> Hellish Week
Siren
post May 20 05, 18:20
Post #1

Laureate Legionnaire

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 13
Writer of: Poetry

I'm not sure if I am allowed to whine here but I feel like I need to so here I am whining.

It's been a hellish week, riddled with worry over my grandma. She had internal bleeding and late friday night we took her to the ER and then checked her into a room at the hospital. After running countless tests, MRI's and the whole sh'bang... they couldn't know for sure the origin of that bleeding. She got blood transfusions... I have spent over 12 hours of each day of this past week in the hospital with her and my aunts.

I'd help care for my grandma while my aunts (her daughters) would go home for a shower and rest. The image of her bleeding will never leave my mind's eye for a long time to come.

We call my grandma "Anna" (it's the turkish name for grandma)... Anna is 83 years old and loves to always be presentable. Even when she was sick she'd ask me to brush her hair and dab on some perfume and dress her inher pink nightgown with a shaky smile.

Her brevity is something to feed upon, and I do not know where our family would be without her. She is the center of it all and being a mother of 9 children her life story is one you'd read about in books. She has endured life in Africa when it it was merely a jungle. married off at the age of 12 she was a doting wife of a handsome womanizer (my grandfather)  

She is a hero in my eyes. A woman I'm so proud to call Anna... my father's mom.

Thankfully the bleeding stopped on its own without a need for surgery, but in those horrible days we were weak and she was the strong one.

I am sorry for the gloomy note but I just had to share.

Dani

·······IPB·······

Happiness is a journey, not a destination.

"A good book is not read and forgotten. It lingers in the mind of the reader, reshaping thoughts, asking new questions, revisiting ancient ones."

MM Award Winner

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page
Guest__*
post May 20 05, 19:15
Post #2

Dear Dani,

Thank you for sharing.

Your Anna is indeed a strong lady, and I know you will emulate her. Remember, while she shows strength, she might just internally also be somewhat uncertain. You, on the other hand, will know your inner trembling, therefore see yourself as weak compared to her.

But you are not.

Love
Alan

PS This is a perfectly good place to share, well found.

Guest_Nina_*
post May 21 05, 00:32
Post #3

Hi Dani

Whine away all you like (not that you are whining at all). I was wondering if everything was alright as you hadn't been on here this week. I'm happy that your Grandmother is getting better.  It is good that the bleeding stopped without the need for surgery.

What Alan says is true.  I'm certain that to your Grandmother you appeared equally strong.  Your strength probably helped her cope so well, just as her strength helped you.

Her story sounds a fascinating one.  Have you ever thought of writing down her life-story?

Hugs

Nina

Guest_Toumai_*
post May 21 05, 01:12
Post #4

Dear Dani,

If we lived close by we'd be able to make you a cuppa and give you hugs - but at least you can have some online ones here. GroupHug.gif

I do hope that your Anna is okay, now, and that you can relax a little. Will she be in hospital for a while? I hope that they look after well for you.

I agree with Alan and Nina; you are strong in your love and care for her and that is what matters.

Love and hugs,

Fran

Cybele
post May 21 05, 01:26
Post #5

Ornate Oracle

Member No.: 22
Writer of: Poetry & Prose

Good morning Dani,

I was very sorry to hear about your grandma, but pleased that she had stopped bleeding. Your love for her is so obvious in the way you describe her.

Nina had a good idea which I think might help you. You seem to want to write about her and I am sure you could help to relieve your feelings by putting your memories of her life so far, into a poem or story. The act of writing will help release the stress you have been feeling.

Such a strong enduring personality as your Anna's deserves to be shared with others, and we are here if you wish to share Dani.

I shall say a prayer for her ~ and you. dove.gif

·······IPB·······

Love

Grace

http://mysite.orange.co.uk/graceingreece

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Nominate a tile for the Crown Jewels and Faery Awards today! For details, go to the Valley of the Kings!

MM Award Winner

Siren
post May 21 05, 02:35
Post #6

Laureate Legionnaire

Dear Dani,

Thank you for sharing.

Your Anna is indeed a strong lady, and I know you will emulate her. Remember, while she shows strength, she might just internally also be somewhat uncertain. You, on the other hand, will know your inner trembling, therefore see yourself as weak compared to her.

But you are not.

Love
Alan

PS This is a perfectly good place to share, well found.

Dear Alan,

I would be honored to emulate her. She is indeed a strong woman. Thank you so much for the warmth in your words and hearts towards me, without them my world would be lacking in several ways. :)

Anna admitted some fears to me when we were alone and in the next breath she joked about finding a husband. She even asked several nurses if they would lend her their husbands for the summer. :)

She is fairing very well now and I'm glad she's home at my aunt's. :)

Love
Dani

·······IPB·······

"A good book is not read and forgotten. It lingers in the mind of the reader, reshaping thoughts, asking new questions, revisiting ancient ones."

MM Award Winner

Siren
post May 21 05, 02:46
Post #7

Laureate Legionnaire

Hi Dani

Whine away all you like (not that you are whining at all). I was wondering if everything was alright as you hadn't been on here this week. I'm happy that your Grandmother is getting better.  It is good that the bleeding stopped without the need for surgery.

What Alan says is true.  I'm certain that to your Grandmother you appeared equally strong.  Your strength probably helped her cope so well, just as her strength helped you.

Her story sounds a fascinating one.  Have you ever thought of writing down her life-story?

Hugs

Nina

Dearest Nina,

To know that I have been missed is awesome, and makes this ordeal more of a blessing in revealing true freindships and value of a person and life. Thank you. :)

Anna is home now and is in good health. She is a little weak but getting stronger by the day. U know she has 37 grandchildren and 20 great grandchildren... :)

We used to spend our summers in Cannes, south of France... The whole family would meet up there, including first cousins and second cousins with their families. U can imagine what an enormous gathering it was. LOL!

I have thought of writing her life story. I'm making interviews with her and when I go to Damascus this summer she is going to show me the whole family album.  

I hope I'll be up to that task. :)

Thanks for your support sweetie. It means more than u can ever know.

Hugs and much love
Dani

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Siren
post May 21 05, 02:55
Post #8

Laureate Legionnaire

Dear Dani,

If we lived close by we'd be able to make you a cuppa and give you hugs - but at least you can have some online ones here.

I do hope that your Anna is okay, now, and that you can relax a little. Will she be in hospital for a while? I hope that they look after well for you.

I agree with Alan and Nina; you are strong in your love and care for her and that is what matters.

Love and hugs,

Fran

Sweetest Fran,

That hug is a godsend so thank you so so much for it. :) She is well and is home at my aunt's now.

My in-laws have a land by the Red Sea in which we spend every friday afternoon till early evening. We don't swim since it is an Islamic country and women aren't allowed to reveal their bodies and hair and some even their faces, so we just enjoy the sea air and the sound of the clashing waves. There, we take of our "Abayas" (long flowing black robes) and head scarves and enjoy hours of freedom under the sun.

Anna came along with us yesterday and it felt so wonderful seeing her playing a game called "Barjees" which is similar to a board game called "Ludo"... It was wonderful hearing her laugh again. :)

Sorry if I am rambling.

Hugs
Dani

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Siren
post May 21 05, 02:58
Post #9

Laureate Legionnaire

Good morning Dani,

I was very sorry to hear about your grandma, but pleased that she had stopped bleeding. Your love for her is so obvious in the way you describe her.

Nina had a good idea which I think might help you. You seem to want to write about her and I am sure you could help to relieve your feelings by putting your memories of her life so far, into a poem or story. The act of writing will help release the stress you have been feeling.

Such a strong enduring personality as your Anna's deserves to be shared with others, and we are here if you wish to share Dani.

I shall say a prayer for her ~ and you.

Dearest Grace,

Thanks so much for your prayers and sweet words. I have been thinking of writing her life story and hopefully I'll do it justice and I thank you so much for the encouragement. :)

Hugs :)
Dani

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post May 21 05, 06:27
Post #10

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 2
Writer of: Poetry & Prose
Referred By:Imhotep

Dani. sun.gif

Of COURSE you can share with us, that's why we're here.

I'm glad to hear your grandma is strong, I'm certain her strength is part of her healing. You are strong too and brave and loving and I know she is glad you are there with her.

Keep on sharing and YES, DO write if you feel motivated to - we'd all love to read your thoughts and learn more of your family.

HUGS HUGS HUGS GroupHug.gif
~Cleo
:)

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

Siren
post May 21 05, 17:59
Post #11

Laureate Legionnaire

Lori,

Thank you Honey for the kind encouragement and sweet words. You are a gem... :)

Hugs and much love,
Dani

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Guest__*
post May 21 05, 18:13
Post #12

Dear Dani,

I'm glad to hear that Anna has made such good progress.

When it comes to writing that book about her, that probably seems a huge task.

So don't ! Instead, write it in episodes or chapters, each one as a stand-alone.

Only towards to end, when your chapters have covered most of her life, consider putting them together in a sequence, and perhaps revise to juggle them all together, so you won't be overwhelmed by the enormity of the task.

Love
Alan

Guest_Jox_*
post May 22 05, 03:27
Post #13

Hi Dani,

Good wishes for Anna's recovery and for your peace.

I think Alan's advice re: that book is very good.

Take care of yourself, too.

Best wishes, James.

Siren
post May 22 05, 04:05
Post #14

Laureate Legionnaire

Dear Alan,

I think You're on the mark with that advice... I'll take it. Thank you. I know I can always count on your help through it when I get my brain cells in the right line-up to give this a heart felt get-go. :)

Hugs
Dani

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Siren
post May 22 05, 04:06
Post #15

Laureate Legionnaire

Hi Dani,

Good wishes for Anna's recovery and for your peace.

I think Alan's advice re: that book is very good.

Take care of yourself, too.

Best wishes, James.

Dear James,

Thank you for the good wishes, dear one... I am going to take Alan's advice....

Best wishes to u too.

Dani

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 17:56

Read our FLYERS - click below

Reference links provided to aid in fine-tuning your writings. ENJOY!

more Quotes
more Art Quotes
Dictionary.com ~ Thesaurus.com

Search:
for
Type in a word below to find its rhymes, synonyms, and more:

Word: