Group Icon

Group: Centurion
Member No.: 39
Writer of: Poetry
Referred By:Larry Carr

The days and years may have passed,
some memories faded in the sunset,
but for all of those who have served,
your courageous spirit we’ll never forget.

·······IPB·······

Give thanks for your new friends of today, but never forget the warm hugs of your yesterdays.

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

MM Award Winner

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page
Larry
post Nov 11 14, 16:16
Post #2

Creative Chieftain

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 446
Writer of: Poetry & Prose
Referred By:Just wondered in.

Hi John,

Thanks for the well wishes from an old Viet Nam veteran Marine! Too bad that people back then didn't appreciate
the sacrifice of life from the 58,000+ dead soldiers from that "war?".

Larry

·······IPB·······

When power leads man toward arrogance, poetry reminds him of his limitations. When power narrows the areas of man's concern, poetry reminds him of the richness and diversity of his existence. When power corrupts, poetry cleanses.
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

Kindness is a seed sown by the gentlest hand, growing care's flowers.
Larry D. Jennings

MM Award Winner

JLY
post Nov 12 14, 06:39
Post #3

Ornate Oracle
Group Icon

Larry,
Last night my wife and I attended a Veteran's Day celebration at our local American Legion. The guest speaker was this 30 year old Army Major who had done 3 tours in Iraq and one tour in Afghanistan. We learned a lot more of what is going on over there that you can't get in the local newscasts. Very interesting perspectives.

Of the two places, Afghanistan was far more dangerous because the opposing forces were better armed and trained.

JLY

·······IPB·······

Give thanks for your new friends of today, but never forget the warm hugs of your yesterdays.

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

MM Award Winner

JustDaniel
post Nov 12 14, 10:31
Post #4

Ornate Oracle

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 6
Referred By:Lori

Thank you from a late-blooming, retired Army National Guard Chaplain (Lt. Col), who didn't put on the uniform until I was 36! I had a lot of activity and experiences dealing with my activated units to Saudi Arabia and Iraq, plus helping with PTSD and suicide issues with some of them as well as Viet Nam vets, plus many, many more issues... including with myself!

I've been "away" for several months because I was hospitalized for a third time with Staph infection in my right knee, resulting in its being cut open for the SIXTH time -- third since last September! When I got back home, my family had switched our service from Comcast to Verizon, so I cannot retrieve my emails AND I did not have wireless connection for some strange reason, even though the computer indicated that I was online! It is supposed to be fixed tomorrow, and right now I have arranged for a direct connect to my laptop. Maybe I'll be able to catch up with some of you, even though my time is limited between physical therapy, chiropractor and other doctor visits, plus occasionally taking care of two grandchildren.

Blessings on all of you still active here! I've missed you.

Love in Light, Daniel sun.gif

·······IPB·······

Slow down; things will go faster!

MM Award Winner

JLY
post Nov 12 14, 12:34
Post #5

Ornate Oracle
Group Icon

Daniel,
Sorry to hear of your recent struggles. I am now 66 and still working full time. I will be working forever just to be able to pay our NJ taxes which are the highest in the nation.

Hope to see you contributing again.
JLY

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 16:38

Read our FLYERS - click below

Reference links provided to aid in fine-tuning your writings. ENJOY!

more Quotes
more Art Quotes
Dictionary.com ~ Thesaurus.com

Search:
for
Type in a word below to find its rhymes, synonyms, and more:

Word: