post Aug 8 03, 18:24
Post #1

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 2
Writer of: Poetry & Prose
Referred By:Imhotep

Let's get communal and share our favorite recipes..

Mmmm -I'm feeling quite hungry already!  :p  devil.gif  :kungfu:  :love:  blush.gif  upside.gif

Here goes the start... please add on...
~Cleo

For the 1/2 Hungarian blood in me:

Hungarian Goulash Soup

Ingredients

3 tablespoons butter
1 pound top round beef, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
1-1/2 cups chopped onions
1 tablespoon minced garlic
2 tablespoons flour
2 tablespoons paprika
3 tablespoons tomato paste
4 cans (14-1/2 oz. each) chicken broth, plus enough water to equal 8 cans
1 can (14 oz.) whole tomatoes drained and chopped, juice reserved
4 potatoes, peeled and grated
4 large carrots, diced
1 bay leaf
1/2 teaspoon marjoram
1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds, crushed
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1/2 cup sour cream

Directions:

1. Melt butter in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add beef and brown on all sides, 5 minutes. Transfer to plate with slotted spoon; set aside.
2. Add onions and garlic and cook, 5 minutes. Add beef, flour, and paprika; cook, stirring constantly, 3 minutes. Stir in tomato paste until smooth. Add chicken broth and water, tomatoes, and reserved juice, potatoes, carrots, bay leaf, marjoram, caraway seeds, and pepper. Bring to boil; reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until beef is just tender and vegetables are cooked through, 45 minutes. Remove bay leaf. Top each serving with sour cream. Makes 14 cups.

CHEERS!

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page
Guest_Zeus˛_*
post Aug 8 03, 19:06
Post #2

Chicken Cordon Bleu

traditionally they are served flat, sort of a sandwich type.

I roll them and vary it a little

Take half of chicken breast, and butterfly it, careful not to cut all the way thru.
Pound them as flat as you can,
Make a mixture of flavored bread crumbs, flour and break up a bunch of Ritz crackers
into small pieces, mix all together
use standard egg wash
dip one side of chicken into crumbs
with that side down coat the inside with melted butter
In the supermarket you can get ham ends about half inch thick
I get the Virginian smoked ham , super good taste
Cut this into slightly larger julienne pieces
large block of good Swiss cheese sliced same way
position chicken so that the top would be a wing tip
place ham and cheese on chicken horizontally
coat with butter too
then roll up and one toothpick should hold it together
will be slightly larger than what an egg roll looks like
Put in fridge for however long
Prior to dinner, take the chicken and redip in egg and crumb mixture again
the deep fry to brown and then into over for baking
serve with your own homemade mushroom and onion gravy
Don’t forget to take the toothpicks out.

Nefertiti
post Aug 8 03, 19:08
Post #3

Assyrian

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 11
Writer of: Poetry

Well, Cleo!

That sounds yummy but not as yummy as this!  Of course, this is MY SECRET recipe so I'll have to kill you after you read this!  :D  :p

Big Surprise -

Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 cup sugar
1 cup dark brown sugar
1 cup butter or margarine, softened a bit
1 overflowing teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 3/4 - 3 cups all purpose flour
12 oz. package chocolate chips
Nuts if you want 'em

Mix sugars and butter at medium speed in large bowl until light and creamy.  (This takes a few minutes.)  

Add eggs and vanilla - be generous! and mix at medium speed until well blended.

Add salt and baking soda.  I sprinkle both evenly over the dough so they get mixed in thoroughly.  Nothing worse than a salty bite of cookie! :O Stir in at medium speed.

Next, mix in flour at low speed, 1/2 cup at a time until you get the consistency you prefer.  (I don't like runny or crunchy cookies. I like mine full bodied!  laugh.gif )

Stir in chocolate chips and nuts, if you're in a nutty mood.

Drop teaspoon size globs of dough on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 10 minutes.  This may vary depending on how your oven bakes and what type of cookie sheet you use. You may want to check after 8 minutes.

Let cool for a minute or two so you don't burn your tongue then scarf 'em down!  Don't forget, you can always lick your fingers as you go along and I won't tell if you eat the dough!

Okay, now that you have this top secret info, you must die!  ghostface.gif  laugh.gif

Big Better than Mrs. Field's Cookie Hugs,
Nef

·······IPB·······

I am who I am.

Guest_Zeus˛_*
post Aug 8 03, 19:09
Post #4

Stuffed Calamari in red sauce over spaghetti. **>> Drool

It’s easy

They sell cleaned and ready to go calamari, fresh or frozen
about 5 inch size.

Cook the rice normally.
Mince finely
celery, various color peppers
carrot
onion
Genoa salami
chopped fresh shrimp and crabmeat
crushed red pepper, liberally
Stuff the calamari. Pinch off the end with a toothpick
Make your normal red sauce and cook calamari
Serve, over spagetti

Drool somemore

Nefertiti
post Aug 8 03, 19:13
Post #5

Assyrian

Ewwww!

I'm not eatin' any slimey octopus legs!  YUCK!

THbbbbppppppptttt!  :p

·······IPB·······

I am who I am.

Guest_Zeus˛_*
post Aug 8 03, 19:21
Post #6

Nef, you dont have to, just the heads and eyes are fine.I love the arms and legs.
z2 devil.gif

Nefertiti
post Aug 8 03, 19:29
Post #7

Assyrian

YUCK!

I'll stick to the chicken cordon bleu, thank you very much!  Although, I have MY OWN recipe!  Thbbbbpppt~  not gonna share THAT one!  :wink.gif:

You can have all the octapi parts.  BLAH!  Yick!  Ewww!  Gross!  Blah!  I can barely handle shrimp.  Calamari is out of the question!   ghostface.gif

·······IPB·······

I am who I am.

Cleo_Serapis
post Aug 8 03, 19:31
Post #8

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

These are great! Glad I ate din din already!

YUMMY - I spy chocolate..but Nef - only ONE bag of chippies?  :alien:  :O  :p  :D

I woulda thought you'd be more generous??

BTW, you're gonna be in lights on Sunday on the Discovery Channel.. http://dsc.discovery.com/convergence/nefer.../nefertiti.html

Way cool!!!

A hug in a rug...
Cleo

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

Nefertiti
post Aug 8 03, 19:41
Post #9

Assyrian

Hey Cleo!

Well, to be perfectly honest, only 1 bag ever makes it into the cookies!  The other seems to disappear as if by magic!!! laugh.gif   It is a mystery!!! :D

Tee-hee!  Where do you think I came up with the name? Hey, I'm not that smart anymore!  :wink.gif:   I DO want to see the show, though!  It sounds very interesting!!!  Supposedly, I got my face bashed in and an arm cut off.  Wonder what I did to deserve it?  One too many limericks, perhaps?  :p

Well, I'll have to dig out my recipe for Fudge Ball Cookies.  I was just thinking about those.  Oh so chocolately rich and  :devil: ish!   It's not fair!  When I was young, I baked all the time and was skinny.  Now, that I'm a mommy, I never have time to bake and I'm fluffy.  Boo-hoo!  :(  (That's a pout, btw!) :D

Okay, then, Sunday, I'll bake some cookies and we'll have a Nefertiti Party at My place!  Bring your Steve Martin album and we'll Tut out!  :laugh:

Bug in a Rug Hug,
Nef

·······IPB·······

I am who I am.

Cleo_Serapis
post Aug 9 03, 08:18
Post #10

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Another main dish favorite of mine (although NOT my own recipe):

Pork Tenderloin with Pear and Apple Chutney

Ingredients

2 large pears, peeled, cored and cut into 1/2-inch
2 large Golden Delicious or Gala apples, peeled, cored, and cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
3/4 cup dark brown sugar
1 cup balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup dark raisins
1/2 cup golden raisins
1 large onion, chopped
1 teaspoon coriander
1 teaspoon yellow mustard seeds
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/2 teaspoon cloves
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
1/2 cup white wine
1/2 cup orange juice
1/2 cup water
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon applesauce
1 garlic clove, pressed
2 pounds pork tenderloin

Directions:

1. Make chutney: Place pears and apples in a saucepan with enough water to cover. Simmer over medium heat until fruit becomes soft but not tender, 5 minutes. Pour off the cooking liquid into a small heavy-bottomed saucepan and stir in brown sugar. Bring mixture to a boil over high heat and cook down to a thick syrup, about 15 to 25 minutes. Stir the remaining ingredients into the pear-apple mixture. Add the syrup and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until reduced to a thick consistency, about 30 minutes more. Cool chutney, then cover and refrigerate.
2. Meanwhile, grease a metal 13x9-inch baking pan. Heat oven to 400 degree F. Combine soy sauce, applesauce, and garlic in a cup. Rub evenly over tenderloin. Roast until an instant-read thermometer inserted into thickest part of the tenderloin registers 155 degree F, about 20 to 25 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing. Serve with chutney. Makes 6 servings.
Note: Do not leave your instant-read thermometer in your roast while it is in the oven.

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post Aug 10 03, 14:19
Post #11

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Double-Chocolate Angel Cake angel.gif

Ingredients

1-1/2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
3/4 cup sifted cake flour
1/2 cup sifted unsweetened cocoa
1-1/2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1-1/2 cups egg whites (10 to 12 large), at room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
1 tablespoon unsalted butter (no substitutes)
2 medium bananas, sliced
Shaved bittersweet chocolate, for garnish
Sweetened whipped cream, for garnish

Directions:

1. Adjust oven rack to lowest third of oven. Heat oven to 350 degree F. In a large bowl sift together the confectioners' sugar, flour and cocoa 3 times; set aside.
2. Add cream of tartar and vanilla to the egg whites. Beat on medium-high speed in a mixer bowl until soft peaks form (tips curl). Gradually add granulated sugar, about 2 tablespoons at a time, and beat until stiff peaks form (tips stand straight).
3. Sift about 1/4 of the flour mixture over the beaten egg whites; gently fold in with a rubber spatula just until blended. Repeat, folding in remaining flour mixture by fourths. Gently fold in chocolate chips. Pour batter into an ungreased 10-inch tube pan. Gently run a long, thin knife or metal spatula through the batter to cut through air pockets.
4. Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched. Immediately invert cake (leave in the pan); cool thoroughly. run a sharp knife along the side of the pan and gently unmold. Remove cake from the pan.
5. To serve, heat butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook banana slices 5 minutes or until browned, shaking pan occasionally. Cut cake into thick slices. Lay each slice on a warmed dessert plate. Spoon bananas over each slice. Top with shaved chocolate and dollop with whipped cream, if desired. Makes 10 servings.

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post Aug 10 03, 14:20
Post #12

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Cool-as-a-Cucumber Chicken Salad (not my own but yummy)!  :costume:

Arrange chicken, melon, cucumber, and zucchini on greens and drizzle with refreshing lime and mint dressing.
Start to Finish: 25 minutes

• 2 cups cubed cantaloupe and/or honeydew melon
• 1 cup finely chopped cucumber
• 1 cup finely chopped zucchini
• 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
• 1/3 cup lime juice
• 2 tablespoons salad oil
• 2 tablespoons water
• 2 tablespoons snipped fresh cilantro or mint
• 1 tablespoon sugar
• 1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper
• 4 cups shredded leaf lettuce
• 2 cups shredded cooked chicken (10 ounces)

Directions

1. In a large bowl, toss together the cantaloupe, cucumber, zucchini, and green onions.
2. For dressing, in a screw-top jar, combine lime juice, oil, water, cilantro, sugar, and white pepper. Cover and shake well. Drizzle 1/2 cup of the dressing over the melon mixture. Toss lightly to coat.
3. Divide shredded lettuce among four dinner plates. Top with the melon mixture. Arrange chicken around edges of plates. Drizzle remaining dressing over chicken. Makes 4 main-dish servings.

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post Aug 10 03, 14:21
Post #13

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Doreen's Dip DELISH!  :cowboy:

1 pkg softened cream cheese
1 small jar of salsa sauce (or homemade)
1 8 oz pkg shredded cheddar cheese

1. Layer the bottom of a glass dish with the cream cheese
2. Pour the salsa evenly over the cream cheese
3. Spread teh shredded cheddar evenly over the salsa

Nuke in microwave until cheese starts to melt approximately 2 minutes...(time varies depending on microwave power).

This could also be baked in an oven at 375 degrees until cheese starts to melt.

Stir and serve warm with nacho chips or crackers....

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post Aug 10 03, 14:22
Post #14

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

OK - here is an easy one! Guitar.gif

Baked Sweet Potatoes

Ingredients

1/4 cup orange juice
1/4 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
4 medium sweet potatoes
salt and pepper

Directions:

1. Heat oven to 400 degree F. Combine orange juice and fresh ginger in cup; set aside.
2. Prick sweet potatoes with fork; bake 45 minutes until tender. Split potatoes and sprinkle tops evenly with salt and pepper. Spoon orange juice mixture evenly over top of each. Makes 4 servings.

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post Aug 13 03, 05:11
Post #15

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Deep-Dish Peach Pie

Prep Time: 20 minutes
Source: Ladies' Home Journal

Ingredients

1  cup all-purpose flour
1/4  teaspoon salt
1/4  cup butter, cut up
1  tablespoon vegetable shortening
1 to 2   tablespoons ice water
2/3  cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
1/4  cup all-purpose flour
1/4  teaspoon grated lemon peel
3  pounds fresh peaches, peeled and sliced (6 cups)
2  teaspoons fresh lemon juice
1  teaspoon vanilla extract
1  tablespoon butter or margarine, cut up
1  tablespoon milk
  Vanilla ice cream, (optional)

Directions:

1. For the pastry combine the 1 cup flour and the salt in medium bowl. , with pastry blender or 2 knives, cut in the 1/4 cup butter and the shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle with water, tossing with fork until pastry begins to hold together. Shape into ball; flatten into disk. Wrap and refrigerate at least 30 minutes.

2. Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Combine 2/3 cup of the sugar, the 1/4 cup flour and the lemon peel in large bowl. Add peaches, lemon juice and vanilla; toss to combine. Spoon into 10-inch deep-dish pie plate and dot with the 1 tablespoon butter.

3. On lightly floured surface, roll pastry into 11-inch circle. Cut decorative vents. Place pastry over peaches and flute edges, or cut pastry in 1/2-inch strips and arrange on top of pie to form lattice. Brush pastry with milk and sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons sugar.

4. Place on cookie sheet and bake 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 375 degree F and bake 30 to 45 minutes more or until bubbly in center. Cool on wire rack 20 minutes. Serve with vanilla ice cream, if desired. Makes 8 servings.

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post Aug 14 03, 17:37
Post #16

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Sweet Hungarian Palacsinta

Prep Time: 25 minutes Cooking Time: 4 minutes
Source: Better Homes and Gardens

Ingredients

1/2  cup sugar
1/4  cup ground walnuts
1  teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4  cup margarine or butter, softened
1/4  teaspoon salt
5   egg yolks
3/4  cup all-purpose flour
1/2  cup milk
1/2  teaspoon vanilla
5   egg whites

Directions:

1. Combine 1/4 cup of the sugar, the walnuts, and cinnamon; set aside. Combine the remaining 1/4 cup sugar, the margarine or butter, and salt. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until thoroughly combined. Add egg yolks; beat well. Beat in flour. Add milk and vanilla; beat until well combined. Wash beaters thoroughly; beat egg whites with an electric mixer on medium to high speed until soft peaks form (tips curl). Fold egg whites into batter, leaving a few puffs of egg white. Do not overbeat.

2. Heat a lightly greased griddle or heavy skillet over medium heat until a few drops of water dance across surface. Reduce heat to medium-low. For each pancake, pour a scant 1/4 cup batter onto hot griddle. Spread batter into a circle about 4 inches in diameter and 1/4 inch thick. Cook over medium-low heat until pancakes are golden brown, turning to cook second sides when pancake surfaces are bubbly and edges are slightly dry (about 2 to 3 minutes per side). Repeat with remaining batter, making 16 pancakes.

3. Carefully transfer 4 pancakes to a foil-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle about 1-1/2 teaspoons of the walnut mixture onto each pancake. Place a second pancake atop each first pancake and sprinkle with more nut mixture. Repeat stacking to make a total of 4 stacks of 4 pancakes each. Heat pancakes in a 300 degree F oven about 10 minutes or until heated through. To serve, cut into pie-shaped wedges. Makes 4 servings.

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post Aug 14 03, 17:39
Post #17

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Apple Pork Roast and Vegetables
Prep Time: 15 min. Cooking Time: 10 hours

Ingredients

1   1-1/2- to 2-pound boneless pork shoulder roast
1  tablespoon cooking oil
3   medium parsnips, cut into 1/2-inch pieces (2 cups)
3   medium carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces (1-1/2 cups)
1   large green pepper, cut into 1-inch wide strips
2   stalks celery, cut into 1/2-inch pieces (1 cup)
3  tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
1  6-ounce can frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
1/4  cup water
1  teaspoon instant beef bouillon granules
1/4  teaspoon pepper
1/4  teaspoon ground cinnamon

Directions:

1. Trim fat from roast. If necessary, cut roast to fit into crockery cooker. Brown roast in a large skillet on all sides in hot oil.

2. Meanwhile, in a 3-1/2-, 4-, 5-, or 6-quart electric crockery cooker place parsnips, carrots, green pepper, and celery. Sprinkle with tapioca. Add apple juice concentrate, water, beef bouillon granules, pepper, and cinnamon. Place roast atop vegetables.

3. Cover; cook on low-heat setting for 10 to 12 hours or on high-heat setting for 5 to 6 hours.

4. To serve, transfer the meat and vegetables to a serving platter. Strain cooking liquid and skim off fat. Drizzle some of the cooking liquid over the sliced meat and pass the remaining liquid. Makes 6 servings.

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post Aug 23 03, 06:53
Post #18

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Honey-Mustard Pretzel Snacks

Prep Time: 10 minutes

Ingredients

1/4  cup margarine or butter
1/4   cup honey mustard
1  teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/4  teaspoon garlic powder
Several dashes bottled hot pepper sauce
10  cups small pretzels

Directions:

1. Melt margarine or butter in a small saucepan. Remove saucepan from heat and stir in honey mustard, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, and hot pepper sauce. Place pretzels in a foil-lined 15x10x1-inch baking pan.

2. Pour mustard mixture over pretzels; toss gently to coat. Bake in a 300 degree F oven for 25 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. Spread on foil; cool. Store in an airtight container.

Makes 15 (2/3 cup) servings.

Make-Ahead Tip: Prepare, bake, and cool the pretzel snack. Store in an airtight container at room temperature up to 3 days.

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Blank_Canvas
post Aug 25 03, 12:11
Post #19

Greek

Member No.: 15

Spaghetti Fruit salad

1 cup confectioners' sugar
2 eggs
1/2 cup lemon juice
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 lb. spaghetti, broken into 2 inch pieces
1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits
3 med. tart apples, diced
1 carton (8 ounces)frozen whipped topping, thawed
1/4 cup walnuts
marashino cherries, halved

In a saucepan, combine sugar, eggs, lemon juice and salt; cook and stir over medium heat until temperature reaches 160 degrees and the mixture is thickened, about 4 minutes. Cool completely. Cook spaghettt according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Place in large bowl. Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Pour juice over the spaghetti; stir in apples. Toss gently; drain. Stir in the egg mixture and pineapple. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Fold in whipped topping just before serving. Garnish with walnuts and cherries. Yield: 12-14 servings

this goes especially well with a ham dinner....

·······IPB·······

"...We are born into the world like a blank canvas
and every person that crosses our path takes up the brush and makes their mark upon our surface.
So it is that we develop.
But we must realize there comes a day that we must take up the brush and finish the work. For only we can determine if we are to be just another painting or a masterpiece..."

1981 Javan (from the book " Meet Me Halfway" )

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post Aug 29 03, 07:02
Post #20

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

QUOTE (Nubian healer @ Aug. 25 2003, 13:11)
Spaghetti Fruit salad

1 cup confectioners' sugar
2 eggs
1/2 cup lemon juice
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 lb. spaghetti, broken into 2 inch pieces
1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits
3 med. tart apples, diced
1 carton (8 ounces)frozen whipped topping, thawed
1/4 cup walnuts
marashino cherries, halved

In a saucepan, combine sugar, eggs, lemon juice and salt; cook and stir over medium heat until temperature reaches 160 degrees and the mixture is thickened, about 4 minutes. Cool completely. Cook spaghettt according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Place in large bowl. Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Pour juice over the spaghetti; stir in apples. Toss gently; drain. Stir in the egg mixture and pineapple. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Fold in whipped topping just before serving. Garnish with walnuts and cherries. Yield: 12-14 servings

this goes especially well with a ham dinner....

Sounds delighfully yummy Marcia!  :guitar:  :piggy:  :dance:

I wouldn't have thought to use spagetti in salad, but then again, duh - pasta salad I love!  :chilly:

Thanks!
~Cleo  :pharoah2

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:10

Read our FLYERS - click below

Reference links provided to aid in fine-tuning your writings. ENJOY!

more Quotes
more Art Quotes
Dictionary.com ~ Thesaurus.com

Search:
for
Type in a word below to find its rhymes, synonyms, and more:

Word: