wisp
right
brother
write (or wrote)
dream
sparkle
sapphire
thank

The festivities for the last of the sheep's wool shearing were in full swing. Odd wisps of wool were swept away by the Autumn breeze. Right then, my brother wrote a letter home, describing a dream he'd had about sparkling sapphires. He told us that he then bought his girlfriend a sapphire ring for their engagement party. She was delighted, far more than thankful.
We had a double celebration, although my brother and his girl were far away in Britain.

·······IPB·······

Mis temas favoritos

The Lord replied, my precious, precious child, I love you and I would never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you.

"There is no life higher than the grasstops
Or the hearts of sheep, and the wind
Pours by like destiny, bending
Everything in one direction."

Sylvia Plath, Crossing the Water, Wuthering Heights.

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

MM Award Winner

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page
Psyche
post Feb 28 20, 08:38
Post #2

Ornate Oracle
Group Icon

Group: Praetorian
Member No.: 78
Writer of: Poetry & Prose
Referred By:David Ting

I hope somebody, such as Merlin, Rhymer, Daniel, etc., take up this old challenge. It's fun.
Sylvia

·······IPB·······

Mis temas favoritos

The Lord replied, my precious, precious child, I love you and I would never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you.

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

MM Award Winner

JustDaniel
post Mar 1 20, 00:34
Post #3

Ornate Oracle

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 6
Writer of: Poetry
Referred By:Lori

Sapphire Story

Thankfully, her brother's dream was not something I'd write about. Sapphires are about as festive as a wisp of wool sparkling in the night.

Words used:

thank
brother
dream
write
sapphire
festive
wisp
wool
sparkle
night

·······IPB·······

Slow down; things will go faster!

MM Award Winner

Psyche
post Mar 2 20, 18:18
Post #4

Ornate Oracle
Group Icon

Memory

photos
seaside
green
rascal
sandwiches
motorcycle
Uruguay
hankerchief
mountain
sister

Looking at old photos, I remembered that rascal on a motorcyle roaring along Uruguayan seasides, while all the time my sister was climbing a green mountain, dropping her hankerchief while eating sandwiches. What weird memories!

·······IPB·······

Mis temas favoritos

MM Award Winner

JustDaniel
post Mar 3 20, 11:24
Post #5

Ornate Oracle

Memory

I have fond recollections of the story my rascal sister shared with me of her recent trip from Brazil. She simply wrapped some sandwiches in her handkerchief and hopped on her boyfriend's motorcycle in the mountains of Morro da Igreja and headed through all the wonderful greenery on her journey to the Uruguay seaside, texting me lovely photos all along the way.

rascal
sister
sandwiches
handkerchief
motorcycle
mountain
green
Uruguay
seaside
photos

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Psyche
post Mar 3 20, 13:35
Post #6

Ornate Oracle
Group Icon

Wonderful, Eric. You used the same 10 words that I proposed. I seem to remember that Lori suggested we change maybe 2 or 3 each time, otherwise it would not progress.
So, when I return, I'll change 3 or 4, what do you think?
You sure make me sweat with some of the words in the other challenges! I sometimes wonder whether they even exist. Never mind, it's fun and we'll have smart brains...lol.
Sylvia butterfly.gif JackBox.gif

·······IPB·······

Mis temas favoritos

MM Award Winner

JustDaniel
post Mar 3 20, 13:50
Post #7

Ornate Oracle

I've had to look up a few of the words... but of course I'm not ERIC! I'm Daniel! … and I'm still wondering who in the world ERIC IS!!! Can't you tell me?

If you want me to change a few words, that's fine. I thought you wanted me to use the same 10.

I'll do whatever you directions say. deLightingly, Daniel rollerskater.gif

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Psyche
post Mar 3 20, 14:45
Post #8

Ornate Oracle
Group Icon

QUOTE (JustDaniel @ Mar 3 20, 15:50 ) *
I've had to look up a few of the words... but of course I'm not ERIC! I'm Daniel! … and I'm still wondering who in the world ERIC IS!!! Can't you tell me?

If you want me to change a few words, that's fine. I thought you wanted me to use the same 10.

I'll do whatever you directions say. deLightingly, Daniel rollerskater.gif

Hi Daniel, sorry that you don't know thyself, that's bad according to psychologists.
How about some therapy?

We can change 4 words each time, that way it will progress satisfactorily.
Happy writings! goodjob.gif

·······IPB·······

Mis temas favoritos

MM Award Winner

JustDaniel
post Mar 4 20, 05:09
Post #9

Ornate Oracle

drive
rascal
sister
mountain
sandwiches
picnic
green
flowers
photos
ice cream

As we drove down the road from my old friend Mount Rainier during my last visit to the West Coast, I reflected on the many trips our family had made in our old sedan with one of us kids in the front seat with Mom and Dad, four of us sharing the back seat, one of us stretched out on the floor between the feet of the others and our rascal little sister lying on the shelf behind the back seat. We'd often stopped at Sunshine Point just inside the National Park to start out our day on the mountain, playing in a side stream of the wide river there and eating sandwiches that Mom prepared for us at one of the picnic tables. Then we'd head up the road to Longmire to walk in the fields of warm, bubbling mineral springs. Finally, we'd drive further to the end of the road, Paradise, where we'd walk the trails through the lovely green meadows spread with an array of wild flowers, and Dad would find a clearing where he'd take photos of us seven kids, lined up in order by our ages for posterity. We'd leave the trails and retreat to the Paradise Lodge just before sunset, then head back down the road with Dad eventually pretending that we were out of gas, coasting for several miles to the little gas station and store where he'd fill the gas tank and buy us each an ice cream cone to end the day before we all fell asleep in the car on the 50-mile trip home to our beds.

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Psyche
post Mar 6 20, 11:23
Post #10

Ornate Oracle
Group Icon

QUOTE (JustDaniel @ Mar 4 20, 07:09 ) *
drive
rascal
sister
mountain
sandwiches
picnic
green
flowers
photos
ice cream

As we drove down the road from my old friend Mount Rainier during my last visit to the West Coast, I reflected on the many trips our family had made in our old sedan with one of us kids in the front seat with Mom and Dad, four of us sharing the back seat, one of us stretched out on the floor between the feet of the others and our rascal little sister lying on the shelf behind the back seat. We'd often stopped at Sunshine Point just inside the National Park to start out our day on the mountain, playing in a side stream of the wide river there and eating sandwiches that Mom prepared for us at one of the picnic tables. Then we'd head up the road to Longmire to walk in the fields of warm, bubbling mineral springs. Finally, we'd drive further to the end of the road, Paradise, where we'd walk the trails through the lovely green meadows spread with an array of wild flowers, and Dad would find a clearing where he'd take photos of us seven kids, lined up in order by our ages for posterity. We'd leave the trails and retreat to the Paradise Lodge just before sunset, then head back down the road with Dad eventually pretending that we were out of gas, coasting for several miles to the little gas station and store where he'd fill the gas tank and buy us each an ice cream cone to end the day before we all fell asleep in the car on the 50-mile trip home to our beds.

Great story about your childhood. I wish I'd had a bigger family, I have one brother. My Dad also took photos of my Mom, myself and my brother Robin when we went on car trips to other Patagonian regions. It was tough then, no paved highways. Wow, those ice cream cones! So sugary, I never take white sugar anymore. We kids would fall asleep in the back of the small truck my Dad used, where he put a mattress for us to lie down. Lots of dust back there.
It's nice to write about the things we used to do so long ago. Makes me a little sad, that paradise is now so far away. I'll see what story I can come up with after your lovely tale of family and childhood.

·······IPB·······

Mis temas favoritos

MM Award Winner

JustDaniel
post Mar 6 20, 19:30
Post #11

Ornate Oracle

Thank you, my good friend! I'm looking forward to reading your next story!

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Psyche
post Mar 10 20, 14:52
Post #12

Ornate Oracle
Group Icon

QUOTE (JustDaniel @ Mar 6 20, 21:30 ) *
Thank you, my good friend! I'm looking forward to reading your next story!

Dear me, I forgot about these stories. Now I'm going out, it's a lovely day.
Maybe I'll get inspired in the evening.

·······IPB·······

Mis temas favoritos

MM Award Winner

JustDaniel
post Mar 10 20, 23:59
Post #13

Ornate Oracle

… and here I saved it to the end, hoping to get inspired by YOUR story! LOL

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Psyche
post Mar 11 20, 13:37
Post #14

Ornate Oracle
Group Icon

QUOTE (JustDaniel @ Mar 11 20, 01:59 ) *
… and here I saved it to the end, hoping to get inspired by YOUR story! LOL

Here I am again, just about to enjoy the lovely day. Going walking with a friend, will do some stocking up for horrible virus. We've already got about 10 cases in Argentina, one in our province. He came from Italy, all trips are on hold. We may not even fly to Buenos Aires, let alone Spain and Britain.
Hope to write my story soon. butterfly.gif rollerskater.gif

·······IPB·······

Mis temas favoritos

MM Award Winner

JustDaniel
post Mar 12 20, 03:02
Post #15

Ornate Oracle

Please take a walk in your green mountains, taking sandwiches in your handkerchief, sister. Perhaps you can get to the seaside to sit down and write at least a brief story and take a few photos. For now stay in Argentina, take precautions by washing your hands regularly and avoid touching MEN (mouth, eyes, nose) with your hands.

green
mountain
sandwiches
handkerchief
sister
seaside
brief
photos
Argentina
washing

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Psyche
post Mar 16 20, 17:55
Post #16

Ornate Oracle
Group Icon

green
mountain
washing
seaside
sandwiches
sister
brief
photos
handkerchief
weeping

I climbed down the green mountain to the seaside. There I met my sister weeping into her handkerchief. I offered her sandwiches, which she ate glumly. After some heart warming, brief conversation, we decided to take some photos of the lovely scenery. I even washed her handkerchief in a nearby brook.

green
mountain
washing
seaside
sandwiches
sister
brief
photos
handkerchief
weeping

Brevity is the...er...forgotten. Ya know...lol.

·······IPB·······

Mis temas favoritos

MM Award Winner

JustDaniel
post Mar 17 20, 03:48
Post #17

Ornate Oracle

Being brief and changing three words, here is my response to your lovely story:

Washing handkerchiefs in mountain streams will not likely remove viruses, since there's no soap or alcohol in it, and it's so cold. Sometimes it even has some green slime in it! You certainly would not want any of that to be on your hands when you're eating sandwiches, would you? It would be better simply to place the handkerchief in a plastic bag and wash it when you get home, and you and your sister would not end up being quarantined when you arrive. Photos of that experience would not likely produce nostalgia in years to come. Memories would better be exhibited of more pleasant experiences methinks.

washing
handkerchief
mountain
green
sandwiches
sister
quarantine
photos
nostalgia
memories

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Psyche
post Mar 17 20, 08:11
Post #18

Ornate Oracle
Group Icon

QUOTE (JustDaniel @ Mar 17 20, 05:48 ) *
Being brief and changing three words, here is my response to your lovely story:

Washing handkerchiefs in mountain streams will not likely remove viruses, since there's no soap or alcohol in it, and it's so cold. Sometimes it even has some green slime in it! You certainly would not want any of that to be on your hands when you're eating sandwiches, would you? It would be better simply to place the handkerchief in a plastic bag and wash it when you get home, and you and your sister would not end up being quarantined when you arrive. Photos of that experience would not likely produce nostalgia in years to come. Memories would better be exhibited of more pleasant experiences methinks.

washing
handkerchief
mountain
green
sandwiches
sister
quarantine
photos
nostalgia
memories

You make me laugh, good story. I keep asking people whether they have the wonderful French invention, the bidet. So you wash your butt and use a special towel laid out for the purpose.
There's also a gadget with a spray that is attached to the rim of your toilet (not the seat) that a plumber can join to the pipe. But then it's cold, so better use bidet that has cold and hot to mix.
We have them in all bathrooms in Argentina. That way you don't have to stock up with toilet paper and also help our planet.
I'll be back soon.

·······IPB·······

Mis temas favoritos

MM Award Winner

JustDaniel
post Mar 17 20, 15:41
Post #19

Ornate Oracle

Here's a list of 10 words from your response (which I'll use in my own story):

planet
French
laugh
towel
bathroom
mix
spray
stock
seat
purpose

Some people on the other side of the planet speak French, but I can only understand them when they laugh. and even then only if I'm wearing a towel when they knock on my door because I'd just gotten out of the shower and was going to the bathroom. The porter wants to mix it up with me in conversation, but if he doesn't leave soon I'm likely to spray him... and when I ask him to leave and he stalks off, I end up getting him on the seat. Was that on purpose?

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Psyche
post Mar 18 20, 16:43
Post #20

Ornate Oracle
Group Icon

I've decided to change 6 words, Daniel. More fun. Your input is so funny, no idea whether you put the guy on the seat on purpose! lol. claps.gif goodjob.gif

planet
purpose
pollution
wildlife
gel
mix
glicerine
laugh
clown
hat

Greta Thurnberg, Extinction Rebellion and many other fighters for planet Earth are purposely fighting for all wildlife. Humankind has polluted the seas, skies, lakes, rivers...well, everything.
However, many idiots behave like clowns with top hats, laughing as if nothing is happening.
People who can find glicerine make a mix of it with alcohol, adding some essential oils to protect delicate skin.

·······IPB·······

Mis temas favoritos

MM Award Winner

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

18 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:21

Read our FLYERS - click below

Reference links provided to aid in fine-tuning your writings. ENJOY!

more Quotes
more Art Quotes
Dictionary.com ~ Thesaurus.com

Search:
for
Type in a word below to find its rhymes, synonyms, and more:

Word: