Post #1

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 2
Writer of: Poetry & Prose
Referred By:Imhotep

Hello all, wave.gif

Recently, one of our members raised a concern/observation in his thread for critique. It is regarding the number of 'views' noted on the forum index next to each thread. The feeling is that why are so many reading, but not responding?

Here's my view on those views:

I venture to guess there's an 80/20 ratio where 20% are actually views made by people and the remaining 80% are views by automated scripting spiders. Spiders have many other terms (in the computer world that is) - web robots or bots, web crawlers, but the most recognizable link to a crawler is the component software agent that drives them: search engines. These are not people viewing the threads, so the 'views' number must be taken lightly. It's code that seeks out sites, scanning their content (for HOURS) adding keywords to their home pages like google and msn.com for example. The purpose there is so that when you add those key words into a search engine, poof - you'll get links back based on the search criteria you've requested. Even our "most users online" number is skewed by bots crawling the site.
Wiki says: A web crawler is a program or automated script which browses the World Wide Web in a methodical, automated manner. Other less frequently used names for web crawlers are ants, automatic indexers, bots, and worms. This process is called web crawling or spidering. Many sites, in particular search engines, use spidering as a means of providing up-to-date data. Web crawlers are mainly used to create a copy of all the visited pages for later processing by a search engine that will index the downloaded pages to provide fast searches. Crawlers can also be used for automating maintenance tasks on a website, such as checking links or validating HTML code. Also, crawlers can be used to gather specific types of information from Web pages, such as harvesting e-mail addresses (usually for spam).

A web crawler is one type of bot, or software agent. In general, it starts with a list of URLs to visit, called the seeds. As the crawler visits these URLs, it identifies all the hyperlinks in the page and adds them to the list of URLs to visit, called the crawl frontier. URLs from the frontier are recursively visited according to a set of policies.

I should hope others do not come and go without posting solely because of the skewed "views" number? That is very disappointing. It cannot be taken personally as I've mentioned above, it has no bearing on the replies, unless the implied confusion is a root cause of folks NOT posting.

As I've said from the start of MM, it's you, the members, who make (or break) this site, not me, the site owner. I provide the vehicle to have your works seen and workshopped (if that is your intent) in a relaxed, friendly setting; it's up to the members to do the rest. All it takes is a few folks to come in, make those posts and replies and start the change trending upward. How do we enact change, that's the real question? If no one makes any posts when they visit, well then, the whole point of this mute, don't ya think? I saw several people on here last night reading (adding to that views count), but they didn't post anything, just came and went. It also goes with the level of workshopping here, you folks set the bar, and others will follow if it's what they seek. I tend to think of MM as a 'moderate' workshopping venue - some are very thorough and detailed offering strong reviews, others tend to go a bit lighter, so all in all, it's an even, moderate keel IMHO.

I'll get off my sandbox now...

I welcome your thoughts and suggestions everyone. Read.gif

Have a good day! writersblock.gif
~Cleo Pharoah.gif cheer.gif

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page
Guest_Xanadu_*
post Feb 5 08, 10:25
Post #2

Thank you so much for that information Cleo!! It clears up the question I have on many sites, "Who are all these people, anyway?"
A poster on another site is convinced that some of these "people", are editors looking for talented poets. Like they have the time for that!!
I must admit I do not review as often as I would like to. I am not very good at it, for one. And, I do not want to ruffle too many feathers.That`s reason number two. The third reason, is that since I am into free verse, and there does not seem to be too many posts in that forum, I need to save something to reveiw when I do my posts. I seldom review in the fixed forms area, because I don`t know what I am talking about.

Guest_Don_*
post Feb 5 08, 10:56
Post #3

Shouda knowd that bots add hits. I could easily have been one more reader of this thread without adding comment. Comments on this specific thread are moot because you are plugging for more workshop participation. Mutual admiration societies tend be be boring.

Another addition to misleading hits is minor. I often return to refresh what has been said as well as reading additional comments. Naturally, we all look in on our favorites simply to see what they say and how they say it.

A lot of read only hits may also be visitors learning the land before they leap.

This forum is easier to add valid crit than most, but being thorough is a lot of work, which more often than not is unsolicited opinion.

I honestly believe that MM has a host of mature adults that accept crit exceptionally well. When I do rattle off at the keyboard, I am comfortable knowing the target takes it as personal view opinion to dump as they please.

Don

Merlin
post Feb 5 08, 14:40
Post #4

Ornate Oracle

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 66
Writer of: Poetry

Hi Lori,
I don't pretend to have answers. Evidence shows that there is a decline to the point of near-death on the forums. That should raise bells that something isn't working. What? There will be different answers from different participants.

I consider myself a guest on sites I participate on, and make a real effort to fit in, rather than have my own views front and center. One exception was the quote-on-quote issue here, where I did put my tupence worth in since it was an annoyance beyond anything else I encountered (my view). I've been on the internet since mid 90-s, and have seen many sites come and go for different reason, and while it's said "it's your site, make the most of it," reality doesn't always agree.

Interesting about the automated creepy crawlers. Internet has come a long way in its short life, and I shouldn't really be surprised, but am because it's not what I do. Hackers, virus makers, and all the rest are there too.

It's a pity that the program will not allow changes whereby the view column must remain. Was there not another discussion in one of the other forums where somebody complained about the fact that the number of hits was up, but comments remained stagnant? Has a familiar ring to it. I see that hits column as a detriment - not fatal, but not helpful either.

Hope life can be restored.

Merlin

·······IPB·······

Cleo_Serapis
post Feb 5 08, 17:03
Post #5

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Hi Eric,

I don't have any answers either, but things are moving. They may have dropped a bit but you know how that goes, people come, people go, some return, some don't - some R&Mer's are off playing elsewhere now as you already know. I do invite you to post a response.

We enforce our posting rules here so that others receive a fair amount of reviews - the 2:1 rule but besides that, I think we run a pretty decent ship. If others disagree, they're not saying so, so I have nothing else to base this perceived slow down on - after all, I can't read minds. wizard2.gif

I've sent a help desk ticket into Dragonfly (most of our new skins) to see if there's a way to remove that column. There may have been a post in the past about views but I don't recall it off the top of my head.

~Cleo

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

jgdittier
post Feb 5 08, 17:17
Post #6

Creative Chieftain

Group: Platinum Member
Member No.: 58

Dear All,
I have long believed that "views" meant real people and that having 100 views and 3 comments was intensely saddening. Good to know I can pit views out of my mind in the future.
Thanks for the clarification.
Cheers, ron jgd

·······IPB·······

Ron Jones

MM Award Winner

heartsong7
post Feb 5 08, 17:32
Post #7

Creative Chieftain

Member No.: 70
Referred By:Merlin

I come often and read lots--- far more frequently than I post a comment. When I do have time to offer a critique, I often read the poem several times during the process. Also when I'm working on one of my own, I may revisit several times while revising.
Actually, I pay no attention at all to the number of views. As far as I'm concerned, they mean nothing. Even if you could statistically narrow it down to how many of the number are actural people, that doesn't necessarily mean they read the poem.
The bottom line is how the poem is received by those who do comment, and there are times when those may be few and far between because every site has spurts of slowdowns as well as flurries of activity.
Lori, you put a lot of time and effort into this site and it shows. This time of the year is slow everywhere. As you know, people will come and go, but you have a good member base and I think overall, they'll come.
-- goodjob.gif

Sue

·······IPB·······

Forgiveness is the fragrance
the violet sheds
on the heel
that has crushed it.

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post Feb 5 08, 21:06
Post #8

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Hello Linda,

You are very welcome. I'm guessing there may be many folk out there that aren't familiar with some of the more 'techie' aspects of forums boards and so wherever I can, I'll try and educate the membership. I also used to think - 'where are all these people and why aren't they posting a reply?' but I learned early on after starting MM how spiders work. Each search engine takes about 6 months to catch on but once they've got MM in the loop, they're on every day crawling. All the better for searching key words later. I often google my name or a poem title or lines or one of my forms just to see what links come back.

I'm sorry to disappoint, but I do not believe editors would spend much time surfing the forum boards. I assume they have their hands full at the office reading manuscript submissions, but one never knows. We've all been in your shoes with regard to feeling that maybe we're not good at offering crits or perhaps think we're not in the same league, but I sincerely say to you an all: You get better with practice, interaction and with time. Part of this is stems from getting to know the other members, their styles, and what makes them tick - it takes a while, and is very cool to see the relationships strengthen. It's very intimidating to offer someone your opinion, especially when you are a newbie. 'What will they think of me? What do I zoom in on? Will they be mad if I'm open and honest?' - these are common questions, at least from my own thoughts. However, the bottom line is that if a member posts a work in one the crit forums, they are saying to the rest of us : 'I want your honest opinion of my work, does it work and what does it say to you?' If that really isn't the intent of the poster, then they should reconsider which forums to post in. It's about setting that bar, knowing it can always be raised over time and settling into your own comfort zone. There's a saying I just added to my signature recently that goes 'Collaboration feeds innovation'. I believe it and think its an iterative process.

You'd be surprised to learn that we seem to flip flop annually on the popularity between Herme's and Seren's. In 2006, Seren's had more posts, this past year, it was Herme's - but overall, they tend to be fairly equal. Give it some time. As for the 2:1 rule, it's generally not an issue, but we'll keep an open mind about it.

Thanks for your post!
~Lori

Hello Don,

Yes, plug plug - can't blame a gal fer tryin! grinning.gif rock.gif I too, sometimes hit the refresh button, which will add one more to the views number, forgot about that, LOL! AND YES, lookie lookie - I do that too (for every post on mm.gif mm.gif)! Sometimes, I'm just not able to offer comments in that moment, so come back again later and cha ching, another view adds to the tally. rofl.gif

Don, you are a prime example of someone who is very detail oriented and thorough if the poem moves you, and even when you have a quick, light reply, you have a way to state things in a very friendly, to the point manner. Your style is unique and I feed off it certainly and as we all say 'take or toss as you wish'. grinning.gif I also feel most accept crit exceptionally well and if they do not for one reason or another, I hope they tell us so we can find that happy medium.

Cheers,
~Lori

Hello Sue,

I'm glad to hear you think like me with regard to those 'views' and the bottom line, LOL! It's all about putting yourself out there in anticipation of what your peers will say. The hardest reviews can sometimes come from the simplest poems. As to the view counts, they serve no useful purpose whatsoever to the reasons of posting our work other than to know we're being crawled, and read. I've actually put in a help dsk ticket to see if there may be a way (with permission of the skin designer) to hide that column, but I'm not certain since it's hard coded into the layout. If I set my mind to looking at the code, I could probably figure it out but like a poem is copyrighted, so are these skins and I have very little wiggle room to play.

I too read LOTS (and when I'm at work all day Mon-Fri I try and peek in) and while I can't comment then, I do come back later and post when I can. This routine of mine definitely adds to that view count all around our board as I pop in and out of each forum utilizing the 'new posts' seach feature. I also visit my own plenty and for the same reasons you do, pondering changes and suggestions.

Thank you very much Sue for your kind words, you've lifted my spirits. hersheyskiss.gif I just hope all realize I have an open door when it comes to suggestions about our site.

Regards,
~Lori hersheyskiss.gif

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Merlin
post Feb 5 08, 21:49
Post #9

Ornate Oracle

Member No.: 66

Answers don't come easy. I'm aware of different sites that don't even allow open reading, let alone participation. I can understand the closed-door policy applying to participants, but the freedom to only read is something that eludes me - I don't follow their logic except perhaps, to keep out unwanted viewers. Now, I don't know if that works on these "spiders", thinking that the program geeks can easily circumvent such blockages. It's akin to having locked doors to keep out the honest.
I don't advocate going to anything that extreme, and have never joined a site where I cannot first look to see if there's a chance to fit in.

I personally seldom venture far afield, other than Herman's and the FV site (where I believe that previously mentioned comment re views-vs-replies comment was). In that, I probably miss much that's happening.

Merlin

·······IPB·······

Cleo_Serapis
post Feb 5 08, 23:00
Post #10

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

You are most welcome Ron.

Glad we have cleared up that HUGE misconception. Have you ever heard of this issue occurring on other forums? detective.gif I never paid much mind to the number of views but at least now you know wy the number can be so way out there. alien2.gif

Cheers
~Cleo

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Psyche
post Feb 6 08, 10:43
Post #11

Ornate Oracle
Group Icon

Group: Praetorian
Member No.: 78
Referred By:David Ting

Hi Lori, hi All! Snowflake.gif

As I already said in Eric's thread, when I saw there had been lots of readers of my poems, I used to think WOW...that's great! I think it's my habit of seeing the glass half full, instead of half-empty...LOL. (a Sagittarian characteristic, which can lead to BIG disappointments...!!). blush21.gif

Now that I know I'm being spidered, ugh! I hate live bugs, hope there aren't any roaches in them thar search engines, even virtual ones give me the shivers.

But honestly, I only glance at the 'viewer' numbers nowadays. I never thought of comparing them to the amount of crits, which of course I love and am delighted when I get several. I sometimes view a few poems and then just comment on the ones that attract my attention more, or else those that have had few or no crits. Practically everybody seems to have an occupation, and I'm no exception, so time is a big factor in writers' forums. And we also want to write our own stuff, listen to our Muse!

Gee, we'd need three lives to get everything moving fast. I've no intention of getting in the fast lane, here or anywhere else! Speechless.gif

A long time ago I remember saying that there should be a Nobel Prize for Lit. forums. I just can't imagine how Lori can cope with her job as well as administrating MM so wonderfully. Kudos to you, Lori! You deserve the Nobel! Or the Pulitzer, or whatever! goodjob.gif

MM has a special aura about it that I haven't found anywhere else. The richness of this site, its originality, diversity, helpfulness, friendliness and good companionship are not to be found anywhere on the web (IMHO).

Going back to the search engine issue, if the spiders have names like Yahoo, Google and MSN, then that explains why I googled myself and several other poets, family and friends, and found a lot of our names 'out there' for public information. My whole family, all of them musicians (and one a physicist) popped up on Google! It's a consolation, in a way, since editors 'don't have the time' for us little people... JackBox.gif

I'll stop waffling on, sorry folks!
Have a good day, Sylvia ***

·······IPB·······

Mis temas favoritos

The Lord replied, my precious, precious child, I love you and I would never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you.

"There is no life higher than the grasstops
Or the hearts of sheep, and the wind
Pours by like destiny, bending
Everything in one direction."

Sylvia Plath, Crossing the Water, Wuthering Heights.

MM Award Winner

Eisa
post Feb 8 08, 05:01
Post #12

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Member No.: 12
Referred By:Lori

Hi there - I apologise, but I've viewed this topic a few times before having the time to answer, so at least 3 views were not spiders, but me! LOL!

When I first started writing poetry and posted at PK I always looked at the number of views I had and much like Syl, I used to feel happy that someone had taken the time to read my work, even if only a few made comments.

Nowadays, I never even notice the views, (until this subject was mentioned, I'd forgotten about that column) I'm more interested in what comments I've had & getting down to revising my work. I really don't find these spiders a problem.

I have known MM have slow spells before and I think after Xmas people often hibernate for a while. I know some people aren't around because of illness (themselves or family) or other problems. Until recently, I hadn't been around for quite some months, but I didn't forget about MM & I'm back now. Sometimes life just takes over and most people haven't got the luxury of spending hours here. We can only do our best. I agree that Lori deserves a prize for all the hard work she puts in here and has a very demanding full time job aswell - well done Lori! claps.gif

Well, I've said my piece - any other views might be spiders!

Snow Snowflake.gif

·······IPB·······

Live one day at a time -it's simpler that way.
Laugh loud & often - it's medicinal.
Write from the heart - it's therapeutic.
Beauty comes from within - the outer is just skin!

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more details, click here!

MM Award Winner

Psyche
post Feb 8 08, 09:31
Post #13

Ornate Oracle
Group Icon

Member No.: 78
Referred By:David Ting

Hi again, All! minniemouse.gif

I had an amusing experience yesteday with our 'spiders'. I'd just seen Aphrodite's nomination for IBPC of Lori's "On Rion's Eye: The Brellanine. Part II". As I know a fair amount about myths, but recognized none of Lori's characters, I googled 'Brellanine' and... Google took me straight away to Lori's Part I of the same poem, on MM!!! Speechless.gif

I hadn't read Part I ever, and so I was able to read all about the book Lori is writing, and her own mythical characters and places, all explained by Lori herself! And her hope that nobody had already used those names.... charliebrown.gif

So I've become 'spider friendly'.... well, almost...haha... Perhaps I was rewarded for seeing the cup half full, huh?

Congrats, Lori, once again. And much luck with your book!!! And with IBPC!!

Greetings to all,
Syl *** butterfly.gif

·······IPB·······

Mis temas favoritos

The Lord replied, my precious, precious child, I love you and I would never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you.

"There is no life higher than the grasstops
Or the hearts of sheep, and the wind
Pours by like destiny, bending
Everything in one direction."

Sylvia Plath, Crossing the Water, Wuthering Heights.

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post Feb 9 08, 09:55
Post #14

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

So you've seen these bots firsthand, Syl, LOL.gif!!!! See, what I tell ya? I know what I'm talking about, too bad some don't want to hear it in my daily goings-on. Thanks so much for your support of my writing adventures!

Thanks Snow for your added input too and you kind compliments. Yep, this is my baby so to speak Paci.gif and what bothers me most right now is when I go elsewhere and continue to read snide remarks, potshots to a degree, as comparisons to our home here that we've built together over the past 4 + years. Seriously folks, what gives?

It is so utterly mind-blowing to see these comments in the context they are being written. One point of fact, we opened the Shogun's Psalms short forms forum at the request of three specific members with an understanding that they would be our teachers of short forms to help us along the way, as I had stated for a year prior that our staff did not have the expertise in those forms and that was why we didn't want to make it another separate forum. After being convinced we could all make it work, we opened it. Then, not even two months later, those folks left MM. Talk about a let-down!!!!!! One must have patience and an open mind to teach, especially given that there are so many more 'variable contemporary versions' of forms out there coupled with the fact that we have members in various stages of writing poetry; novice, accomplished and expert.

Well, I'll leave it at that for now. I want to add a new jingle to my signature that simple states: Write to please yourself.

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Guest_Don_*
post Feb 9 08, 12:07
Post #15

Cleo, thanks for explaining the band of gypsies that descended upon us with an overabundance of expertise in short forms. I did not partake for being overwhelmed. I suspect expectations of participation was too lean for them to remain in camp.

Not being exposed to the snide potshots of which you spoke, I still consider MM among the top tier for general online poetry participation and workshopping. We are not perfect, but have not evolved into a closed group or a mutual admiration society.

Like several members I do not participate on several sites. A couple of older sites have become figments, but I return to listen to echoing memories.

The anchor is always the host/ess. Ours is top shelf.

Don (blogging again)

Cleo_Serapis
post Feb 9 08, 13:13
Post #16

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Hello Don,

How are you this fine Saturday?

Well, you are most welcome. There are many things I read around the web that either are direct or inferred shots and I just really needed to vent. You'd be amazed, really. It bothers me, what can I say? I never claimed to have the perfect site but I will always side with the point of it - to foster feedback in a friendly setting. Yes, there are many different personalities and even different goals (of our members) and that's good - else it would be a boring place to be. However, when I put so much of my time and effort to do what our members request and then they bail, well - need I say more? It just shows we are all made of different hides, with different expectations. I have an idea of why that forum tanked, but I just think there wasn't enough time invested to see it grow, I mean, 2 months? There's more to it. No sense in crying over spilled milk - at least it's there for those who want to post poems of 7 lines or less. grinning.gif

Thanks so much for your observations and compliments. I agree, we may not be perfect poets, but we try, learn from each other, to improve the craft, ultimately pleasing ourselves along the journey. I hope we'll never be a closed group or viewed as one of many mutual admiration societies. I like the diversity that formed poetry offers and am not opposed to contemporary versions or when a poet is inspired by a particular form but may not follow it to the letter. It's the effort, and the message I take from it that matters most to me.

You are lucky Don - the sites I used to hang out at are gone, or have been swallowed up by other sites with the exception of one. One wonders what happened to them all?

Thanks for your compliments! hersheyskiss.gif

HUGS
~Lori GroupHug.gif

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Guest_Don_*
post Feb 9 08, 14:58
Post #17

Hi Cleo,

Yes, we agree that the information on the short forms remains available here at MM, just not the expert critique personnel.

Ha ha, many poetry sites are also ghosts for me. As you know, maintaining a site is a tremendous amount of work and requires long term dedication. Flagging interest probably accounts for most disapperances. A few top-shelf, or at one time top dogs, have become polished snobs.

Got a haircut this afternoon and heard about how our temperatures are to hover above zero, with the wind chill naturally more horrrifying, tomorrow. I noticed recently that the weather reports provide an ice depth measurement. I assume they melt some for equivalent rain. Depth is moot for a slick surface such as ice. Black ice can be immeasurable. Maybe they are concerned about power lines, etc.

Our society has become number nuts.

Don

Cleo_Serapis
post Feb 17 08, 17:12
Post #18

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Hi Don,

Yes, even though in my day job I tend to crunch or analyze numbers, I try not to think of ourselves as 'nuts' although my boss, the director, depends on it. Jester.gif

Onto a new find : I've been working with the creator of all our 'Skin by Dragonfly' skins, and finally, I've edited a hack on two of the skins a few minutes ago to RID THAT 'VIEWS' COLUMN. Yay!

Check it out on our new default skin, Antiquity and the newly exited default, BeMine! dance.gif

Whatcha think? Shall we dance? hsdance.gif

~Cleo MusicBand.gif

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Guest_Don_*
post Feb 17 08, 17:18
Post #19

Hi Cleo,

In our society any number is better than no number. What is being rid of in the views category?

Don

Cleo_Serapis
post Feb 17 08, 17:24
Post #20

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Hi Don,

If you go to the Herme's Homilies index page, you'll no longer see the 'views' column (in the Antiquity and BeMine! skins) that used to be next to the "Topic Starter" column. Remember, some were complaining about how the 'number of views' upset them, thinking that so many people read the thread but weren't commenting. So the the number of replies compared to the number of views was very skewed. BUT as I mentioned, most of the views are not by people at all, they are by spiders who crawl MM.

You can see the difference if you flip to another skin on any of the forum index pages. I just edited Avalon too, so if you switch to another skin, like Autumn Harvest - you'll see that column still there, then switch back to Antiquity.

Lori

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:26

Read our FLYERS - click below

Reference links provided to aid in fine-tuning your writings. ENJOY!

more Quotes
more Art Quotes
Dictionary.com ~ Thesaurus.com

Search:
for
Type in a word below to find its rhymes, synonyms, and more:

Word: