IPB
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Suggestions regarding MM, your feedback here please
Guest_Jox_*
post Jan 30 05, 13:09
Post #21

Hi Lori et al.

I'm still searching the Net for examples. However, I'll see what I can do.

No reason the two should not run in parallel, no.

My idea is simply to create a circle with icons for each main section off.

Then each icon would lead to a second, similar circle.

The idea is to make a quick, clean interface.

I'm working on it too and have sent Lori a sketch about it.

See you all later.

James.

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page
Guest_Toumai_*
post Jan 30 05, 13:54
Post #22

Thanks, Cleo.
Looks interesting. :pharoah2
Fran

Cleo_Serapis
post Jan 30 05, 15:49
Post #23

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 2
Writer of: Poetry & Prose
Referred By:Imhotep

I've just finished adding a 'table of contents' page for each of our current chapbooks for sale in the store. I had to first create an html page for each one, and then tweak the store page to include the new code.

I think this may help better understand what works are included in each chapbook.

You can check them out at:
this link.

I've made a link next to each chapbook title.

Cheers!
~Cleo  :pharoah2

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post Feb 4 05, 17:55
Post #24

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Hi Fran!  :dance:

Imhotep added the hack (Latest Posts last 1-7 days) today to our forum board. Check it out - it's a new link right next to the 'New Posts' link...

Cool!  :cool:  :cool:  :grinning:

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

Guest_Jox_*
post Feb 4 05, 19:05
Post #25

Lori, please tell Peter thanks! This is a brilliant new addition. Far more flexible and useful.

I've tried to view the chapbook pages twice but they fail to load - may just be a slow link. Will try again tomorrow.

James.

Cleo_Serapis
post Feb 5 05, 07:17
Post #26

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

QUOTE (Jox @ Feb. 04 2005, 19:05)
Lori, please tell Peter thanks! This is a brilliant new addition. Far more flexible and useful.

I've tried to view the chapbook pages twice but they fail to load - may just be a slow link. Will try again tomorrow.

James.

I will tell him (but I found it first, LOL.gif )!

Which chapbook pages are you referring to? The new Table of Contents links? I just tried it and they work fine?

Please advise...

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Guest_Jox_*
post Feb 5 05, 07:39
Post #27

Hi Lori...

Yes I saw you found the programme modification - well done to you, too.

The link which failed to work is where you say:

"You can check them out at:
this link."

But now it is working - though takes a while to load (30secs just) may be the graphics or you may have a slow server (this one is external I think) or it may simply be the transatlantic Net is under heavy pressure - though MM main pages are ok... were slower yesterday, though when I tried. Maybe packets diverted via Japan.

So all hunky-dory. (means ok... but may be an American expression, like "ok", anyway).

emm... brain fade - need intravenous Coca-Cola. See you later.

James.

jgdittier
post Feb 17 05, 09:43
Post #28

Creative Chieftain

Group: Platinum Member
Member No.: 58
Writer of: Poetry

Dear Cleo,
Forgive my sloth in navigating around your well designed web-site.

I suppose the aspect that I like most here is the world-wide membership. That offers the chance to understand the status of poetry around the world.

As to improvement, I assume you want efforts doable by you.
The one that stands out in my mind is knitting this diverse family closer together, especially in that we're from all-over and our individual interests in poetry style vary greatly.
I find that I enjoy reading others' poetry and comments when I feel I know them more as friends than as just names. Knowing their thoughts about poetry help me greatly in commenting on their work in a way likely to be helpful to them. (I believe there are only two reasons to comment/critique a work and they are to prove the work was read and to offer comments that the writer will likely find helpful.
Knowing the writer's style I believe is critical to commenting/critiquing
so as to encourage rather than discourage him. We're all aware that this hobby has a tremendous drop out rate and should speculate on why.
My suggestion then, is find a place for each of us, if willing, to write of ourselves personally and to define where we are on the learning curve and our writing style. That would greatly help me comment to others and would hopefully eliminate my having to respond to suggestions that are inimical to my writing style.

As to staff and ability to contact, all is fine. Lori, you run a tight ship, no Titanic here.

As to what might be done differently, I again return to critiquing/commenting. I don't see them as separate in intent. For those who want other's thoughts on how to mechanically improve their poetry, I call it critique. However, those who have adopted a style removed from the mainstream benefit less from critique but still would like to know their postings are being read, and not only by peepers who read and run. Posting in Plato's produces little satisfaction.
In my opinion, I've not yet after 4 years of searching found a site where critiquing is adequately separated from nit-picking. My view is to look for the most admirable features and emphasize them. I know that when someone finds something positive to say about something I wrote (and it's detailed enough for me to know he read it carefully) I'm more likely to pick up a pencil than when my style is pointed out as lacking modernism.

I hope this helps,
Cheers    jgd    Ron

·······IPB·······

Ron Jones

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post Feb 17 05, 12:40
Post #29

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Hello Ron!  :rainbow:

Thanks for your thoughtful reply!

I see what you are asking regarding critiquing. Perhaps we could try to ask our members to post a tile in the new forum: Bard's Biographies? When I return from vacation, I'll pose this one to the staff and see if we can come up with a plan to assist in this endeavor?

I must run off at the moment - hoping you have a great day!

cheer.gif

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 15:32

Read our FLYERS - click below

Reference links provided to aid in fine-tuning your writings. ENJOY!

more Quotes
more Art Quotes
Dictionary.com ~ Thesaurus.com

Search:
for
Type in a word below to find its rhymes, synonyms, and more:

Word: