post Mar 17 04, 06:42
Post #1

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 2
Writer of: Poetry & Prose
Referred By:Imhotep

I recevied the following email from Dolly (Athena) this morning and want to share it with all here. As you may know, she and David are planning on getting married on Friday March 19, 2004 and I'd like us to send along our prayers and well wishes for a speedy recovery to David and a happy wedding (even if delayed).

sun.gif   angel.gif GET WELL SOON DAVID!  angel.gif  sun.gif

Our thoughts and prayers are with you! GroupHug.gif GroupHug.gif GroupHug.gif

Hugs! irish.gif
Lori

below is the email from Dolly

Hi Lori, Mary, and Norm,

I went to the airport to pick David up and was met with an ambulance and paramedics with my sweetheart on a gurney!!  It appears his already health challenged heart had started acting up causing pain for which David would normally take a nitro.  However, he'd left them at home!  When he asked for one from the flight attendant, she first called the doctor who ordered an ambulance to meet them and gave David the nitro.  Three more pills and the plane had landed.

He's been in the hospital ever since undergoing many tests.  He had the foresight to bring his meical records from Ohio with him, so that helped the docs to know what to do to help him.  Right now, this night, he's feeling fairly good, anticipating one of those nasty chemical stress tests in the morning, the one that makes you feel like you're DYING!!  I HATE them!  But, they're supposed to really show if his heart is at dior risk right now.  We already know he'll have to undergo more major surgery on his heart to stent or replace his very enlarged aorta that has an anyorism (sp?) like what killed John Ritter!  

But, we're hoping he won't have to do that at least for another 6 months because as soon as we return from our honeymoon he has to undergo a major surgery to remove a palm-sized pre-cancerous tumor from his colon... a 16 inch amount that must be removed from his colon with a huge 16 inch incision!  His father died from colon cancer so the doctors don't want David to wait for the surgery, it MUST be by April 15th!

We had to cancel and reschedule a church activity that he needs to participate in prior to our wedding on the 19th, but hopefully he'll be well enough to do that on Thursday with our wedding day on the 19th.

I need a favor from you:  would you please post this in the Mosaic, Poetic Voices, and Poem Train for me with a request for prayers for my Sweetheart?

I appreciate all your good/postitive thoughts and prayers so very much!  Thank you for helping you folks.

Love and hugs,
Dolly

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page
Ephiny
post Mar 20 04, 06:13
Post #2

Creative Chieftain

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 41

Hi Lori,

If you're in contact with Dolly, please send her my very best wishes..she and David are in my prayers and I hope that whatever happened, he is recovering well and that they have a wonderful future together.  Thanks for sharing this sun.gif

·······IPB·······

Lucie

"What could have made her peaceful with a mind
That nobleness made simple as a fire,
With beauty like a tightened bow, a kind
That is not natural in an age like this,
Being high and solitary and most stern?
Why, what could she have done, being what she is?
Was there another Troy for her to burn?"
WB Yeats "No Second Troy"

MM Award Winner

Charon
post Mar 20 04, 08:29
Post #3

Egyptian

Member No.: 5

I too am concerned that we have not heard an update.

Butch

·······IPB·······

Beware the smile
for it hides a good time.

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post Mar 20 04, 09:55
Post #4

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 2
Referred By:Imhotep

Me too!

I hope that Dolly and David's wedding PartyFavor.gif MusicBand.gif was a GO yesterday as planned. I will try to get in touch with Dolly - but I'm hoping if she doesn't respond that it's because they're off together on their well-needed, well-deserved honeymoon resting and relaxing together! sun.gif

Thanks for your well-wishes!

GroupHug.gif
~Lori

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

LadyEvergreen865
post Apr 12 04, 18:11
Post #5

Babylonian

Member No.: 52
Writer of: Poetry

angel.gif Prayers and Blessings to both Dolly and David. Hugs and best wishes, Elaine

·······IPB·······

Athena
post Jun 3 04, 01:30
Post #6

Egyptian

Member No.: 8
Writer of: Poetry

Thanks so much to all of you who showed me so kindly that you care!

A brief update:  David and I were indeed married for "Time and All Eternity", as is our belief, on March 19, 2004.  We left the next day for our long and leisurely honeymoon ... almost four weeks!  

We first took a private room on a train 3,000 miles across the nation.  We spent a week in Ohio and Michigan so David's family and friends could get to know me a little bit.  Then we took his already packed van and drove home here to Oregon .. another 3,000 miles.

We saw so many GORgeous sights we were profoundly touched by how much love our Heavenly Father has for us to give us such a glorious land to live in!  He could have stuck us all on a barren planet, but he chose to give us magnificent varieties of flora and fauna beyond words to describe.

David has undergone his really serious surgery.  They had to remove 2 tumors instead of 1, with one of them on its way to becoming cancer.  Then from the other side of his colon they had to remove diverticuli that were almost ready to burst!  His mother died from this due to bleeding to death.

It was very extensive.  He was in hospital for 8 days and will not be able to do anything strenuous for at least 6 months.  He still has pain spasms that are horrendous.

His prescriptions alone come to over $400.00 per month and we have no insurance due to serious pre-existing health conditions.  But, we found a way to defer 25% to 80% of all our med's costs.  If anyone else wants to know how to do that, (only available in the states) just let me know.

We're doing pretty well.  Instead of a regular garden this year we're growing our flowers and vegies in pots, pots, and MORE pots!  I told my church leader we had a pot garden and he told me, "Uhhhh I think we need to have a talk!"  I quickly explained what I'd meant.  LOL

It's difficult for me to be much of a mod in here right now.  I regret to say I don't know if I ever will be able to do much in the furture either as we've begun a home business that is keeping us extrememly busy.

Thanks for all your prayers and caring.

Hugs,

Dolly

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:17

Read our FLYERS - click below

Reference links provided to aid in fine-tuning your writings. ENJOY!

more Quotes
more Art Quotes
Dictionary.com ~ Thesaurus.com

Search:
for
Type in a word below to find its rhymes, synonyms, and more:

Word: