Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

IPB

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> A THANKS-GIVING Message, (from ten years ago!)
JustDaniel
post Nov 24 13, 20:35
Post #1

Ornate Oracle

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 6
Writer of: Poetry
Referred By:Lori

This is a quotation from KARNAK in the Nonet section from ten years ago, but its message is pretty current for my situation today... except I'm no longer working, but slowly recovering from a third surgery on the same knee:

QUOTE (JustDaniel @ Nov 27 03, 20:04 ) *
Well, it looks like no one is even reading in here, but I don't know where else to leave this message for everyone....

This is for y'all:

My
Thanksgiving
Pendant’s For You

\ /
\ /
\ /
O

Thanks
for your
~ attention ~
shared so freely
helping, critiquing.
I’ve been intermittent;
thus I’ve missed interaction
that is our craft’s very heart-beat.
I’ll yet make my pen dance for our fête.

oxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

© Daniel J Ricketts 27 Nov 2003
giving thanks for dear online friends

I've truly missed all of you by not being able to offer critique while I've been trying to catch up with paperwork at my job. My slow reading and limited time just have made it impossible.

Total knee replacement next Wednesday morning. Hope I'm not away too long.

Love in Light, Daniel 8-)

I find this ironically appropriate to re-post, since I've just come out of the hospital and rehab to prevent another total replacement of the same knee that was replaced TEN YEARS AGO next week. I had STAPH INFECTION in the same knee (having had a second 'revision' of the knee three years ago, replacing the bottom half of the joint, since it was moving inside the tibia), so it was carved open on the old scars and washed out with 9 liters of solution and stapled back up again. I was in rehab for six weeks receiving intravenous antibiotics every four hours for an hour. The side effect was non-existent 'blisters' I walked on with great pain on the bottom of my right foot and severe pain in the bottom of my Achilles tendon. Since I had a sudden spike in my liver enzymes, I could not take my arthritis medicine until last week. The previous replacement procedures had me up walking 'normally' in about six weeks. I'm only now able to walk a couple dozen yards without my walker. There is still pain in my right foot, but it is much lessened, and the swelling in my knee almost disappeared once I was able to start taking my Arthrotec last week.

I'm THANKFUL !!!

... and I do hope to be able to start offering critique again, now that I can sit comfortably enough to use the computer again!

delighting to share, Daniel sun.gif

·······IPB·······

Slow down; things will go faster!

MM Award Winner

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page
Cleo_Serapis
post Nov 26 13, 17:31
Post #2

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 2
Writer of: Poetry & Prose
Referred By:Imhotep

Hi Daniel, wave.gif

How funny this is the same time period ten years later (when we were just up and coming online). turkey.gif

I wish you continued successes with your recovery and look forward to interacting with you here.

Happy Thanksgiving indeed! We've much to be thankful for.

Cheers,
~Lori galadriel.gif

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:33

Read our FLYERS - click below

Reference links provided to aid in fine-tuning your writings. ENJOY!

more Quotes
more Art Quotes
Dictionary.com ~ Thesaurus.com

Search:
for
Type in a word below to find its rhymes, synonyms, and more:

Word: