post Jul 21 07, 11:26
Post #1

Assyrian

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 456
Writer of: Poetry & Prose
Referred By:N/A

Hello MM;

Your community here looks very interesting. I hope to become an active and positive part. I'll just poke around a bit now if that's ok, get the feel of the place, look for a possible niche. I'll try to be quiet and mannerly... but if one of you guys does something funny... I'm gonna laugh out loud! rollerskater.gif

·······IPB·······

Values are to integrity as spirit to spirituality ... the one is needed that the other is sustained ~ Sam

MM Award Winner

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page
JustDaniel
post Jul 21 07, 13:21
Post #2

Ornate Oracle

Member No.: 6
Writer of: Poetry
Referred By:Lori

Glad to see another jester peekin' in. Hope ta rollerskater.gif inta ya!

Lightly, Daniel sun.gif

·······IPB·······

Slow down; things will go faster!

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post Jul 21 07, 19:10
Post #3

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 2
Referred By:Imhotep

A warm welcome to MM Sam! Newbie.gif PartyFavor.gif Balloons.gif

If there's a story in how you chose your pen-name, I'd love to hear it sometime! Jester.gif

Here at MM, we offer honest, yet friendly feedback in our workshopping forums. Please do wander our halls, take in our colorful 'tiles' and join in the fun. hsdance.gif Idea.gif If you would be so kind, would you care to share a bit of your goals with us? What can we do to help? What style of writing to you fancy and what level of critique would you like to receive? Where are you located and how did you hear about our site? Ok, enuf of this questioning stuff..... magictongue.png

Each forum has its own 'forum participation rules' posted in a link at the top of the forum, i.e. Shogun's Psalms, so please read them so you'll know what guides all posters and us mods (those dang rules) as well as our 'mission statement': Click here .

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me or any of our staff (AMETHYST, Cathy, Eisa, JLY, Arnfinn and Imhotep). Read.gif

I look forward to interacting with you and welcome! rose.gif margarita.gif mm.gif mm.gif

~Lori Pharoah.gif

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

4rum
post Jul 22 07, 03:27
Post #4

Assyrian

Morning Daniel;

Thanks for the welcome. I guess you could say I do have a sense of humor (of sorts) and I'm old enough to enjoy it!!! magictongue.png

·······IPB·······

Values are to integrity as spirit to spirituality ... the one is needed that the other is sustained ~ Sam

MM Award Winner

4rum
post Jul 22 07, 03:53
Post #5

Assyrian

Morning Lori;

I'll just go over this briefly. You asked:

Here at MM, we offer honest, yet friendly feedback in our workshopping forums. Please do wander our halls, take in our colorful 'tiles' and join in the fun. If you would be so kind, would you care to share a bit of your goals with us? What can we do to help? What style of writing to you fancy and what level of critique would you like to receive? Where are you located and how did you hear about our site? Ok, enuf of this questioning stuff.....
My goals are quite simple, to enjoy writing and other writers. I don't plan to feed myself (I'd soon become the proverbial 'starving artist' I'm afraid) with my writing. I would like to share the joy it brings me and I guess what I would really like the very most is to reach even one person that's been hesitant to start writing. (I know that this is not a writing goal, but you asked ! blush.gif I would like to encourage new writers to try new things. I'm relatively new myself, never wrote anything till a couple years ago, then I couldn't NOT write anymore. Had to! No choice whatsoever. Write something or bust!!! Since then I've read a little, learned a little and enjoyed a lot of like minded folks.

As far as help, I'm just like everyone else that posts to a public forum, I need to share. Not just exhibit, share. Writing, reading, interacting, some critique naturally, and an encouraging, caring atmosphere.

Location- Appalachain Mtns., Eastern U.S. Yep, country boy, housebroken but a little 'joi la vie' left yet. Sorry, no referral, I found your site on a list of poetry site featuring submissions and mild critique.

Oh yeah, the name? 4rum, it's short and I'm lazy. Had the name earschplitinloudenboomer on another site, I didn't get many replies.

Now, one last thing (an' I've been savin' the best for last)... I see your ellipsis... not three but FIVE!!!

I LOVE ELLIPSIS !!! I get fussed at all the time about my use of ellipsis... I don't care... I'm addicted! ... Like exclamation points tooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ! ! ! rasp.gif

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Guest_Cathy_*
post Jul 22 07, 08:08
Post #6

Hi Sam!

Welcome to MM! I'm looking forward to interacting with you... and I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who likes the elipsis! LOL I use them all the time~

See you 'round...

Cathy

AMETHYST
post Jul 22 07, 09:43
Post #7

Ornate Oracle

Member No.: 10
Referred By:Lori Kanter

Welcome to Mosaic Musings Sam,

I already have enjoyed having you aboard ... you got a very much needed smiles and giggles and I thank you for that! I LOVE elipsis' also, often get told I put a few more than is required, but the more there is ... the more the emphasis of EXCLAMATION or Pause.

I like country boys ... especially when they are house broken! I think you will like it here. As with any site, we have our forum rules that are quite easy to follow ... and once someone is familiar with them, things are usually very smooth running so we all can spend our time interacting on a productive, friendly note! wink.gif

Well, already I am boring myself with the seriousness of my chitter chatter - so I will catch you on the board and hope to be reading some of your work soon.

Best Regards, Liz

·······IPB·······

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more details, click here!

MM Award Winner

4rum
post Jul 22 07, 10:04
Post #8

Assyrian

Hi Cathy;

Thanks for the welcome. It'll take a little while for me to find my way around (yeah... I'm slow), but the site is layed out well and the default 'skin' is very attractive to me (I like green). I hope to learn a little of many things as I bumble around the boards here.

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

4rum
post Jul 22 07, 10:10
Post #9

Assyrian

Dear AMETHYST;

Giggles is goooood stuff! I do have a serious side and I do occasionally try to write a serious poem or story... but don't expect too much. Sometimes my best intentions give way to ingrained weirdosity.

Siiiiiiiigh.... but anyway, thanks so much for the guidance and kind welcome. I'll try to behave briefly while I learn which cages I can get by with rattling a little.

Attn: all mods... might want to dust off that panic button magictongue.png

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Guest_Rosemerta_*
post Jul 23 07, 09:27
Post #10

Hey there Sam, sun.gif

What a cheery entrance you've made. Welcome to MM. I love those who have a sense of humor... tends to make up where I am lacking. **S**.

Sorry I am late extending a greeting but I tend to pop in varied periods of time though wish that weren't so... I end up missing so much. I'm sure you'll feel right at home here soon if you haven't nestled in already.

I look forward to reading you.
~~ Jackie

JustDaniel
post Jul 23 07, 11:26
Post #11

Ornate Oracle

Member No.: 6
Referred By:Lori

Glad to discover so much more about you, Sam (including your name!)...

and you'll find that I'm very much akin to you in your way of thinking... and I ain't been writin' long myslef, but I AM addicted to doing so... and trying new things...

and I'm sure that you see that I 'misuse' ellipsis myself... and maybe if we get enough people to join us in it, it will become the norm. I have, I think appropriately, come to use far less exclamations, attempting to allow my word choices, placement, word order, etc. do the job for me... but there must(!) be some!

Lightly, Daniel sun.gif

·······IPB·······

Slow down; things will go faster!

MM Award Winner

4rum
post Jul 24 07, 04:08
Post #12

Assyrian

Dear Rosemerta/Jackie...

Thanks so much for the warm welcome. I must tell you I'm a little intimidated by the many VERY GOOD poets I'm reading here. This seems like a wonderful place to learn from some pretty accomplished people.

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

4rum
post Jul 24 07, 04:14
Post #13

Assyrian

Morning JustDaniel;

Glad to see that you ' buck up in the traces' a little. I don't have a style, so I tend to write on an idea as it occurs to me. Since I'm a little scatterbrained I may write a humorous (hopefully) poem followed by something very serious like human suffering or societal issues. (No claims to the quality of anything, I just ramble sometimes).

I'll have to get a poem or two up soon for your help and guidance. Hope to get more time soon, it's been a very hectic summer.

Have a great day!

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Lady Poet
post Sep 24 07, 04:31
Post #14

Assyrian

Member No.: 468
Referred By:self

Greetings Friend Sam,

I'm Pami and I'm very happy to meet you in our poetry. I have loved your poems so far and look forward to reading more. Shade and sweet water to you with blessings, Pami butterfly1.gif

·······IPB·······

A relaxed attitude, and a heart of gratitude, increases life whilst joy doth exude! <:))))><

4rum
post Sep 24 07, 13:59
Post #15

Assyrian

Hi Pami;

I've just been reading some more of your work. I love your bold style, the grandiose scale and epic feel to your poetry. I do see some gaming influence, but I rather think you have taken the character studies up a notch. Great movement, color and energy in everything you do... you GO girl ! ! !

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Lady Poet
post Sep 24 07, 16:01
Post #16

Assyrian

Member No.: 468
Referred By:self

Thanks Sam! I'm a gonna go!

I enjoyed reading the welcoming committee and your replies. You are a bright breath of fresh air and I look forward to a long association with you and everyone I meet here. You are also very kind.

I've been writing since I was 12 but only seriously since my muse found me again 2 decades later. My main problem is I have no self esteem, confidence in my own abilities and the sites I have been on the last three years don't want "real reviews" they want accolades and I don't find that helpful for growth so I'm excited....yet slightly intimidated....by the talent and wealth of helpful critiques on this site. I'm contest coordinator and asst. admin on one of my site and so can't leave....but I do believe I'll drop the other site and be spending much of my time here as my health allows. I'm so happy to have met you, I feel like we're on our way to becoming friends already. It's good to have friends! PartyFavor.gif

·······IPB·······

A relaxed attitude, and a heart of gratitude, increases life whilst joy doth exude! <:))))><

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:49

Read our FLYERS - click below

Reference links provided to aid in fine-tuning your writings. ENJOY!

more Quotes
more Art Quotes
Dictionary.com ~ Thesaurus.com

Search:
for
Type in a word below to find its rhymes, synonyms, and more:

Word: