JustDaniel
post Nov 26 15, 11:08
Post #1

Ornate Oracle

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 6
Writer of: Poetry
Referred By:Lori

This is a continuation from Jerry's (OOPS!) Larry's piece from the Rictameter section in Karnak, but memorializing my very brief visit yesterday with Daniah in the departure venue at JFK Airport in NYC. I'd never been there, and in fact hadn't been in NYC since the day after the 9/11 tragedy and several weeks thereafter on National Guard duty working out of Jersey City. It was a great day of adventure yesterday. I asked Dani why she had picked the busiest travel day of the year to visit from Saudi Arabia: it's her brother's birthday, and she's surprising him with a visit to her family (including seeing her mother visiting from Damascus) in Denver.

REVISED - Sorry, I lost the original!

Dream Eyes

could well describe

some writings Dani's shared;

I'm hopeful that we will see more

since fifty minutes spent at J F K ;

it took me seven hours to drive

up there and back, but fun

at last to meet

Dream Eyes

·······IPB·······

Slow down; things will go faster!

MM Award Winner

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page
Eisa
post Nov 26 15, 17:29
Post #2

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Group: Praetorian
Member No.: 12

Daniel - I knew of Dani's visit and am so pleased that you were able to meet with her.How fantastic for you, her & her family. I hope we might see more of her on MM soon. I miss her!

Your verse is superb. I am envious of your talent.
Keep them coming Daniel.

Snow

·······IPB·······

Live one day at a time -it's simpler that way.
Laugh loud & often - it's medicinal.
Write from the heart - it's therapeutic.
Beauty comes from within - the outer is just skin!

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more details, click here!

MM Award Winner

Larry
post Nov 26 15, 23:36
Post #3

Creative Chieftain

Member No.: 446
Writer of: Poetry & Prose
Referred By:Just wondered in.

Hi Daniel,

I'm so glad you were able to make it to the airport to meet Dani and that you had a great visit. I envy you your proximity to her arrival and departure site. I, too, hope to read more of her poetry in the near future. It was always beautiful.

Larry
aka
Jerry

·······IPB·······

When power leads man toward arrogance, poetry reminds him of his limitations. When power narrows the areas of man's concern, poetry reminds him of the richness and diversity of his existence. When power corrupts, poetry cleanses.
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

Kindness is a seed sown by the gentlest hand, growing care's flowers.
Larry D. Jennings

MM Award Winner

Psyche
post Nov 27 15, 01:20
Post #4

Ornate Oracle
Group Icon

Group: Praetorian
Member No.: 78
Writer of: Poetry & Prose
Referred By:David Ting

Daniel, I'm overwhelmed with emotion that you were able to meet Dani. And some envy, of the good kind... LOL.
I've always liked her as a person as well as a poet. Her life has been complicated. No chance of meeting her myself, as I live at the other end of the world (like Pope Francis!).

Did she say whether she'd visit us at MM once more? When you have time, pass on some more news of Dani and her family.

Wow...my surprise almost made me sign off without mentioning your beautiful rictameter.

Dream eyes I love that! Does Dani have lovely eyes, or do you refer to her poetry.
Did you take photos? Bet you didn't...

I'll be back if time allows these days. Tx for sharing,
cheers, Syl***

·······IPB·······

Mis temas favoritos

The Lord replied, my precious, precious child, I love you and I would never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you.

"There is no life higher than the grasstops
Or the hearts of sheep, and the wind
Pours by like destiny, bending
Everything in one direction."

Sylvia Plath, Crossing the Water, Wuthering Heights.

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

MM Award Winner

JustDaniel
post Nov 29 15, 05:43
Post #5

Ornate Oracle

QUOTE (Eisa @ Nov 26 15, 17:29 ) *
Daniel - I knew of Dani's visit and am so pleased that you were able to meet with her. How fantastic for you, her & her family. I hope we might see more of her on MM soon. I miss her!
Your verse is superb. I am envious of your talent. Keep them coming Daniel.
Snow

Thank you so much, Snow.

I learned that she has been very busy doing translation work (Arabic to English and English to Arabic) for various companies, doing brochures and various literature out of her home, so she's not done much poetry or prose of late. I encouraged her to drop in on us and gave greetings to her from y'all, telling her that she has been missed. I do hope she will be able to find time for her creative writing again. I miss it too!

deLighting in your sharing, Daniel sun.gif

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

JustDaniel
post Nov 29 15, 05:49
Post #6

Ornate Oracle

QUOTE (Larry @ Nov 26 15, 23:36 ) *
Hi Daniel,
I'm so glad you were able to make it to the airport to meet Dani and that you had a great visit. I envy you your proximity to her arrival and departure site. I, too, hope to read more of her poetry in the near future. It was always beautiful.
Larry aka Jerry

Okay, Larry.... (blush)... I made the correction in the explanation of my visit above. I know your name. Am I allowed a mistake, or what!? Who is Jerry?

I'm looking forward to seeing her write something again too. I hope she'll give all of us a chance to encourage her in it again. She has a wonderful gift.

deLighting in anticipation, Daniel sun.gif

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

JustDaniel
post Nov 29 15, 06:23
Post #7

Ornate Oracle

QUOTE (Psyche @ Nov 27 15, 01:20 ) *
Daniel, I'm overwhelmed with emotion that you were able to meet Dani. And some envy, of the good kind... LOL.
I've always liked her as a person as well as a poet. Her life has been complicated. No chance of meeting her myself, as I live at the other end of the world (like Pope Francis!).
Did she say whether she'd visit us at MM once more? When you have time, pass on some more news of Dani and her family.
Wow...my surprise almost made me sign off without mentioning your beautiful rictameter.
Dream eyes I love that! Does Dani have lovely eyes, or do you refer to her poetry.
Did you take photos? Bet you didn't...
I'll be back if time allows these days. Tx for sharing,
cheers, Syl***

Thank you, Sylvia.

I've had the joy over the years of visiting with about a dozen of our fellow-writers in various places. It's always a special joy to talk to someone face-to-face that you've met online, often discovering that they are even more than you knew from sharing in the writing platforms. You're right about your living on the other side of the world, but of course Saudi Arabia is on the other side of the world too! It was such a surprise to me for Dani to leave a note to me here in MM that she was to have a long lay-over at JFK on her way to Denver, wondering if we might meet there. It was a long trip for spending less than two hours chatting, but it was worth every bit of the time for me.

I did encourage her to visit us again here in MM, and I think she will definitely try to do so. Let's all hope together! As I mentioned to Snow, she is very busy, but I think she's gonna make the effort.

Thank you for your comments about the rictameter, Syl. (and did you know that Luce has visited us with a couple of hers down in Karnak !?) Yes, the "dream eyes" is in reference to her writings. Those who recall her work, I think, will see how well the words fit her style.

By the way, you'd lose the bet about the picture, because I did take one (and she did a selfie of both of us), but I have to leave it up to her to post one of the pictures, because she's very sensitive about doing so. I must defer to her, even though I'd be pleased to share them with y'all. And yes, I suppose the "dream eyes" could well fit with her own, but that wasn't my intent, even though I guess it's inferred. But then you know enough about my writing that I often imply in order to mislead the reader! LOL.

deLighting in your emotion and my anticipation of your return, Daniel sun.gif

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2024 - 23:13

Read our FLYERS - click below

Reference links provided to aid in fine-tuning your writings. ENJOY!

more Quotes
more Art Quotes
Dictionary.com ~ Thesaurus.com

Search:
for
Type in a word below to find its rhymes, synonyms, and more:

Word: