Post #1

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 2
Writer of: Poetry & Prose
Referred By:Imhotep

Hello all. sun.gif

Bsed on the answers to our survey question #8: [Do you find the board easy to navigate?], I've added an ALTERNATE graphical index page to all 14 skins, using plain HTML code.  It's not overly fancy and I think it needs more info in the ALT tags, but it's just a START.

Here is the link to it: http://www.mosaicmusings.net/ALTindex.htm

James {Jox} had sent me a draft of something similar a few months ago but with one difference: He had thought I could have new pages that sit behind each (category) box so when you clicked on any one of them, it would bring you to another page with another graph of the forums that sit inside that particular category. He had it laid out differently, but the idea is there.

Right now, I have just started to design that extra level of detail. DO you think adding the individual forums that sit behind each category would be helpful? I've added the six categories to the new index page and also included the most popular forums beneath them.

I'm thinking of changing it to be in more in line with James' (& Peter's) ideas to have pages expand out when you click on the category box. Currently, when you click on BOTH the category heading NAME AND the image itself, it brings you to that category's URL.

I am going to modify it so that when you click on them, it'll re-direct you to another graphical page with images for EACH forum within that category.

I'm making it sound more difficult that it is, so bear with me as I design the poetry one now....

Stary tuned and thoughts welcome!
~Cleo  Pharoah.gif

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page
Cleo_Serapis
post May 22 05, 09:27
Post #2

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

POETRY graphical index complete:

http://www.mosaicmusings.net/ALTindex2.htm

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post May 22 05, 10:19
Post #3

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

SITE INFO graphical index complete:

http://www.mosaicmusings.net/ALTindex3.htm

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post May 22 05, 10:41
Post #4

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

PROSE graphical index complete:

http://www.mosaicmusings.net/ALTindex4.htm

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Guest_Nina_*
post May 22 05, 10:50
Post #5

Thanks Lori, its looking good as is your new avatar by the way.  Very Sci-Fi.

Nina

Guest_Jox_*
post May 22 05, 11:10
Post #6

Hi,

Lori's new avatar is Lori's old avatar.

And one of the site index pictures is Fran's avatar.

Like a maypole dance of the avatars.

J.

Cleo_Serapis
post May 22 05, 11:32
Post #7

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

CHALLENGE graphical index complete:

http://www.mosaicmusings.net/ALTindex5.htm

LOL! Thanks Nina and James - yes - this was my 'original' avatar at opening of MM.... cool.gif

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post May 22 05, 12:38
Post #8

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

DISCUSSION graphical index complete:

http://www.mosaicmusings.net/ALTindex6.htm

This completes the GRAPHICAL FORUM INDEX.

Please let me know what you think...

TY!
~Cleo :)

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Guest_Zeus˛_*
post May 22 05, 13:05
Post #9

Lor,
much better, access should improve and be faster. Give it a
little time for all to adjust.

Larry

Cleo_Serapis
post May 23 05, 05:29
Post #10

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Thank you Larry!

Cleo hsdance.gif

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Guest_Perrorist_*
post May 27 05, 04:49
Post #11

I find it easier too.

Cleo_Serapis
post May 27 05, 05:46
Post #12

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Thanks Perry - I was going for simplicity.

Does it meet your needs?

Cheers!
~Cleo  :cheer:  :sun:

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:38

Read our FLYERS - click below

Reference links provided to aid in fine-tuning your writings. ENJOY!

more Quotes
more Art Quotes
Dictionary.com ~ Thesaurus.com

Search:
for
Type in a word below to find its rhymes, synonyms, and more:

Word: