19/20th Feb, 26/27th Feb and 5/6th March are all out for me, plus it's the BBC GW 'wake' on 19th March - but if it's a toss up I'd rather meet you chaps.  :pharoah2

Fran

Guest_JohnK_*
post Jan 30 05, 04:50
Post #14

Alan,

I have an office job (not so much 9 to 5 as 7:30 to 4), but I have the advantage of flexitime and quite a lot of annual leave.  However, it's coming up to the end of the financial year, and there's every chance that I will get more and more urgent piece of work with less and less notice.  Therefore, I might not be able to guarantee getting a weekday off.

Weekends are easier, but my other hobbies do tend to intrude (most archery competitions are on Sundays, for example).

I wouldn't worry about it.  You guys set a date, time and place, and if I can make it I'll let you know :)

Fran,

Splendid.  Ta muchly :)

John

Cybele
post Jan 30 05, 05:18
Post #15

Ornate Oracle

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 22
Writer of: Poetry & Prose

Sorry Everyone, blush21.gif

I have been nudged sharply by James to respond to this tile, which I hadn't read.

Of course I'll be there with bells on. Jester.gif

I am quite happy to drive to anywhere within a region of 100 - 150 miles of Somerset.

Pretty well booked up for the first two weeks of February, but I can accommodate most dates after that (a couple of bookings pencilled in) until second week in April.

I have a pretty full diary after that date.

I would really love to meet everybody, beside renewing my acquaintance with the terrible twins, (and I am not referring to the gorgeous dogs, James.)  hsdance.gif

·······IPB·······

Love

Grace

http://mysite.orange.co.uk/graceingreece

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Nominate a tile for the Crown Jewels and Faery Awards today! For details, go to the Valley of the Kings!

MM Award Winner

Guest_Jox_*
post Jan 30 05, 05:32
Post #16

Grace,

Thanks for your return nudge, so to speak. I have to say, though, that Alan will be mortified! (He's a brick anyway, so that will be ok).

I am very pleased to hear from you, too Grace.

OK,

I have now heard from:

Alan, Fran, Grace, John K, Nina, Jox

I suspect that's us all. However, please remember this is open to any MM member (from anywhere) so if you're in southern Blighty at the time please join us. Do drop me a PM if you think you can "attend."

If any of the above wish to give me any more details then please PM me asap.

I'll try to work on dates and locations on Monday.

All the best, James.

Guest_Toumai_*
post Jan 30 05, 05:40
Post #17

James,

Thanks very much for getting this going. GroupHug.gif

Fran

Guest_Perrorist_*
post Jan 30 05, 06:11
Post #18

If someone can come and pick me up, I'll be happy to attend as well. Maybe James in his Leary Jet....

Perry

Guest_Jox_*
post Jan 30 05, 06:42
Post #19

ROFL Perry!

If I had the money - and, having never flown, could hack that, I'd be delighted.

Actually, if you started digging now...

If you can't make it, We'll raise a glass to you.

James.

Guest_Nina_*
post Jan 30 05, 07:44
Post #20

hi James

I can do pretty much any weekend up to the 17 April when I shall be heading to warm and sunny Tenerife for 2 weeks.  Weekdays are a bit more difficult as I work full time, but not impossible, depending on what other committments I have such as booktalks (not  7-11 March though as it is fully booked up).

Nina

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

9 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 22:49

Read our FLYERS - click below

Reference links provided to aid in fine-tuning your writings. ENJOY!

more Quotes
more Art Quotes
Dictionary.com ~ Thesaurus.com

Search:
for
Type in a word below to find its rhymes, synonyms, and more:

Word: