> Art Work, Looking for assistance
Charon
post Aug 20 04, 20:05
Post #1

Egyptian

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 5
Writer of: Poetry & Prose

I am looking for someone who is a member of Mosaic to do some art work for me.  I have written a book that I am going to have published.  I need a cover design plus drawings for the inside.  Does anyone have suggestions.  I have attempted to contact a couple of people however I have not received a response.

Suggestions?

Butch
aka Charon

·······IPB·······

Beware the smile
for it hides a good time.

MM Award Winner

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page
Cleo_Serapis
post Aug 21 04, 06:34
Post #2

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 2
Referred By:Imhotep

I would think Aphrodite and CarrieAnn may be able to assist Butch!

~Cleo :)

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

Charon
post Aug 21 04, 07:46
Post #3

Egyptian

I sent emails to both and did not get a response.

Charon

·······IPB·······

Beware the smile

MM Award Winner

Ephiny
post Aug 21 04, 08:50
Post #4

Creative Chieftain

Member No.: 41

Hi Butch,

Just wanted to say best of luck with it and well done..that sounds really interesting and I hope it all works out for you.

Unfortunately I wouldn't be of any help to you because art was never really my strong point!  But if I hear or think of anything I'll let you know wave.gif

·······IPB·······

Lucie

"What could have made her peaceful with a mind
That nobleness made simple as a fire,
With beauty like a tightened bow, a kind
That is not natural in an age like this,
Being high and solitary and most stern?
Why, what could she have done, being what she is?
Was there another Troy for her to burn?"
WB Yeats "No Second Troy"

MM Award Winner

LadyEvergreen865
post Aug 21 04, 09:37
Post #5

Babylonian

Member No.: 52
Writer of: Poetry

Hello Charon! wave.gif  wave.gif

What kind of artwork would you be interested in? I  have only a small amount of experience with digital art, but can work easily in oils, watercolor and pencil. There isn't a subject or theme that doesn't interest me. Most of my work tends to be rich in color, texture and realism, even if the subject matter happens to be a dragon rather than a still life.

Tell me more about your project and book. And what you envision as a cover and/or illustrations throughout. Then I can tell if I'm qualified to help you.

Talk to you soon, Elaine wave.gif

PS: email is Evergr1653@aol.com

·······IPB·······

Cleo_Serapis
post Aug 22 04, 11:24
Post #6

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Hi Butch!

I believe CarrieAnn was away? Perhaps she'll respond now?

Hi Elaine! wave.gif

I didn't know you were an artist too? We may be calling upon you in the future then! laugh.gif

Cheers!
Lori

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

LadyEvergreen865
post Aug 22 04, 12:02
Post #7

Babylonian

Member No.: 52
Writer of: Poetry

wave.gif Anytime, Lori!  :wave: Elaine

·······IPB·······

Guest_Cathy_*
post Nov 12 04, 17:02
Post #8

Just wanted to stop in and say good luck with your book.
I'm trying to write my first and it's tougher than I thought.

Again, good luck!

Cathy cheer.gif

Guest_Jox_*
post Nov 12 04, 21:23
Post #9

Hi Butch - hadn't seen this before.

I am no good whatsoever with free drawing but I do earn a bit of a crust by dabbling in graphic design. If that is any use to you please let me know.

I can either take drawings (or anything else) which you have and incorporate them into a design or create a design from scratch. Just shout if you're interested in discussing the matter. (e-mail me on gld@wtree.freeuk.com). [wtree means nothing; gld is Green Lightening Design - my mini business].

All the best, J.

Cathy - you're absolutly right! If you ever need any wallpaper I can let you have my rejection slips! On t'other hand, some people make it - so why not us? J.

Charon
post Nov 12 04, 21:54
Post #10

Egyptian

James, thank you so much.  As it wound up my wife did the art work, very weel done I must say.  

However, thank you for volunteering and I will keep you in mind in the future.

Charon

·······IPB·······

Beware the smile

MM Award Winner

Guest_Jox_*
post Nov 12 04, 22:09
Post #11

Cheers, Butch.

So have you published the book?

James.

Charon
post Nov 13 04, 08:35
Post #12

Egyptian

I received the proof on October 29th and it went to the production on the 2nd of November.  I should receive my books any day now.

Thanks for asking.  I am very excited.

Charon

·······IPB·······

Beware the smile

MM Award Winner

Charon
post Nov 13 04, 08:40
Post #13

Egyptian

Cathy,

I agree on writing a book.  Mine is a small one, just about 40 pages, with art work.  I had three different people, very knowledgeable, proof read the thing, and we still caught two errors in the proof.

The hardest thing by far was understanding all the lingo.  The next hardest thing was working with the images.

Total cost is going to be over $1300 for 200 copies.  Reprints will be a lot less.  I paid extra for speedy turnaround because it is a holiday gift for family and friends.

Good luck on your endeavor, I am currently writing another one which I am going to submit to publishers to see if they will pick it up.

Charon

·······IPB·······

Beware the smile

MM Award Winner

Guest_Jox_*
post Nov 13 04, 14:19
Post #14

It does sound exciting, yes. Good luck! I hope people appreciate their gifts.

Well, Butch, in my language, just over £3.50 per book sounds quite good value. Did you approach a printer directly and give him the feed from a computer?

James.

Charon
post Nov 13 04, 22:07
Post #15

Egyptian

I found a publisher who specializes in self publishing authors.  They are very resonable.  Name of the company is Morris Publishing and they are located here in Nebraska, Kearney to be specific.  Their web site is www.morrispublishing.com.  

Charon

·······IPB·······

Beware the smile

MM Award Winner

Guest_Jox_*
post Nov 14 04, 03:00
Post #16

Cheers Butch...

I'll...err... take a Butcher's! (Brit slang for take a look - comes from Cockney (London) rhyming slang I think - "Butcher's Pies" - eyes).

James.

Cleo_Serapis
post Nov 14 04, 08:17
Post #17

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Best of luck with your Book Butch! dance.gif

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Charon
post Nov 14 04, 09:11
Post #18

Egyptian

Cleo,

You will be getting a copy as a present from Santa.

I am going to sell the book for about six or seven dollars (depending on final costs,) with two dollars of each sale going to the Optimists, to help with children.  Hopefully we will sell a few and I can make this an annual event.  

I have talked with the local library, they want copies and want me to come to the library, read and visit with the children.  

Charon ghostface.gif

·······IPB·······

Beware the smile

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post Nov 14 04, 09:18
Post #19

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

QUOTE (Charon @ Nov. 14 2004, 09:11)
Cleo,

You will be getting a copy as a present from Santa.

I am going to sell the book for about six or seven dollars (depending on final costs,) with two dollars of each sale going to the Optimists, to help with children.  Hopefully we will sell a few and I can make this an annual event.  

I have talked with the local library, they want copies and want me to come to the library, read and visit with the children.  

Charon ghostface.gif

OOhhhhhh goodie!  :snowman:

Thank you - I look forward to seeing it since I've heard so much about it!  :reindeer:

That is wonderful about the local library too! You are a generous person - generous deeds do not go unnoticed.  :cloud9:  :xmas:

GroupHug.gif
~Cleo  :dove:

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 17:50

Read our FLYERS - click below

Reference links provided to aid in fine-tuning your writings. ENJOY!

more Quotes
more Art Quotes
Dictionary.com ~ Thesaurus.com

Search:
for
Type in a word below to find its rhymes, synonyms, and more:

Word: