> New Member
Viking
post Dec 1 15, 20:44
Post #1

Nomad

Group: Silver Member
Member No.: 5,295
Writer of: Poetry

My name is Dave (Viking) and I am a new member. I used to post on the old Poem Kingdom site, way too many years ago. I was very happy to see that Poppy, Lori and several others from the old site are on her. Look forward to reading some great poetry.

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page
Psyche
post Dec 2 15, 01:31
Post #2

Ornate Oracle
Group Icon

Group: Praetorian
Member No.: 78
Writer of: Poetry & Prose
Referred By:David Ting

Welcome, Viking David, to MM!! So glad you already know some members, that helps one feel at home. butterfly.gif

I'm looking forward to reading your poetry or fiction. I've been here since 2004, only dropped into other websites for short periods... to spy what's going on out there! highfive.gif

I struggle a lot with R&R. There are some good poets to teach one. These are workshop forums, so you can expect to get comments or crits, to take or toss, as we say here.

Below there's a showplace for polished poems, if you don't wish to be critiqued. running.gif

Have a good time wandering the halls of this ancient palace! JackBox.gif

Psyche a.k.a. Sylvia or Syl***

·······IPB·······

Mis temas favoritos

The Lord replied, my precious, precious child, I love you and I would never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you.

"There is no life higher than the grasstops
Or the hearts of sheep, and the wind
Pours by like destiny, bending
Everything in one direction."

Sylvia Plath, Crossing the Water, Wuthering Heights.

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

MM Award Winner

Eisa
post Dec 2 15, 09:08
Post #3

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Group: Praetorian
Member No.: 12
Referred By:Lori

QUOTE (Viking @ Dec 2 15, 01:44 ) *
My name is Dave (Viking) and I am a new member. I used to post on the old Poem Kingdom site, way too many years ago. I was very happy to see that Poppy, Lori and several others from the old site are on her. Look forward to reading some great poetry.

Hi Dave - I remember 'Viking' from Poem Kingdom. I was 'Capricorn'. Wow! what a long time ago - good times!
I don't know how you found your way here, but I'm very pleased you've come to join us. Looking forward to reading your poems.

Eira

·······IPB·······

Live one day at a time -it's simpler that way.
Laugh loud & often - it's medicinal.
Write from the heart - it's therapeutic.
Beauty comes from within - the outer is just skin!

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more details, click here!

MM Award Winner

JustDaniel
post Dec 2 15, 09:11
Post #4

Ornate Oracle

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 6
Referred By:Lori

Welcome aboard, David.

Perhaps you'll remember me from PK too. In fact, Mary taught me how to write sonnets there... about 500 ago! And it was there that I learned to write about 40 poem forms... but I still struggle with FV. I became a moderator later on Poem Train.

I'll be looking forward to your interaction here.

deLightingly, Daniel sun.gif

·······IPB·······

Slow down; things will go faster!

MM Award Winner

Viking
post Dec 2 15, 10:50
Post #5

Nomad

Daniel I was wondering if that was you. Glad to see you again. It has been a long time. Look forward to reading your poems

Viking
post Dec 2 15, 10:52
Post #6

Nomad

Thank you Eisa and Pysche for the kind welcome. Eisa it is good to meet people from PK again

Cleo_Serapis
post Dec 2 15, 13:35
Post #7

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 2
Writer of: Poetry & Prose
Referred By:Imhotep

Why HELLO Dave and WELCOME TO MM! Newbie.gif PartyFavor.gif Balloons.gif

I am so happy to see another poet from the old PK join us! We had many early on - over 300 members at one time here - times change, people move around to different boards and such, and it's nice to know they have a home here when they return, to write again or just hang out. hsdance.gif We did have a purge of members several years back, mostly due to "abuse notifications" bouncing back to me from email subscriptions from AOL back in those days. I hope you will find our forum a place where you will read and also post your works in our friendly setting. magicwink1.png

I look forward to reading your work! Read.gif Viking is not a member name I remember from PK, but then again, I joined there during its last year as a VERY new poet. Just an FYI, there's no Draconian cauldron here, lol -- the posting rules for the critique forums are posted in each, however, we are far more 'relaxed' nowadays, so do not concern yourself too much with them.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me or any of our staff members (Eisa, AMETHYST (poetprincess at PK), Arnfinn, JLY, Psyche and Imhotep) or our regulars like Daniel for example. rose.gif margarita.gif mm.gif mm.gif

~Cleo Pharoah.gif

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 13:08

Read our FLYERS - click below

Reference links provided to aid in fine-tuning your writings. ENJOY!

more Quotes
more Art Quotes
Dictionary.com ~ Thesaurus.com

Search:
for
Type in a word below to find its rhymes, synonyms, and more:

Word: