> I WISH I'D SAID THAT, ADD A LINE
Cybele
post Oct 23 03, 04:19
Post #1

Ornate Oracle

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 22
Writer of: Poetry & Prose

Add a line from a well klnown poem or one from MM which makes you think "I wish I'd Said That"

Then is my heart buried alive in snow (Translation from the Sanskrit)

·······IPB·······

Love

Grace

http://mysite.orange.co.uk/graceingreece

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Nominate a tile for the Crown Jewels and Faery Awards today! For details, go to the Valley of the Kings!

MM Award Winner

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page
Cleo_Serapis
post Oct 24 03, 04:05
Post #2

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 2
Referred By:Imhotep

"troubled hearts grasp numbing anesthetics"

From MM Aphrodite's poem, Bursting Light.

I WISH I'D SAID THAT!

pharoah2.gif  cloud9.gif

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post Oct 24 03, 04:11
Post #3

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

"While tainted words are bled, this rose still seethes"

From MM's ladyriles. You can find this line in her poem, Truth's Naivety, currently in the forum, "Socrate's Synapse".

I WISH I'D SAID THAT!

~Cleo  :pharoah2  cloud9.gif

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

Cybele
post Oct 29 03, 02:27
Post #4

Ornate Oracle

"The world swirls, swells with beauty's range"

'As Seasons Settle' by Orion
(Posted in Homer's Homilies)

Congratulations Orion - a very beautiful line

Grace

·······IPB·······

Love

Grace

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Nominate a tile for the Crown Jewels and Faery Awards today! For details, go to the Valley of the Kings!

MM Award Winner

Cybele
post Nov 4 03, 11:58
Post #5

Ornate Oracle

your gentle hand stroked
my tarnished confidence

Extract from 'Ambrosia' by Aphrodite.

Very beautiful line Lindi
Love
Grace sun.gif

·······IPB·······

Love

Grace

MM Award Winner

Cybele
post Nov 5 03, 00:51
Post #6

Ornate Oracle

Waltzing Leaves - an Acrostic by Cleo

Waltzing in whirls of kaleidoscope tint,

Lovely, lovely line Cleo

Cheers

Grace sings.gif  cheer.gif

·······IPB·······

Love

Grace

MM Award Winner

Cybele
post Nov 9 03, 04:11
Post #7

Ornate Oracle

Each zenith gained, expands horizon’s view;

Elevation 24/7 by Michelle

Your can read this in Homers Homilies

Great line Michelle

Grace  SunCloud.gif

·······IPB·······

Love

Grace

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post Nov 23 03, 09:55
Post #8

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

"In you I see, a grandiose potpourri,
of abundant loving qualities, that exude a rich vitality."

From JLY's "The Sparkling Jewel That Is You" located presently in Pandora's Box forum - 2nd Nov Challenge

WAY to go John!~ lovie.gif

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post Nov 23 03, 09:59
Post #9

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

"Sparkling--like an evening’s quest
mirrored in a glassy garden."

From AMETHYST's "The Winter of You..."

LOVELY LIZ!  sun.gif  Snowflake.gif

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Guest_Brahms_*
post Oct 22 03, 11:53
Post #10

to wake, knowing

is this morn's response, knowing
the bard in each our lives
knows so much so better.

Brahms

Guest_Jox_*
post Oct 22 03, 11:56
Post #11

Brilliant reply, Stephen!

I wish I'd said that!

James.

Cleo_Serapis
post Oct 22 03, 14:50
Post #12

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

And then my heart with pleasure fills,
And dances with the daffodils.
- William Wordsworth

I just LOVE this part of his poem, "I wandered Lonely as a Cloud"!!!

I WISH I'D SAID THAT!

:pharoah2  cloud9.gif

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Guest__*
post Oct 22 03, 17:06
Post #13

While I wish I had said any one thing the Alfred Tennyson said, this is not only my favorite of his, but of all poetry I've ever read.

CIRCUMSTANCE

Two children in two neighbor villages
Playing mad pranks along the heathy leas;
Two strangers meeting at a festival;
Two lovers whispering by an orchard wall:
Two lives bound fast in one with golden ease;
Two graves grass-green beside a gray church-tower,
Wash’d with still rains and daisy-blossomed;
Two children in one hamlet born and bred:
So runs the round of life from hour to hour.

Dan

Cybele
post Nov 25 03, 03:04
Post #14

Ornate Oracle

It’s the kind of morning
to close eyes while leaning
Heavenward on tiptoes.

Inhaling deeply,
I almost lose my balance.

Sunday Morning Solitude by Orion in Homers Homilies

·······IPB·······

Love

Grace

MM Award Winner

Cybele
post Nov 26 03, 05:35
Post #15

Ornate Oracle

The point-of- sale barker,
In the aisle of natural selection

From BRAIN POWER by JOX in Socrates Synapse.

Brilliant metaphor James!! dance.gif

·······IPB·······

Love

Grace

MM Award Winner

Cybele
post Nov 26 03, 07:26
Post #16

Ornate Oracle

My fingers entwine themselves
around his over-cracked knuckles.
His rumbling laughter dies
after mine.

From Specks by Jessica in Socrates Synapse

·······IPB·······

Love

Grace

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post Nov 26 03, 16:01
Post #17

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

"she glances up as a compassionate stranger passes her a dollar,
tears flowing down her numb pink cheek,
she thanks, for giving."

From Aphrodite's "Thanks, for Giving" curently located in Homer's Homilies.

Very heart-warming Lindi!  :snowflake:

:pharoah2

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post Nov 26 03, 16:15
Post #18

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

"The bleeding drops of dew pour softly down"

from Alan's "NET BOUND" currently located in Socrates Synapse.

Excellent!  Snowflake.gif

:pharoah2

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Cybele
post Nov 28 03, 01:58
Post #19

Ornate Oracle

for time has tied its ribbons through her mind;

From "Alzheimer's" by Eisa in Homer's Homilies.
An absolutely 'must read' poem.

·······IPB·······

Love

Grace

MM Award Winner

Guest_Dove_*
post Nov 29 03, 19:28
Post #20

"Crooked tree trunks, with their limbs gnarled, deformed and bent,
scratching the sky with bony, arthritic fingers."

---Cybele, "The Apple Orchard" in Homers Homilies.

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 16:31

Read our FLYERS - click below

Reference links provided to aid in fine-tuning your writings. ENJOY!

more Quotes
more Art Quotes
Dictionary.com ~ Thesaurus.com

Search:
for
Type in a word below to find its rhymes, synonyms, and more:

Word: