Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

IPB
> Issues with Internet Explorer, the 'Edit' Button and skin views, Can you use Chrome or Firefox?
Cleo_Serapis
post Nov 22 15, 15:18
Post #1

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 2
Writer of: Poetry & Prose
Referred By:Imhotep

Hi all,

We are working on discovering why certain members are having issues using the 'Edit' button on their topics/posts. Peter (Imhotep) has done some preliminary research and is asking us to confirm this please (which I can on my side -- I have internet Explorer 11) but I only use Google Chrome and Firefox as my 2 browsers of choice and am NOT experiencing these issues. I was never much a fan of Internet Explorer, lol!

It appears that when using IE, and you click on the 'Edit' button at the bottom of your topic or post box, you are not seeing the 'Full edit' and 'quick edit' options that should show up. Instead, you get the full edit text box - without the word wrap automatically justifying.

Can you please reply and let me know here which browser you are using and please try Chrome or Firefox and let me know what happens? Also, which SKIN are you using as well? That might matter too as the HTML varies from skin to skin.

Thank you!
~Cleo

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page

Start new topic
Replies
Imhotep
post Nov 26 15, 17:08
Post #2

Invisible Hand
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 14
Writer of: Newbie to Writing
Referred By:Lori

Hi,

OK, I went the other direction and have HTTPS enabled the site (this is good, it adds encryption between the server and you so passwords and things can't be seen and intercepted in transit).

Still working on word-wrap with Internet Explorer...

·······IPB·······

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more details, click here!

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page

Posts in this topic
- Cleo_Serapis   Issues with Internet Explorer, the 'Edit' Button and skin views   Nov 22 15, 15:18
- - Cleo_Serapis   Hmm. What is going on with Internet Explorer? It s...   Nov 22 15, 19:20
|- - Eisa   QUOTE (Cleo_Serapis @ Nov 23 15, 00:20 ) ...   Nov 23 15, 13:26
- - Imhotep   Hi, Strange; Firefox, Chrome and Safari look OK t...   Nov 23 15, 14:28
|- - Eisa   QUOTE (Imhotep @ Nov 23 15, 19:28 ) Hi, ...   Nov 23 15, 16:58
|- - Cleo_Serapis   Hi Snow and Peter, I think I know what Snow is re...   Nov 24 15, 09:09
- - Psyche   Hi Peter, Lori, Eisa, Lori, I already answered t...   Nov 23 15, 15:29
- - Imhotep   OK, that's actually quite interesting. Does yo...   Nov 24 15, 07:05
|- - Eisa   QUOTE (Imhotep @ Nov 24 15, 12:05 ) OK, t...   Nov 24 15, 13:53
- - Cleo_Serapis   Peter, I think its your security certificate. I am...   Nov 24 15, 09:48
- - Imhotep   Yeah I was wondering since we're not supposed ...   Nov 24 15, 09:59
- - Cleo_Serapis   OK - working on the 'white page' issue in ...   Nov 24 15, 11:45
- - Imhotep   Hm, OK, so another tick mark in the "somehow ...   Nov 24 15, 14:03
- - Cleo_Serapis   I updated the member groups so that everyone at MM...   Nov 24 15, 14:13
- - Cleo_Serapis   Peter - when I use the original MOSAIC skin in the...   Nov 24 15, 14:18
|- - Rhymer   QUOTE (Cleo_Serapis @ Nov 24 15, 14:18 ) ...   Nov 25 15, 06:40
- - Eisa   I am using Lavedar & that is ok. Snow   Nov 24 15, 15:37
- - Cleo_Serapis   Ok Peter - I sent you screenshots of the Easter Ma...   Nov 24 15, 18:38
- - Imhotep   Hi! I just updated the test forum with a real...   Nov 25 15, 09:26
- - Imhotep   Hi all, So worked with Lori for a bit and I thin...   Nov 26 15, 15:58
- - Eisa   Still having problems with all 3 browsers - I...   Nov 26 15, 16:22
- - Cleo_Serapis   Note: you may have to clear your cookies and cache...   Nov 26 15, 17:13
- - RC James   I'm using Chrome and am having the problem of ...   Nov 26 15, 17:46
- - Imhotep   Hmm that's really strange... I've not seen...   Nov 26 15, 18:39
- - Larry   Hi Peter and Lori, As of today, when coming to MM...   Nov 27 15, 11:37
- - Cleo_Serapis   Hi Peter, I cannot recall... what is required to ...   Nov 27 15, 15:31
- - Imhotep   Hi, It's a warning that in this specific case...   Nov 27 15, 16:34
- - Cleo_Serapis   Hi all, I have been working on the board header/f...   Nov 29 15, 19:17
- - Cleo_Serapis   Good evening, FYI - I just finished re-coding AL...   Nov 30 15, 19:00
- - Imhotep   Hi all, I've also made a tweak to the databas...   Dec 3 15, 15:47
- - Cleo_Serapis   RE: Issues with Internet Explorer, the 'Edit' Button and skin views   Dec 3 15, 17:10

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 05:49

Read our FLYERS - click below

Reference links provided to aid in fine-tuning your writings. ENJOY!

more Quotes
more Art Quotes
Dictionary.com ~ Thesaurus.com

Search:
for
Type in a word below to find its rhymes, synonyms, and more:

Word: