Member No.: 39
Writer of: Poetry
Referred By:Larry Carr

MINGO PARK

In Mingo Park, pastoral scenes unfold,
quaint, charming, never lonely or cold;
residents greet you with a warm hello,
strolling couples reflect a tender glow
beneath autumn’s canopy of red and gold.

Sturdy benches are their stronghold,
gossip’s shared, tomorrow is foretold,
time’s infinite, the pace of life is slow
in Mingo Park.

Dreams evolve, hardly ever put on hold,
starry-eyed pursuits are mirthfully bold.
Amidst wildflowers, lover’s desires grow
under the stars on blankets lined in a row.
Precious memories are never to be sold
in Mingo Park.

·······IPB·······

Give thanks for your new friends of today, but never forget the warm hugs of your yesterdays.

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

MM Award Winner

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page
Guest_ohsteve_*
post Jan 23 09, 11:10
Post #2

John, I liked the image this protraits, who knew there were so many ryhmes for the long 'O' sound...lol. Not knowing the rules for a Rondeau I am not sure about the 'in Mingo Park' ending of the second and third stanzas. I know that it threw my smoothly reading pace off, and jarred a little. Just my take.
Steve

JLY
post Jan 23 09, 12:09
Post #3

Ornate Oracle
Group Icon

Group: Centurion

Steve,
Thanks for your comments. It may not be smooth, but I tried to follow the formula.

Every town has a "Mingo Park". This particular park is located in the town of Delaware in the State of Ohio.

JLY

·······IPB·······

Give thanks for your new friends of today, but never forget the warm hugs of your yesterdays.

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

MM Award Winner

Merlin
post Jan 23 09, 18:26
Post #4

Ornate Oracle

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 66

Congrats on taking on the rondeau form JLY. I have a few to my credit, but went back to look at the rules which I had forgotten. Yours conforms to that form.
There are a number of versions, all with some sort of repetition, which is indicative of the French forms (for Steve).

Yes, there's a park like that probably everywhere. One hears the news reports occasionally of things that happen that are not too neighborly, such as killings and beatings. Mostly, they are still peaceful places to visit.

Merlin

·······IPB·······

JLY
post Jan 26 09, 12:13
Post #5

Ornate Oracle
Group Icon

Group: Centurion

Merlin,
Thanks. I am always uneasy about attempting new forms, never knowing if I can come up with something that will measure up. Your support is helpful and I will take some more chances and continue to try new things.

I have been in a rut and I need to try new things and hopefully I will be able to create some things that might please both me and the reader.

JLY

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 19:42

Read our FLYERS - click below

Reference links provided to aid in fine-tuning your writings. ENJOY!

more Quotes
more Art Quotes
Dictionary.com ~ Thesaurus.com

Search:
for
Type in a word below to find its rhymes, synonyms, and more:

Word: