Post #1

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 2
Writer of: Poetry & Prose
Referred By:Imhotep

Hi all,

Based on the other two Robert Frost challenges here in Karnak, I'll throw a third into the mix. chef.gif

From Robert Frost's poem, Acquainted with the Night below, use the same last word from each line in the poem at the end of each line in your response. The words are: night, rain, light, lane, beat, explain, feet, cry, street, good-bye, height, sky, right, night.

Good luck!
~Cleo

Acquainted with the Night

I have been one acquainted with the night.
I have walked out in rain—and back in rain.
I have outwalked the furthest city light.

I have looked down the saddest city lane.
I have passed by the watchman on his beat
And dropped my eyes, unwilling to explain.

I have stood still and stopped the sound of feet
When far away an interrupted cry
Came over houses from another street,

But not to call me back or say good-bye;
And further still at an unearthly height,
One luminary clock against the sky

Proclaimed the time was neither wrong nor right
I have been one acquainted with the night.

Copyright © Robert Frost

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page

Posts in this topic
- Cleo_Serapis   Poetic Challenge using Frost's "Acquainted with the Night"   Feb 3 10, 18:32
- - ohsteve   Hi Lori here is my reply. I am a Friend in the Ni...   Feb 3 10, 22:06
- - Cleo_Serapis   Well done, Steve! Now the race is ON to see...   Feb 4 10, 06:34
- - Larry   Hi Lori and Well Done Steve, These are such fun...   Feb 4 10, 16:46
- - ohsteve   Larry, well done to you also. I almost wan't g...   Feb 4 10, 19:58
- - Merlin   Applause to both entries. I'm sure you're...   Feb 4 10, 21:41
- - Larry   Once more into the fray of frosty bobs. Alone Th...   Feb 13 10, 18:28
- - Cleo_Serapis   FANTABULOUS response Larry! I could really ...   Feb 23 10, 18:16
- - Larry   Hi Lori, I'm glad for you and the light that ...   Feb 26 10, 09:12
- - Cleo_Serapis   Thanks Larry, Ok, here's goes (still need tit...   Feb 26 10, 13:04
- - Larry   Well Hello There Lori, Glad you finally added to ...   Feb 26 10, 14:58
- - Cleo_Serapis   Thanks Larry! I've made those edits - I ma...   Feb 26 10, 16:05
- - Larry   Hey Lori, Try to sub "and" with "t...   Feb 26 10, 17:26
- - Cleo_Serapis   Larry. If I want to follow your lead however, I...   Feb 27 10, 07:35
- - Larry   Echoes A New Year’s day that started late last ni...   Jan 1 14, 23:54
- - Cleo_Serapis   What a beautiful response poem, Larry! Happy...   Jan 3 14, 08:00
- - Alan   A RAVE As I wish one and all a sweet good-night a...   Mar 5 14, 02:13
- - Cleo_Serapis   Well done Alan!!! Enjoyed this very ...   Mar 5 14, 06:43
- - Alan   Dear Lori, If you know how to dance, which is mor...   Mar 5 14, 21:55
- - JustDaniel   If I could put on dancing shoes, I'd have had ...   Mar 11 14, 19:39
- - JustDaniel   Good Night I used to love to ride my bike at nigh...   Mar 11 14, 19:46
- - Cleo_Serapis   Well done Daniel! A bit sad for reality, but...   Mar 12 14, 07:32
- - Maureen   That's a ripper Daniel - well done - love it a...   Mar 12 14, 23:41
|- - JustDaniel   QUOTE (Cleo_Serapis @ Mar 12 14, 08:32 ) ...   Mar 13 14, 17:07
- - Alan   Dear Daniel, Thank you, what would I do without y...   Mar 14 14, 02:12
- - JustDaniel   Hey, Alan... my eyes do still pick up little thin...   Mar 14 14, 05:02
- - Alan   Dear Daniel, Well OK, I'll settle for your me...   Mar 16 14, 02:05
- - JustDaniel   It's been a LONG time since my athleticism, Al...   Mar 16 14, 12:09
- - Alan   Dear Daniel, Wow. Respect. I am to athletics and ...   Mar 16 14, 13:26
- - Larry   One Day Year For six long months there’s nothing ...   Apr 7 14, 23:13
- - Cleo_Serapis   Larry, What a lovely response. This just happens ...   Apr 8 14, 07:29
- - Cleo_Serapis   Here's my slight tweaking of my response from ...   Apr 8 14, 10:01
- - Larry   Hi Lori, Sorry, I can't post my entry on Poet...   Apr 8 14, 23:12
- - Cleo_Serapis   Hi Larry, I love your response and am glad you p...   Apr 9 14, 06:01
- - Larry   Hi Lori, Thanks for the explanation. I'm usi...   Apr 9 14, 09:35
- - JustDaniel   What is the Poetry Super Highway. I seem to be dr...   Apr 9 14, 12:07
- - Cleo_Serapis   Yeah, I do think its a setting in IE - Internet Ex...   Apr 9 14, 14:09
- - Larry   Hi Lori, I'm sure you have heard but I'll...   May 5 14, 11:12
- - Cleo_Serapis   Hi Larry, Oh YES, I've heard of this one...   May 6 14, 07:08
- - Larry   Star Trek Within my wooded glen the veil of night...   May 19 14, 23:12
- - Cleo_Serapis   Beautiful as always!   May 20 14, 11:06
- - Larry   Thank you Lori, Sometimes, beauty takes a little ...   May 23 14, 13:18
- - Larry   Although rain was not really a factor, I am trying...   Jul 5 15, 13:52

2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 06:02

Read our FLYERS - click below

Reference links provided to aid in fine-tuning your writings. ENJOY!

more Quotes
more Art Quotes
Dictionary.com ~ Thesaurus.com

Search:
for
Type in a word below to find its rhymes, synonyms, and more:

Word: