congress
Walt Whitman
River Styx
apple blossoms
compilation
volumes
entrepreneur
scandalous

It would seem one of two things have taken place. One is that your ten words Daniel, were changed - I had written my chapter on the words I had received. They were not these words, which I see posted there now. copy of which you see. Perhaps you changed your first ten but I had read your chapter and answered, before you got the second lot up? I know the words I used to write, were what I had seen and followed, as I do not use MM to compose. I copy the words, then post them to WordPerfect and write my piece, then after all editing etc., copy and post using the Add Reply connection. I also keep a copy of my Chapter on my computer so I can keep to the thread without having to negotiate MMs complicated arrangement. A sign of age perhaps? I've had quite a few problems with MM. lately. Number one is the fact I cannot remain logged in. Logging in is no chore but annoying for all that. Why it has decided I must log in despite having the Remember Me control Ticked. Just my two penneth. But where do we go now? Suggest perhaps we start another Sapphire's story, or accept Sylvia's ten words and proceed accordingly. Fortunately we've had a wet day - much needed but still not enough rain, so I was on the computer when your Chapter came through and I worked on the words seen. I'm holding off for now. To quote an old Naval expression: Best leave it to the old Shell Backs who have the experience. Lol! Ciao for now. Denis.

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page
Rhymer
post Aug 17 20, 10:20
Post #202

Trojan

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 1,150
Writer of: Poetry

Rightly or wrongly I decided to continue on with Sylvia's list of words. Enjoyed the read Dear Lady and thought it was too good to let go without some form of reply. Obviously a mix up has occurred, but with a little time on my hands, as I wait for the sun to return, went ahead with this. Onwards and upwards, yet again. Denis.

Congress
vultures
tequila
swimming
cactus
bicycle
Egypt
Honolulu
emoticons
Juan Diego Florez

Having returned home from my visit to the Chilean Altiplano, where I had been freed from the constant squabbling and back biting rhetoric of Congress. I wondered what next I would do? Gazing out my frost covered window upon the snowy scene outside, I wondered upon life and how changes in the past decade, have altered our lives, in ways few could have imagined! Travel, by any means available, had allowed me to see Vultures in their native habitat: drink Tequila with acquaintances that stood in quiet harmony, marvelling at the South American plethora of scenery such as Cactus, Vultures and wildlife, laid out before them. Sights and scenes that were far removed from that of Honolulu or Egypt to name but two countries I have visited. As I did so I thought how good it would be to add Emoticons to my various diary entries. Appropriate inasmuch as they could and would bring a spontaneous reminder of a journey taken, and thoroughly enjoyed, despite the circumstances that had brought me to visit a land, about which I had known little.

Today, much of my travel depends on my bicycle which I use to visit the local town, or take a trip out into the local countryside for a period of relaxation. At times it takes me to the nearby swimming pool, where I enjoy the relief it brings me, from my daily stress. Invariably on returning home, I will sit awhile and listen to the celebrated opera singer, Juan Diego Florez, singing one of my favourite operatic Arias. One that transports me to wheresoever my imagination chooses to go.

That Winter is seen to have returned is a fitting end to an episode in my life, that was begun in a most bizarre manner, but brought me many unexpected pleasures. A lesson learned? Surely! One that allowed me to rise above ill fortune, and open doors unknown before. Thanks to advice given that insisted ‘resolve’ be applied, and executed too. Rhymer...

cactus
bicycle
Egypt
Honolulu
emoticons
Verdi
Albert Hall
Puerto Rico
Argentina
Buttercup

JustDaniel
post Aug 17 20, 17:27
Post #203

Ornate Oracle

Member No.: 6
Referred By:Lori

Buttercup
Albert Hall
Verdi
Egypt
Argentina
bicycle
Honolulu
Puerto Rico
cactus
emoticons

Oh, to be able to travel this fall to London and after visiting Big Ben, the Tower of London, the Tower Bridge, the BUTTERCUP Bake Shop, Ltd., and then Buckingham Palace before we enjoy an evening at the Royal ALBERT HALL to experience the VERDI opera La Traviata. Then I'd hop a plane to EGYPT to see the Giza pyramids, the Sphinx, the Cathedral of the Nativity, the Suez Canal, the great Nile river and as many other sites as our guide may fit in, and then I'd be off to ARGENTINA to visit a friend you may know for a few days, perhaps riding a BICYCLE in the countryside and into town, and then I'd be off to HONOLULU for a few days on the beach and finally to PUERTO RICO for a visit with a family of local friends, who's invited us to come and stay for a couple of days, including enjoying a special Mexican meal of White CACTUS that they're locally famous for.

Of course, I will not be able to make such a wonderous trip, since first of all I cannot afford it, and most importantly, right now none of those places will allow any visitors from the United States! I don't know how to use many EMOTICONS on this program, but if I did, I'd have illustrated my story with them as I did in a recent poem "Emily" that I wrote about Emily Dickinson, including a PS telling how I derived my own pen-name: MLee Dickens'son: https://allpoetry.com/poem/15362703-Emily-by-Daniel-Ricketts

Verdi
Albert Hall
Puerto Rico
Argentina
buttercup
apple blossoms
compilation
volumes
entrepreneur
scandalous

·······IPB·······

Slow down; things will go faster!

MM Award Winner

Rhymer
post Aug 18 20, 07:29
Post #204

Trojan

It was a time when Apple Blossoms were to be seen everywhere. An overwhelming display comparable to the Japanese Spring explosion of Cherry Blossoms. But sadly, it was doomed ere the night was done, for it had been decimated by a cold North wind that determined to show Mother Nature her disobedient son, would rebel and exert his will! Consequently, volumes of petals had fallen and cascaded down the city streets, and drifted into the gutters. Blossoms tinted deep red through pink to white, were now a mess of muddied dross, which contrasted with the bright Buttercup yellow that had defied the overnight elements. Seen in the morning sun in the grassy verges alongside, their glittering gold sheen, was a delightful recompense for our apple blossom loss. They would prove to be a glorious start to mark the beginning of a great year for me. Nature’s natural Compilation of fresh green grass and Buttercup yellow, augmented by the subtle shades of brassy Dandelions, surpassed anything man could envisage. It was a moment to be savoured, as I dawdled amidst the colourful blooms, and wondered on how cruel and destructive Nature can be when it suits her. Her gifts freely given today, can be obliterated overnight on an ill tempered whim? Or so it would seem!

As I mused on life in general, I wondered how Nature might affect residents in other parts of the world? Whether one lived in Argentina, Puerto Rico, Russia, China, or any other place on earth, Her actions could seem Scandalous without rationale, when weighed against all logical expectations and considerations. Her temperamental mood swings, were somewhat akin to a Verdi’s operatic composition first rehearsal, when heard by the untrained ear for the first time! Seemingly a dissimulated cacophony of incompetence, performed by mad musicians, vying for recognition, until one hears the Opera as Verdi had envisaged it! Such was the first impression I got when I attended a rehearsal concert at the Albert Hall, earlier. Today? This Opera is a favourite, that invigorates my lagging aspirations. Walking further into the park, I wondered why no Entrepreneur had seized the opportunity to vacuum up all the fallen blossoms? Perhaps to use as confetti, or to extract the scent of Spring that had wafted from them earlier? Such fleeting scents, sights and sounds play an important part in our lives. Often ones we recall and remember from time to time, until death comes calling. I wonder how many see, smell and hear the important things we’re offered for free - if but for a moment? Unfortunately, far too many of us, ignore or dismiss such pleasures as inconsequential as we struggle to tailor our days to our personal liking. Far too often we wake up too late, to smell the Apple Blossoms, or Roses. Rhymer.

compilation
volumes
entrepreneur
scandalous.
Albert Hall
Dross
Hobson’s Choice
Danse Macabre
Pirouette
Ensemble

JustDaniel
post Aug 19 20, 07:18
Post #205

Ornate Oracle

entrepreneur
compilation
volumes
dross
scandalous
Danse Macabre
pirouette
Hobson’s Choice
ensemble
Albert Hall

If I were any kind of an ENTREPRENEUR, Denis, I'd be encouraging you to make a COMPILATION of your VOLUMES of poetry and stories, helping you edit them to remove any DROSS and any potential SCANDALOUS material to prevent your being sued, of course... but alas I'm not such a businessman, and my eyes too are failing more and more as the days pass. Even now I'm viewing this page through a fog, in a kind of DANSE MACABRE, and i attempt frequently to PIROUETTE in order to catch a clearer view of what I'm trying to read.

So, you see (evidently less clearly than I do!), because of my physical circumstance I cannot even offer you a HOBSON'S CHOICE to help in creating such an ENSEMBLE. Together we'll never be able to create a production that will be performed in ALBERT HALL, to be sure! - Daniel sun.gif

dross
Hobson’s Choice
Danse Macabre
pirouette
ensemble
devil-may-care
subterfuge
scarecrow
silhouette
sacrifice

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Rhymer
post Aug 19 20, 15:54
Post #206

Trojan

I am inspired by a suggestion given me by Daniel! Maybe inadvertently but in celebration I Pirouetted in a Devil-may-Care abandoned Danse Macabre. Scared the bejabers out of our three cats, who stopped for nothing as they sped off into the forested area around our property! Plainly, without Subterfuge, his thinking convinced him, I would make no Sacrifice to achieve my goal! Neither would I allow anyone to employ stubborn Scarecrow tactics to change my mind or intent. It was not a question of Hobson’s Choice, but a most rational and most fitting suggestion to think of compiling a miscellaneous Ensemble of my many literary achievements. Dross in some eyes perhaps, but nonetheless, my files are filled with all manner of writings, that were inspired by various situations encountered, over aeons of my having lived life to the full! From Spiritual topics to faint Silhouettes of people met in my extensive travels to foreign parts. Added are moments of meditation - my wife terms it “catching forty winks”, and a ploy to get out of assigned chores. Not so, but I refuse to argue that topic any more! With Daniel’s suggestion in mind I started out on my journey into the realms of stored literature, as composed by one named Rhymer. A flattering pseudonym for one they named Denis, some ninety years ago.

But hang on! Ere I get too involved in this project, if my memory serves me correctly - fast tiring from overload - I having already collated much of the material, would not need to tackle such an undertaking again!. So what gives? Am I becoming asininely seniler and forgetful these days? Should I start over? Bejabers, where was I? Oh yes, I remember: about to recall and collate the physical evidence of my mental ruminations that are safely stored - both on paper and on a computer, USB hard drive. In total Five large volumes of Autobiographical Essays - many more partially written - in the works - along with poems, that cover every conceivable topic you can mention. Written in a mixture of genres, they total more than five thousand in number, but nothing vaguely Scandalous! With that thoughtful reminder, I decided to stop madly pirouetting the Danse Macabre, and sit awhile to gather my thoughts, and put my life back in some semblance of order again. Mission Impossible! Now I must tell Daniel as to how his idea has already been effected many years earlier. One small book professionally published, and some seven more brought to fruition by Gutter Press. All are witness to my earlier intent. Now I, having gathered my thoughts, think perhaps I should do nothing more but offer ten words for the next Chapter, as once again, I return to the realms of reality, having hopes I’ve interspersed this humongous Mini Story with imaginative writing, in hopes readers will be amused. So here I go again. Rhymer

ensemble
devil-may-care
subterfuge
scarecrow
Hobson’s choice.
Professional
Gutter Press
Engagement
Frivolous
Science.

Psyche
post Aug 21 20, 14:04
Post #207

Ornate Oracle
Group Icon

Group: Praetorian
Member No.: 78
Writer of: Poetry & Prose
Referred By:David Ting

Hi Denis, very good and amusing story. You made me laugh a lot, just what I need with this lockdown.
Forgive me for not writing an answer yet, but I'm really tired doing all my own work at home. I'm going to have a "power nap" now, then we take our daily walk, so maybe I'll tackle this in the evening, but not promising. The 10 words are quite daunting!
Spring is finally arriving, with lovely sunny days. Hope you're well and busy. All the best, Sylvia

·······IPB·······

Mis temas favoritos

The Lord replied, my precious, precious child, I love you and I would never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you.

"There is no life higher than the grasstops
Or the hearts of sheep, and the wind
Pours by like destiny, bending
Everything in one direction."

Sylvia Plath, Crossing the Water, Wuthering Heights.

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

MM Award Winner

Rhymer
post Aug 21 20, 14:50
Post #208

Trojan

Hi Sylvia, and thanks for the update. Been very busy though not the greatest of late, Heat is very enervating and I have been doing some construction work in the garden. With my eyesight restriction getting up step ladders is not the easiest. We're staying safe for the moment, but will soon have to go and do some shopping. Living in a rural area we don't get too many visitors nor see many crowds, but there's very little chance of getting help either. Summer is still very much in charge around here, and rain is needed most urgently. Not much sign of it lately. I really enjoy writing the Chapters in the Mini Story, and like tackling the ten words challenge every time. I'm actually writing a personal version of most ten words, even though it's not my turn to do so. Just seeing where it takes me? More to keep my brain from going gaga. Have to keep a close eye on Pauline who tends to do the craziest of things unless I do so. Not so easy at times. Been a tad under the weather myself - tummy bug of all things, which leaves me feeling very weak and tired.
Looking forward to your 'write' as and when you have the time and feel up to doing the necessary.
Take care, and enjoy your stroll in the snow. Fondest regards Denis.

JustDaniel
post Aug 21 20, 15:18
Post #209

Ornate Oracle

Ditto to what Sylvia said, Denis. Your word list was too much to me, so I wanted to give it a couple of days to sink in before I came back to give it an attempt.

engagement
scarecrow
devil-may-care
frivolous
ensemble
science
subterfuge
Gutter Press
professional
Hobson’s Choice

The ENGAGEMENT of my SCARECROW faculties to tackle your 10-word list, Denis, has seemed overwhelming to me for the past couple of days, but I’ve decided to tackle them anyhow with my DEVIL-MAY-CARE, FRIVOLOUS attitude, so I’ve placed the ENSEMBLE before me without expectation of using the tools of literary SCIENCE, and without any semblance of SUBTERFUGE, simply diving in.

I doubt that even the GUTTER PRESS nor any PROFESSIONAL editorial concern would even want to read, let alone publish my nonsense, but here it is, paltry as it may be. Sadly, it’s my meagre Hobson’s Choice.

professional
gutter press
engagement
frivolous
science
apocalyptic
firing range
log cabin
root cellar
range war

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Rhymer
post Aug 22 20, 07:17
Post #210

Trojan

I have often considered and wondered, in an amusing kind of way, how I, were I so inclined to be a Professional writer, would weave a story, based on Frivolous intent, rather than factual happenings? Shall we say a Story of a Firing Range fracas that escalates into a fierce Engagement. A bizarre fandango, between two rival gangs, or perhaps a confrontation such as might be seen in a Range War? A time that describes a gang of rustlers holed up in a Root Cellar, whilst the Sheriff’s Deputy and his crew of law abiding, gun toting agents - they’re known as The Good Guys, are making sure they don’t escape, by covering their escape from a Log Cabin. With bullets whistling around, it would require both knowledgeable literary skills, and some knowledge of trajectory in order to make the tale believable. Such matters as the type of rifle: its ‘bore’ along with that of revolvers etc., etc.! Lots of etcetera's which is the knowledge of a bygone life style - in itself a Science, few authors of today, would possess when such commonplace confrontations supposedly took place regularly. But only if one believes what one reads in the - often fudged - historical archives. So often hysterical rather than historical in many instances - as earlier recorded. The scene might well become Apocalyptic, but a well learned writer would have a wealth of language, and dialects, on which he could draw. Even to the extent he would know the right language and its implications, to describe such nerve tugging scenarios.

To be an author of such a fanciful tale beggars my imagination, and I regret mine does not stretch to such a degree. For I would seldom capture a reader’s imagination, to the extent that they would be transported from their comfortable armchair, Rum and Pepsi in the cup holder, for sustenance, as they allow their imagination to take part in the action! Nonetheless, the writing of such a lurid manuscript would be received with open arms, by the Gutter Press, paper back industry and customer. One that countless Country and Western fans would snap up once published. Thereby hangs a tale only waiting to be writ!

Regretfully the task is way out in left field as far as I’m concerned. My few talents lie elsewhere! Mainly in the garden where I can sit on one of my benches, - difficult to sit on two at the same time, therefore the limit - and ruminate on ‘what’ went before, and what lies ahead? A bleak prospect some days when Life seems bent on making my days more to be endured, rather than to be enjoyed - as it has been of late! Perhaps such a project is more to your liking Daniel? Or for that matter, you Sylvia? Why not write a novel on the Women Riders of Patagonia Plains - stick to the rounding up of rustlers and not as to “how” and the “bait” used by the more adventurous - Desperados or (Desperadees?)! Tell a tale as to how women lassoed and captured a husband when all other tactics failed! (Just joking - I think!) So Ghost Riders (Ghastly Writers) of MM, Go get ‘em! The world awaits your first, Best Selling Western Novel and all its gory details! I’m going back to write about what I know. Fantasy is not my ‘forte’ these days. Rhymer.

science
apocalyptic
firing range
log cabin
root cellar
forty
Fantasia
Andalusia
Charnel House
Flight Path

Rhymer
post Aug 24 20, 10:20
Post #211

Trojan

Please excuse an Old Fellar coming in like this, but I was somewhat inspired yesterday - though not a good day as I was under the weather with dietary woes - too frequently of late - which I lay at the door of local suppliers, who seem bent on helping Covid-19 achieve a record number of deaths - we have as yet suffered none, but Cottagers and holiday makers - with their 'brats' have inundated our region noted for such folks coming every summer vacation period - who might well change the atmosphere and quickly. They break every rule and think we count for nothing! I'm firmly convinced the unscrupulous merchants see it as an ideal opportunity to divest themselves of hard-to-sell items. Despite my taking every precaution, both Pauline and I fell foul of their nefarious deeds! My failing eyesight is surely a handicap at such times. Enough complaining except to say in this past week I have 'lost' 18 lbs - which I can ill afford to lose. I now weigh less than I did at 15 years - 144lbs! A dietary break through a few might enjoy, but not me. Weak and undernourished, and age does not help!

Having made my spiel, I thought to sit and wonder what I could do, to keep me occupied? Had an idea I might interpose with a Chapter of the latest Mini Story, that used my own ten words, whilst awaiting either you Sylvia or you Daniel, to post your Chapter. Rightly or wrongly I then thought how I could use those very words, but by doing so, keep them in the order in which they are listed? A real brain teaser at first, but not as hard as I had at first thought! So here I am, taking a chance at upsetting the regular routine again by posting my endeavours. with the hope that either of you might follow on, using the self-same words of course. Nothing ventured, nothing gained, as the saying goes, here's the result of my peregrinations. If it offends? Disregard it and carry on as normal. Ciao for now Denis. PS: Much improved this morning, but rather weak - physically - not mentally! Purely my own diagnostic opinion! Lol. Rhymer.

Chapter - in logical progression of Ten Words.

Science has it that global warming will - by the end of this century - have Apocalyptic consequences, unless mankind mends its way and stops the production of Carbon Dioxide - seen as the cause of the world’s troubles. Many different sources all add to the changing atmosphere. Even the target practice at the Firing Range, or the evening soiree in front of the Log Cabin fire, that backs on to the Root Cellar, can all add a little, but the greatest source is of course, the burning of so much fossil fuel. Some Forty years after WWII scientists began to advise governments of their growing concern regarding CO2 emissions and advised them to encourage ‘clean fuel’ transportation. Laughed at by many politicians - its their way of bluffing the population, into believing they know better and are very well educated in such matters, whereas in truth, they know nothing whatsoever, except they are very well of how to line their own pockets by kissing butt to influence others - voters - who want none of any legislation, that curtails their lifestyle. Living in a world that denies undeniable facts, if they do not please, they tend to congregate in a place we might well call Fantasia.
Their laugher grows even more hysterical when reiterated from Pole to Pole and from world such renowned places such as Andalusia and Australia - all of whom, contribute by their burning of Charnel House waste from a host of slaughter houses. This too, is another source of concern. But by far one of the greatest contributors is that of Aircraft. Thousands diligently follow their Flight Path on a daily basis, and the CO2 levels from said routes, spread all around the world, as evidenced by samples taken at either Pole. Ice sheets melting and glaciers disappearing slowly raise the ocean levels, putting millions in peril. Rhymer

science
apocalyptic
firing range
log cabin
root cellar
forty
Fantasia
Andalusia
Charnel House
Flight Path.

JustDaniel
post Aug 29 20, 13:46
Post #212

Ornate Oracle

flight path
fantasia
Andalusia
firing range
forty
log cabin
root cellar
charnel house
apocalyptic
science

At the end of the FLIGHT PATH of my FANTASIA into old ANDALUSIA, where I’d last gone for a haircut in Seville, my brain landed at a FIRING RANGE with FORTY sites spread out along a large berm where soldiers practiced their sharpshooting. Down from the berm was a LOG CABIN with a huge ROOT CELLAR that had been turned into a CHARNEL HOUSE in a kind of APOCALYPTIC irony. Where is the SCIENCE in this dream?

forty
fantasia
Andalusia
charnel house
fight path
paratroopers
helicopter
Portugal
Gibraltar
Linguiça

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Rhymer
post Aug 29 20, 17:55
Post #213

Trojan

Forty
Fantasia
Andalusia
Charnel House
Flight Path
Paratroopers
Helicopter
Portugal
Gibraltar
Linguica

As I left the delicatessen called Fantasia - due to its elaborate decorative display of Disney wall paintings - one of its male employees - around Forty years of age - came dashing out with my purchase of Linguica in his hands. This I had inadvertently left sitting on the counter as I left the store. Hang about Boss, said he, I happened to see you had forgotten your little taste of Portugal. Well thank you said I. I would have remembered it later, and returned, but you’ve saved me the trouble. From you accent I think you were from Gibraltar? If I’m right, how come you come to know about this ‘special’ pork sausage made in Portugal, in their traditional manner?

No Boss, he replied, I originally came from Andalusia, after attending school in Seville. Needing to earn some money I first worked in the local Charnel House, before I did a stint in the Paratroopers Regiment. A three year stint, I thoroughly enjoyed. Why it even gave me a chance to jump from a Helicopter on numerous occasions. On leaving the regiment, still single, I got the urge to travel. Luckily I was hired by a Rancher to fly out on a commercial cargo plane. My assignment was to accompany a pair of prize heifers that were going to his ranch. Never realised until later, how fortunate for me that the Flight Path the plane took, was where I would eventually settle down.

But firstly, with paid employment being scarce, I was only too pleased to find work at any menial task offered. Turned out that another Charnel House job was just a convenient stepping stone to greater things. It was quite the ‘come down’ after all the places I’d visited: sights I’d seen and the people I’d met, from my dashing all over the world. It needed some rethinking on my part but my charnel house days were soon enaded when I seized the chance to put some of my worldly knowledge to good use, and started working here, where they make good use of my worldly experience. Rhymer.

Charnel House
Flight Path
Paratroopers
Helicopter
Portugal
Disney
Delicatessen
Heifer
Ranch
Experience

JustDaniel
post Aug 29 20, 19:11
Post #214

Ornate Oracle

helicopter
paratroopers
flight path
Disney
experience
ranch
Portugal
charnel house
heifer
delicatessen

My first experience in a HELICOPTER was during an annual training exercise at Ft. Bragg, N. Carolina, where I was assigned to the chaplain of the 82nd Airborne Division (the PARATROOPERS), and we went on a test flight for a pilot. It was not till we were airborne that we learned that he was to fly “blind” only being able to see his instrument panel to stay on his FLIGHT PATH… and that is was his first time doing so! It was no DISNEY EXPERIENCE for me for sure.

On our time off that summer a few of us visited a nearby RANCH run by a man from PORTUGAL, who’d been in the 82nd, who said he’d also worked at a CHARNEL HOUSE. We had a meal he’d made from a freshly-slaughtered HEIFER that had not been able to calf, the most of which was sold to a local DELICATESSEN.

Disney
delicatessen
heifer
ranch
experience
intake
home improvement
greeting card
guitar
accordion

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Rhymer
post Aug 30 20, 09:11
Post #215

Trojan

After we had landed safely, and our precious cargo of the Heifer Yearlings had been unloaded and taken to the Ranch, and I had been paid. A princely sum for the simple Chaperon task I had been given - I thought I’d explore the nearby Orlando Disney grounds before I sought worthy work. Which, as you know, I found later at the Delicatessen. So there I was on a bright sunny day threading my way through the throng of holiday makers after I had written a Greeting Card to my folks back in Seville, telling them of my Experience. I also made it clear to them, they’d have to wait before I could give them an address to which they could reply, as I was uncertain as to where I would finally settle down. I know they would be eager to regale me with details of their latest Home Improvement scheme - begun the day after I flew out on the cargo plane.

As I made my way through the throng of holiday makers, I could hear the playing of Guitar and Accordion coming from a group of Players, performing to an eclectic group of older folks, sitting around a small bandstand where, for a brief interlude, travelling musicians gathered to perform and delight those seated, whilst they showed off their talent and entertain those in need of a resting sit down. Some visitors had come prepared with their own picnic supplies, which they devoured as they sat and listened. A somewhat enjoyable and relaxing time for the foot sore and weary who, with an occasional burst of applause, expressed their enjoyment of the musical Intake of whatever style was proffered. Evidence that their endeavours were greatly appreciated. Rhymer.

Intake
Greeting Card
Experience
Guitar
Heifer
Foot sore
Endeavours
Pirates
Step Ladder
Morose

JustDaniel
post Aug 31 20, 06:37
Post #216

Ornate Oracle

foot sore
intake
guitar
heifer
experience
greeting card
step ladder
pirates
morose
endeavors

FOOT SORE and fancy free after a late-night INTAKE of a roving GUITAR performance throughout the Old Town, I had to lie down like a birthing HEIFER to catch up with myself. What an EXPERIENCE that was weaving in and out of all the tourists to follow the musicians! Stopped at one of the shops to get a GREETING CARD to commemorate our time, and the shop owner had to climb up on a STEP LADDER to find some for me to purchase. I chose one that pictured men dressed as PIRATES sitting down to enjoy some of the local cuisine, even though they looked a little MOROSE. I’m guessing that they also were as tired as I was from their evening’s ENDEAVORS.

foot sore
endeavors
pirates
step ladder
morose
population
circuitous
antelope
mountaintop
articulate

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Rhymer
post Sep 1 20, 09:10
Post #217

Trojan

foot sore
endeavors
pirates
step ladder
morose
population
circuitous
antelope
mountaintop
articulate

As I rested on a convenient bench, I reflected on what had taken place over the last few days. From my personal experiences I compared my new location with that of other lands. For instance, it seems that Orlando’s Population almost doubles daily, as visitors to the Disney World attraction flock in from all over. Some come by various Circuitous routes to stay at the hotel within its grounds. There for a week or more, they'll enjoy the many eclectic facilities brought together by the inspirations of Disney planners. Visitors touring the grounds on foot or transport provided, allow their imaginations to run free; which transports them to a place far removed from their daily, mundane lives. Others - often Morose and mundane get excited on seeing free roaming animals such as Antelope and deer, traversing the man made Mountaintop, whilst others, are entertained by the actions of Pirates climbing the rigging of an Olde Tyme, three masted, ship, sailing through the large inland lagoon. A taste of adventure that can be enjoyed by the more adventurous. Along the central way, budding acrobats, perform hair raising stunts on a tight rope strung over a ravine, whilst a lesser skilled performer, performs handstands and other stunts on a Step Ladder - their ‘personal prop’ - to entertain a gathered crowd of spectators who applaud and encourage their every move.

By the end of the day, many spectators, satiated by the extraordinary Endeavours and scenarios they have witnessed, leave for home as resident hotel guests, exhausted, being Foot Sore and weary, retire to the open lounge to imbibe and enjoy a glass of energy ‘Reviver’, before partaking of their evening meal and heading to their room for much needed rest and relaxation. Doubtless some retire to bed and sleep, where they dream of the spectacular Fantasia they had seen and enjoyed, but never knew existed, whilst others, though weary, lay plans for the morrow. Rhymer.

Eclectic
Lagoon
Cutlass
Ley
Lounge
endeavours
morose
population
articulate
circuitous

JustDaniel
post Sep 4 20, 02:46
Post #218

Ornate Oracle

Super story, Denis! sun.gif

circuitous
lagoon
morose
cutlass
population
lounge
lei
articulate
endeavors
eclectic

I’ve just had the experience of reading some poems on AllPoetry.com that unfortunately spend their words CIRUITOUSly delving into the LAGOON of the MOROSE, as though they must wield a CUTLASS to decapitate or gut the POPULATION!

Would that they rather spend some time to LOUNGE in some luxurious LEI and ARTICULATE on their ENDEAVORS interacting with the birds and butterflies that flit about them, providing some more ECLECTIC subject matter. We’d all be better off, don’t you think – with blood still coursing through our veins!

eclectic
lagoon
cutlass
lei
lounge
electric
symbolism
territorial
valley
steps OR steppes

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Psyche
post Sep 7 20, 15:57
Post #219

Ornate Oracle
Group Icon

Group: Praetorian
Member No.: 78
Writer of: Poetry & Prose
Referred By:David Ting

QUOTE (JustDaniel @ Sep 4 20, 04:46 ) *
Super story, Denis! sun.gif

circuitous
lagoon
morose
cutlass
population
lounge
lei
articulate
endeavors
eclectic

I’ve just had the experience of reading some poems on AllPoetry.com that unfortunately spend their words CIRUITOUSly delving into the LAGOON of the MOROSE, as though they must wield a CUTLASS to decapitate or gut the POPULATION!

Would that they rather spend some time to LOUNGE in some luxurious LEI and ARTICULATE on their ENDEAVORS interacting with the birds and butterflies that flit about them, providing some more ECLECTIC subject matter. We’d all be better off, don’t you think – with blood still coursing through our veins!

eclectic
lagoon
cutlass
lei
lounge
electric
symbolism
territorial
valley
steps OR steppes

I was raised on a farm in a valley, near the territory known as vast, dry steppes. They could be seen across the river's edge, in contrast to our luxurious plantations of apple trees. The local indigenous people endeavored to use symbols to communicate and to engrave rocks in caves in the faraway Andes cordillera.
About four hundred kilometers away, overlooking a wondrous lagoon in front of the tourist town of Bariloche, several eclectic gentlemen and their ladies used the lounge to converse about the ancient Greeks and Romans.
A Hawaiin architect had built an original lei in their garden. He illuminated it with electric lights with raffia shades, all of which he'd bought at a Christie's auction, where he always bid for his clients.
This innovative, handsome man dressed as a pirate. He used Italian black boots, highly expensive; a red coat with golden buttons fashioned in Paris, as well as a jewelled cutlass with an extremely sharp blade, made in Hawaii.
He was a gentle man and only wooed the pretty girls, who swooned when he introduced himself to them in the ballroom. There were dances several times every month. (Corny enough?)

electric
valley
step (not steppes)
lounge
cutlass
roller skates
hiccups
Tierra del Fuego
gossamer
radicalism

·······IPB·······

Mis temas favoritos

The Lord replied, my precious, precious child, I love you and I would never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you.

"There is no life higher than the grasstops
Or the hearts of sheep, and the wind
Pours by like destiny, bending
Everything in one direction."

Sylvia Plath, Crossing the Water, Wuthering Heights.

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

MM Award Winner

JustDaniel
post Sep 7 20, 23:49
Post #220

Ornate Oracle

Tierra del Fuego
roller skates
electric
cutlass
gossamer
hiccups
lounge
radicalism
step
valley

One cannot reach TIERRA DEL FUEGO from Sylvia's place using ROLLER SKATES nor on an ELECTRIC CUTLASS suspended on GOSSAMER cords from the wings of a faerie with HICCUPS. So you'll have to stay on the mainland and LOUNGE around with Sylvia, listening to her discuss some of her neighbors' RADICALISM, unless you decide to STEP away to take a walk in the VALLEY. (How's THAT for Corny!)

roller skates
hiccups
Tierra del Fuego
gossamer
radicalism
symbiosis
unseen
islands
correspondence
editorial

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

18 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 13 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 04:04

Read our FLYERS - click below

Reference links provided to aid in fine-tuning your writings. ENJOY!

more Quotes
more Art Quotes
Dictionary.com ~ Thesaurus.com

Search:
for
Type in a word below to find its rhymes, synonyms, and more:

Word: