Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

IPB
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Writing Debate, following Grace's "Rose", Debate Here
Guest_Jox_*
post Jul 17 05, 04:54
Post #41

The ensuing debate has been moved to the Library - please continue there (HERE!).

NB: Grace's Rose tile is still in FreeVerse - shows up in that list but I can't get it to show up in the big list - will have to ask Lori.

Cheers, J.

Cheers, J.

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page
Guest_Nina_*
post Jul 17 05, 05:30
Post #42

Hi J

Mossy Moot? Wonderful. Such depth and fertile ground.
ooer, I don't know about that.

Nina

Guest_Jox_*
post Jul 17 05, 05:36
Post #43

N :) J.

Cleo_Serapis
post Jul 17 05, 06:49
Post #44

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 2
Writer of: Poetry & Prose
Referred By:Imhotep

Hi James.

I believe you've moved Grace's tile completely OUT of the crit forum - did you intend to do this?

~Cleo

(One can't move 'parts of a thread' - only the ENTIRE thread)

P.S. Hmmm- I see the thread in Seren's too - how did you do this? I thought one could only MOVE, not copy?

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

Guest_Jox_*
post Jul 17 05, 07:04
Post #45

Hi Lori,

No I haven't moved Grace's tile out of crit - I've copied it across. It remains there.

Grace's original tile - less this debate - is still in FreeVerse. The only slight snag is that it doesn't wish to show up in the overall listing - but does show in FreeVerse.

To Copy:

Go to "Move this topic" but opt for the topic to also remain in the original. It auto-locks.

Re-name the moved topic.

Then unlock the original.

Next, delete - by "hand" (individually) all the unwanted entries (in our case the debate). That can take a while. But it does mean we have the debate over here and Grace has a pure tile over in FreeVerse. The only one snag is I can't get Grace's original to show in the overall listing. So how can that be done, please?

Cheers, J.

Cleo_Serapis
post Jul 17 05, 07:17
Post #46

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Hi James. wave.gif

I see what you've done from my Admin CP.

You first selected "Move this tile" and in theory moved the entire thread over to the AL forum. I move threads by selecting 'Remove the topic entry and posts from source forum' and have not tried the other two options as of yet.

What you've done in this case is select "leave all posts with locked topic in source forum' instead at 5:54 - first move.

You then had to 'unlock' the topic in Seren's at 5:57 to keep it there and rename the new one at 5:56 in the other thread in AL.

Then you went back into the thread in Seren's and deleted 28 replies there (all the non-crit ones).

Not sure what you did next (or why), but I also see a move from Seren's at 6:08 and a move in Herme's at 6:09 with this thread too (but it's not really in Hermes forum anymore)? I don't see a thread in Herme's but I also do not see a thread deleted from there either?  :detective:

This is a bit of a sneaky thing with Ikonboard as it expects only ONE thread to remain, not have copies of the same thread I think.

I do not understand your Q: "The only one snag is I can't get Grace's original to show in the overall listing. So how can that be done, please?"

Which overall listing are you referring to please? I see it in Seren's and in AL..

Cheers!
~Cleo

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

Guest_Toumai_*
post Jul 17 05, 07:26
Post #47

It's not showing up in the 'latest posts', Lori - except in AL
Fran (following this with great interest)

Cleo_Serapis
post Jul 17 05, 07:58
Post #48

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

QUOTE (Toumai @ July 17 2005, 08:26)
It's not showing up in the 'latest posts', Lori - except in AL
Fran (following this with great interest)

Ahh OK! TY Fran!  Pirate.gif

BOTH threads are showing up in the 'new posts' search (DB code based only on the date of topics), but only ONE will show up in 'latest posts' search because it uses a different part of the database and thinks this is ONE thread, not two (the newly MOVED thread is the one that will show up in this search). Speechless.gif

The move topic function is not designed to be used in this manner (to make a copy of a tile).

I think it may have something to do with the fact that the 'Referrer ID' (set by the Move function) for the threads is the same in the ikonboard DB when the Latest Posts code is selected. detective.gif

The way I suggest this be done is to create a 'New Topic' (in AL in this example) and copy each reply in and state who originated each one at the beginning of the reply. Either way - BOTH are time-consuming. This way though - BOTH will show up in latest posts and new posts DB searching and not get the DB confused.

Cheers!
~Cleo  Pharoah.gif

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Guest_Jox_*
post Jul 17 05, 08:48
Post #49

Hi Lori, Fran.

What does "AL" mean, please?

You have it right, from there Lori.

I moved it in / out of R&M to try to fool the system into listing both tiles on the main list. That failed.

The suggestion will work but does have disadvantages - the whole tile looks very tedious and it takes much longer then just deleting. The only advantage I can see is it does show both in the whole list. Is there really no way Ikonboard can duplicate tiles and, given different names, register both? Obviously it is important that tiles appear in the main list. No fix-rounds available at all?

Sorry to give more work!

J.

Cleo_Serapis
post Jul 17 05, 09:31
Post #50

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

I'd have to check on that James - as far as I know - there is no "copy" available.

AL = Alexandria's Library

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Guest_Jox_*
post Jul 17 05, 09:33
Post #51

Thanks Lori.

That would be a shame.

Ta, J.

Cleo_Serapis
post Jul 17 05, 09:38
Post #52

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Depends on your POV I suppose.

Our site is unique.  :dragon:

Most forums (ikonboard or other) have one specific forum for a specific type of topic (as the code is designed to be used that way).

Here - we recommend 'non-crit' chat to be copied (and then deleted from originla thread) into another (debate) forum. It really isn't an ikonboard issue. It's our forum rules.

Wizard.gif

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Guest_Jox_*
post Jul 17 05, 10:36
Post #53

Hi Lori,

I would have thought most forums - at some time or t'other - would find the ability to copy a posting very useful. No?

J.

Cleo_Serapis
post Jul 17 05, 18:56
Post #54

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

I've sent a message to ikonboard - and Spectre over there replied (asking why would we copy the same thread to another forum) to which I replied again with details and am now awaiting his next reply....

Wall.gif

I don't think he understood my question. rofl.gif

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Guest_Jox_*
post Jul 17 05, 19:13
Post #55

LOL,

Thanks Lori!

J.

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 13:22

Read our FLYERS - click below

Reference links provided to aid in fine-tuning your writings. ENJOY!

more Quotes
more Art Quotes
Dictionary.com ~ Thesaurus.com

Search:
for
Type in a word below to find its rhymes, synonyms, and more:

Word: