Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

IPB

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Nine More Days
Guest_ohsteve_*
post Aug 21 11, 18:34
Post #1

Then you'll see the banner that Lori posts for my birthday, Just thought I would remind every one to this year please just send money orders or bank checks, personal checks are so hard to get cashed anymore. I have no way to accept credit or debit cards except through PayPal if you wish to go that route. I really need to get about eleven thousand this year as I need to get my house resided and that is about the going cost. I have all the worldly stuff I can use for a good long time. And that good friends surely wouldn't let me down in these terrible economic times, especially with me on disability. I am barely able to keep up with all the latest in blu-ray movies and paper for my new printer cost money, I mean how will I be able to collate my poetry and pictures into a new book I wish to get on sale by early next year. Of Course I can't stand for long periods so I can't cook and have to go out and eat at all these expensive restaurants, how am I gonna pay for that? Any way too soon another year will have passed for me and those of you that know me well will realize that most of this is tongue deeply in cheek, but I had to do those little voices that only speak to me... they told me to do it. Bye you all, have a great end of summer and a great start to autumn.

Take Care
Steve

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page
Psyche
post Aug 21 11, 20:54
Post #2

Ornate Oracle
Group Icon

Group: Praetorian
Member No.: 78
Writer of: Poetry & Prose
Referred By:David Ting

OhSteve! You caught me with this one! I was carefully preparing my excuses, quite truthful ones, when I realized you were kidding us...LOL....

I have to re-do the flooring of my entire apartment, do you think I should ask for contributions when my birthday comes along?! Hmmm....

I know you're not doing too well healthwise, Steve, but you've not lost your sense of humor!

Do take care,

much love, Syl***

·······IPB·······

Mis temas favoritos

The Lord replied, my precious, precious child, I love you and I would never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you.

"There is no life higher than the grasstops
Or the hearts of sheep, and the wind
Pours by like destiny, bending
Everything in one direction."

Sylvia Plath, Crossing the Water, Wuthering Heights.

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

MM Award Winner

Guest_ohsteve_*
post Aug 24 11, 18:32
Post #3

Sylvia, seems you are the only one that read and caught on to my subterfuge. I am still about the same level I was over a year ago it just seems like things hurt more, I had the head nurse from hospice in today doing her monthly eval. She told me that I was probably getting used to the hydromorphone and might need a change over to something else that would only last until my body became used to it then I would have to change back. It is pretty bad when the medicine you take for pain doesn't want to help anymore... I am not sure any more from day to day which part of me is going to hurt the most, I guess it depends on the weather a lot, especially the arthritis, I have a hard time uncurling my fingers enough to hit the right keys. and the nurse said I have it so much in my back and my chest that that is why I feel like someone is squeezing me. My bedroom floor is about half done now the friend I have doing got strep throat and I told him not to come back until he was completely over it, I don't need to catch anything like that, it would probably kill me.

I hope you are still doing well
Take care
Steve

Cleo_Serapis
post Sep 11 11, 15:26
Post #4

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 2
Writer of: Poetry & Prose
Referred By:Imhotep

Sorry Steve! Oo.gif Oo.gif

I didn't remember to call back in here to wish you a very happy birthday! dunce.gif

I hope you had a very good day, both health and happiness wise.

HUGS kiss.gif
Lori GroupHug.gif

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

AMETHYST
post Sep 12 11, 03:20
Post #5

Ornate Oracle

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 10
Writer of: Poetry
Referred By:Lori Kanter

Happy Birthday Steve - Although belated. I also hope you had a most amazing birthday celebration - Looking at your requests, would that 'bank checks' or perhaps more fittingly, 'blank checks' might help! HAHAHA ... That was a very enjoyable post.

Blessings, Liz

·······IPB·······

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more details, click here!

MM Award Winner

Guest_ohsteve_*
post Sep 15 11, 12:13
Post #6

Lori and Liz thanks for reading and the replys to my little tongue in cheek effort...it was not the greatest birthday I ever had but it was ok, no chocolate cake or ice cream, no dancing girls, no total relief of pain, ah well... LOL. My blood sugar has gone down dramatically I am now registering below 200 most of the time...YEA!! me.

Take care
Steve

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 00:43

Read our FLYERS - click below

Reference links provided to aid in fine-tuning your writings. ENJOY!

more Quotes
more Art Quotes
Dictionary.com ~ Thesaurus.com

Search:
for
Type in a word below to find its rhymes, synonyms, and more:

Word: