post Oct 21 05, 21:27
Post #41

Ornate Oracle

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 10
Writer of: Poetry
Referred By:Lori Kanter

Hey Lori,

Good suggestion! I will either go with that or cry. Let me know from below which is most benefical to the poem.

I understand the original params were aab bb ccc but I originally did aaa bb ccc and you said it could be an alternative in the params. Either way, your suggestion actually leads the wording toward a more important tensity in meaning than what I have already. I am still going lto do further revisions on these. I would like to include some of these in the chapbook.  :dance:

Homeward Bound

What keeps me
here is security,
I'm still so unsure...I wonder why;

The sacrifice of bills now paid has been too high,
my fam'ly, friends and familiar ways-long gone by

so if one day I am not around
just know that I'll be found
homeward bound.

or

Homeward Bound

What keeps me
here is security
but fear still has a hold on me...Why?

homeward bound.

·······IPB·······

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more details, click here!

MM Award Winner

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page
AMETHYST
post Oct 21 05, 21:53
Post #42

Ornate Oracle

QUOTE (Cleo_Serapis @ Oct. 18 2005, 17:56)
QUOTE (AMETHYST @ Oct. 11 2005, 21:37)

A Blank Slate

Starting out
a new; no ounce of doubt
to shadow these silent silhouettes

of yesterday. They dance about in pirouettes
across my mind, reminding me of those regrets

I've left behind; I'll not contemplate
slow steps to recreate
a blank slate.

A PUUUURRFFFECT Piece Liz!  :pharoah2

Well done - and I like a blank slate - always makes me feel I can conquer anything....

HUGS
~Cleo  odie.gif

Thank You Lori,

This is one of my most favorite, if not THE most favorite forms. I enjoy the possibilities it offers for the rhymes, and idea it gives me as I contemplate the form and the variations in the line lengths help to adjust a strong tone of voice.

Hugs, Liz

·······IPB·······

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more details, click here!

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post Oct 22 05, 08:07
Post #43

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 2
Writer of: Poetry & Prose
Referred By:Imhotep

Hi Liz.

I think I like this version a tad more of your two:

Homeward Bound

What keeps me
here is security
but fear still has a hold on me...Why?

homeward bound.

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post Oct 22 05, 08:08
Post #44

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

You could also say:

What keeps me
here is security,

I'm still uncertain...I wonder why;
OR
I still hesitate...I wonder why;

homeward bound.

:pharoah2

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

AMETHYST
post Oct 22 05, 16:19
Post #45

Ornate Oracle

Hey Lori, I rather like this one most too. With perhaps a tiny tweak that helps L1 and L2 to make more sense or connect better with what L3 is bringing to light for the reader.
Perhaps:

I'm still uncertain...I wonder why;

Homeward Bound

What keeps me
here...is security
I'm so uncertain; I wonder why?

so come the day I am not around
rest assure--I'll be found
homeward bound.

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post Oct 22 05, 17:10
Post #46

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Yes - I lovie.gif this latest one Liz.

Well done! bowdown.gif

~Cleo claps.gif

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

AMETHYST
post Oct 22 05, 21:20
Post #47

Ornate Oracle

Thanks Lori.

:sun:  You brighten my day (ok and my nights being it is 10 pm....) LOL

Big Hugs, Liz ... (Do you think this will fit into the chapbook theme I spoke of?)

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post Oct 23 05, 06:38
Post #48

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Hi Liz.  :sun:

Thanks so much! It's now the a.m. for me (7:36).  :upside:  :oops:  :laugh:

Oh YES, this is a perfect one to go with your theme in mind for the chapbook! I am writing a response to you now....

One more thought on that revised line:

I'm so uncertain; I wonder why?

If you didn't want that pause, you might also say:

I'm so uncertain and wonder why?

Tee hee - just another option for you.  :detective:

TTYL
Lori  :pharoah2

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

AMETHYST
post Oct 25 05, 17:41
Post #49

Ornate Oracle

Hurricane

'Swoooshing' sounds
surround us; rain pelts-pounds.
The window pane buckles; bends to break.

This monster lurks beyond the blackness, just to make  
a mark upon subconscious minds, to steal...create

an aweful sense of dread and doom...shame
begins to loom-a name
hurricane.

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post Oct 25 05, 19:42
Post #50

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Your Hurricane 3x8 sings.gif Liz!

You have such a knack for these! hsdance.gif magicwand.gif

YES, we even felt some of her wrath today - I had a very trecherous drive into work this morning - the winds nearly swept me to the door at work as I exited my car! Oo.gif

This monster lurks beyond the blackness

Excellent description Liz! I could FEEL the tension in each word ~ nice alliteration too!  :sprite:

~Cleo claps.gif

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

AMETHYST
post Oct 30 05, 09:50
Post #51

Ornate Oracle

THank you Lori,

It is a wonderful form of poetry! Perhaps one day our grandchildren will be reading in their english books on the Trois-par-Huit Form and about its creator. wink.gif

I love this form... Wilma really did her share of devastation. It has been overwhelming. Although I am grateful that there weren't too many deaths, During the hurricane, our 911 calls were heartbreaking. It is so hard to hear someone petrified, sick or injured and not be able to get them help--however it is a great feeling to know that we are their only source of help, comfort or direction on getting safe assistance during a very horrifying experience.

Here's another 3x8 ... wink.gif

No one's home

Whirling Gales,
debris sets sale-it flails
across a blackened night..what a fright-

but Heaven hovers over keeping us in sight,
through the eye of the storm, we see a future bright.

An elderly couple sits alone-
his wife has passed-don't phone
no one's home.

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

AMETHYST
post Nov 5 05, 23:30
Post #52

Ornate Oracle

The silence
is more a consequence
of what has been sacrificed for gain,

too high to decipher the pleasure from the pain
and all too often it's regret that we maintain.

We traded what's dear to us; for play
and then we gave away
time to pray.

The silence
is more a consequence
of what we've lost for material gain,

so high; we can't decipher pleasure from the pain
and all too often it's regret that we maintain.

We traded what's dear to us; we pray
for growth then give away
our today.

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post Nov 7 05, 06:28
Post #53

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

These are such poignant pieces Liz.

goodjob.gif

Each has its own distinct message - in such few words.

BRAVO!
~Cleo princess.gif

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post Nov 13 05, 14:52
Post #54

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

OK Rellie...   xmas.gif

I've just written another one today - hope you like!  blueorn.gif

Traditions

Marketplace

adorned in powdered lace

windows welcome wide-eyed young and old

to join the warmth, partake of season’s festive hold

where small town merriment and heritage unfold

melodic spirited renditions

Winter’s compositions

Traditions

© Lorraine M Kanter 13 Nov 2005

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

AMETHYST
post Nov 13 05, 15:08
Post #55

Ornate Oracle

Hey Lori,

Absolutely divine! The message is something that touched my heart deep inside, because I have been going through battle with myself of reaching back torwards family/home and traditions and your poem reminded me of how important and warming those things really are.

One suggestion. In L5; perhaps-

The reasons for my suggestion is that your title and final line are traditions and it would help to omit that near repeat, as well as allow the line to flow in one smooth motion for the meaning.

Well... A wonderful choice form for the message and a great big hug for the skill!

Hugs, Liz

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

AMETHYST
post Nov 13 05, 15:12
Post #56

Ornate Oracle

These 3 final lines could be a poem within themselves... wink.gif

melodic spirited renditions

Winter’s compositions

Traditions

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post Nov 13 05, 15:28
Post #57

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

QUOTE (AMETHYST @ Nov. 13 2005, 15:08)
Hey Lori,

Absolutely divine! The message is something that touched my heart deep inside, because I have been going through battle with myself of reaching back torwards family/home and traditions and your poem reminded me of how important and warming those things really are.

One suggestion. In L5; perhaps-

The reasons for my suggestion is that your title and final line are traditions and it would help to omit that near repeat, as well as allow the line to flow in one smooth motion for the meaning.

Well... A wonderful choice form for the message and a great big hug for the skill!

Hugs, Liz

I'm glad I could bring some festivity into your heart today Liz.  blueorn.gif

Thanks ever so much! I've changed that line per your suggestion - I didn't even realize I had repeated the title word and that is a no-no really for this form.   referee.gif

I posted this one for crit as well and made the change there too thanks to you and your observant ways.  shepherd.gif

Thanks so much Liz and kiss.gif

~Cleo  grinch.gif

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

AMETHYST
post Nov 20 05, 16:24
Post #58

Ornate Oracle

A new Day

I believe;
that stars are quite naive
and the moon secretively espies

us from above; pale gray clouds against ebon skies
hide angels as they gather to decide who flies~

in dreams; we live long, love deep and pray
fam'ly unites to stay-
a new day!

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post Nov 20 05, 16:35
Post #59

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Breathtakingly beautious Liz! cloud9.gif

This is so lovely and this part:

pale gray clouds against ebon skies

in dreams;  

Superb! lovie.gif

~Cleo :pharoah2

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

AMETHYST
post Nov 20 05, 18:27
Post #60

Ornate Oracle

QUOTE (Cleo_Serapis @ Nov. 20 2005, 16:35)
Breathtakingly beautious Liz! cloud9.gif

This is so lovely and this part:

pale gray clouds against ebon skies

in dreams;  

Superb! lovie.gif

~Cleo :pharoah2

Thank you Lori,

The form brings out the most inspired thougths. It has been so long since I've sat down at the computer, or with a pen and pad and wrote something that has had any substance. These forms of yours bring out that inspiration, with substance and depth. I enjoy reading them and writing them.

This will be an included poem in "Out of the Dark" ... What do ya think? ... wink.gif

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:23

Read our FLYERS - click below

Reference links provided to aid in fine-tuning your writings. ENJOY!

more Quotes
more Art Quotes
Dictionary.com ~ Thesaurus.com

Search:
for
Type in a word below to find its rhymes, synonyms, and more:

Word: