post Nov 25 05, 20:32
Post #1

Ornate Oracle

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 10
Writer of: Poetry
Referred By:Lori Kanter

Dear Mosaic Family,

If you all could keep a prayer in your hearts and thoughts for my family and my best friend Jackie, it would be greatly appreciated. During the middle of the night, my Goddaughter, Staci, was killed in a car accident. She was 20 years old and the most true hearted person I've ever met. Her smile was a beacon on the darkest day. Often, when someone speaks of someone, especially so young when they've died-they say they were a great person or always smiling or full of life. Well, Staci was that one in a million rarity who had the heart of a simpleton, and the mind of sage.

My friend Jackie, those of you who know me well, know well of Jackie, is grief-stricken, completely and utterly emptied and both our families have been through so much-I would like those who will or can to pray for strength for Jackie through this time, the courage to eventually find acceptence and most of all the ability to come out on the other side of this tragedy still in tact. I would be most grateful.

Thank you for all your love and kindness, Love - Liz

·······IPB·······

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more details, click here!

MM Award Winner

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page
Guest_Nina_*
post Nov 26 05, 00:59
Post #2

Hi Liz

I am so sorry for your loss.  My thoughts are with you, Jackie and both your families.  To lose a child is devastating and must have been such a terrible shock.  I hope you find the strength to be there for Jackie and it must be a comfort to her knowing that she has you and your family to help her and her family come to terms with what has happened.

I hope that in time you will all be able to look back at the happy memories Staci has left you with.  The joy and laughter she brought into your lives will stay with you for ever.

Hugs to you

Nina

Guest_Jox_*
post Nov 26 05, 05:51
Post #3

Hi Liz,

I think Nina has put the response I would give very well indeed.

I cannot know what you are all going through but I can imagine it must be awful beyond words. In the last 24 hours here I have heard of the deaths of two UK celebrities. One at 59 - very young. Then another at 34 - horrendouly early. Now I hear of this lady's death at 20. It seems so sad that she did not have a chance to develop her life but, of course, she isn't suffering: you and Jackie and your families are. It is useless to say I am so sorry - though I am.

My thoughts are with you and your friends at this terrible time.

James.

Cleo_Serapis
post Nov 26 05, 08:01
Post #4

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 2
Writer of: Poetry & Prose
Referred By:Imhotep

Oh my Liz.  :(

What a tragedy. No one is supposed to outlive their children.

I will light some candles for Staci.

My thoughts and prayers are with you all.

With deepest sorrow and sympathy,
Lori Kanter

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

Guest_Toumai_*
post Nov 26 05, 08:23
Post #5

Dear Liz,

What a shocking and terrible tragedy for all of you. My heart goes out to you and my thoughts and wishes for peace of mind are with you.  dove.gif

Fran

Guest_Don_*
post Nov 26 05, 11:40
Post #6

Our prayers are sincerely given for your recovery and acceptance of God's graceous will.

Don

Siren
post Nov 27 05, 05:42
Post #7

Laureate Legionnaire

Member No.: 13

Hey Liz,

It's been too long... I'm so sorry for ur loss. I extend my prayers to u all.

Hugs
Dani

·······IPB·······

Happiness is a journey, not a destination.

"A good book is not read and forgotten. It lingers in the mind of the reader, reshaping thoughts, asking new questions, revisiting ancient ones."

MM Award Winner

Ephiny
post Nov 27 05, 08:00
Post #8

Creative Chieftain

Member No.: 41

Hello Liz,

I am so very sorry to read your sad news..there are no words really to express the feelings around such a terrible tragedy..but I send you lots of love and hugs and want you to know that you, and Staci's family are in my thoughts and prayers.  This won't mean much now, I'm sure, but I truly believe that those we lose are never really gone, and that she will look down and watch over you all.

Lucie

·······IPB·······

Lucie

"What could have made her peaceful with a mind
That nobleness made simple as a fire,
With beauty like a tightened bow, a kind
That is not natural in an age like this,
Being high and solitary and most stern?
Why, what could she have done, being what she is?
Was there another Troy for her to burn?"
WB Yeats "No Second Troy"

MM Award Winner

JLY
post Nov 29 05, 07:07
Post #9

Ornate Oracle
Group Icon

Group: Centurion
Member No.: 39
Referred By:Larry Carr

Liz,
My deepest sympathies and prayers go out to you, your family and your friend, Jackie.
JLY

·······IPB·······

Give thanks for your new friends of today, but never forget the warm hugs of your yesterdays.

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

MM Award Winner

AMETHYST
post Dec 1 05, 00:19
Post #10

Ornate Oracle

Thank you everyone, I am so sorry for my delay in reply-We had the viewing these past couple of days, and the burial today (entombment) ... I thank you for your prayers and thoughts. It is an extremely hard time right now and I cannot think.

Here is a link to Staci's guest page; it is wonderful reading as it gives a peek into the amazing person Staci was...She surely was a princess.

Anastasia Riganati

God Bless you all and keep you safe each minute of every day. My love, Liz

·······IPB·······

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more details, click here!

MM Award Winner

Arnfinn
post Dec 1 05, 05:46
Post #11

Creative Chieftain
Group Icon

Group: Centurion
Member No.: 17

Liz,

The sudden and unexpected death of a young Staci is a tragedy that will be most difficult for family and friends to come to terms with. My sympathy to you and your friend Jackie and family.

John

·······IPB·······

Arnfinn

MM Award Winner

Nefertiti
post Dec 3 05, 11:54
Post #12

Assyrian

Member No.: 11

OH Relli!

I am sooooo sorry!  I will pray to the depths of my heart for all of you!  I know how devastating losing a young one is - especially so unexepectly.  It's always such an unbearable tragedy!  OH Relli!  I am so sorry!  

Biggest Hugs of ALL!
Bethie

·······IPB·······

I am who I am.

Morgan le Fay
post Dec 3 05, 12:13
Post #13

Assyrian

Member No.: 20

Oh dear Liz,

I'm so very sorry to hear of this sad time for you, Jackie and all of those who've known and loved Staci.  My thoughts and prayers will most definitely be coming your way.  Sincerest sympathy dear Liz. {{hugs}}

Love and prayers,
Chris

·······IPB·······

"...Morgan le Fay was not married, but put to school in a nunnery, where she became a great mistress of magic."

- ?Mallory, Morte d'Arthur

MM Award Winner

AMETHYST
post Dec 4 05, 15:26
Post #14

Ornate Oracle

Thank you all so much for the thoughts and kindness' it says something about our love for each other when one of the first things we do during times of tragedy and loss occurs and we look toward those that we have such a bond with online. Sometimes, I wonder if our worlds are more energy connected than theose who we see everyday in our of line lives, mostly because we often share deeper and secretive thoughts with each other--things we cannot share with the people in our lives.

I have just returned back to work. Don't really know how that is gonna be but I finally got a moment to read through your thoughts and I hope that some of you have read through Staci's Guest Book Link, it tells so much of the kind of person she was and I would like to share that part of my life with you.

Each of you, at one time or another has provided the strength and possibility to get through rough times and I hope I give to you that same energy.

With all my love, Lizarelli...

PS BETHIE... Thank you for the biggest hugs... (Much needed)

PPS John and Chris... Your prayers have been felt and greatly appreciated.

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Blank_Canvas
post Dec 6 05, 10:36
Post #15

Greek

Member No.: 15

Am just reading about this now........so sorry for your loss and for the sadness that certainly follows such a tragedy. Will pray for all of you for God's blessings and strength.....
                                    Marcia

·······IPB·······

"...We are born into the world like a blank canvas
and every person that crosses our path takes up the brush and makes their mark upon our surface.
So it is that we develop.
But we must realize there comes a day that we must take up the brush and finish the work. For only we can determine if we are to be just another painting or a masterpiece..."

1981 Javan (from the book " Meet Me Halfway" )

MM Award Winner

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 17:28

Read our FLYERS - click below

Reference links provided to aid in fine-tuning your writings. ENJOY!

more Quotes
more Art Quotes
Dictionary.com ~ Thesaurus.com

Search:
for
Type in a word below to find its rhymes, synonyms, and more:

Word: