Post #1

Greek

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 333
Writer of: Poetry
Referred By:Lori Kanter/IBPC

Dear Poetry Aficionados,

Poetry & Poets in Rags blog

Queen Elizabeth II's River Thames Diamond Jubilee Pageant was held on June 3 in honor of her 60 years on the throne. Poet Laureate of the United Kingdom Carol Ann Duffy invited 60 poets to each take one of the 60 years and write a poem. The last few weeks, we have linked to articles on the resulting book called Jubilee Lines. This week, we begin News at Eleven with yet another review this book, and link to where you can find all 60 poems online.

Lots of news about poetry and poets came out this week, always does. But let me jump down to our Great Regulars section, and continue highlighting poems in the news. Karl Kirshwey reads one called Reading Apuleius. The Sun brings us Small-Town Autumn, by Donna Steiner. Here's a good one with a long title: O, P, R, S (Eye/Mouth/Head/Tongue), by Katrina Vandenberg. But here's another with an even longer (inspired) title: Abecedarian Requiring Further Examination of Anglikan Seraphym Subjugation of a Wild Indian Rezervation, by Natalie Diaz. Have you read the poem, first line "it may not always be so; and i say" by E. E. Cummings recently, or yet? Here's one for our times: Angela, From Wisconsin, by Jill McDonough. And here's one as our time passes: Seventy-Two is Not Thirty-Five, by David Budbill.

There's much more in the news in all three of our sections. I'll let you get to your reading. Thanks for clicking in.

Yours,
Rus

Our Links:

IBPC: Poetry & Poets in Rags

Poetry & Poets in Rags blog

IBPC Home

~~~~~~~~~~~

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:31

Read our FLYERS - click below

Reference links provided to aid in fine-tuning your writings. ENJOY!

more Quotes
more Art Quotes
Dictionary.com ~ Thesaurus.com

Search:
for
Type in a word below to find its rhymes, synonyms, and more:

Word: