Parliament
cat food
Congress
alligator
Jumping Jehovah
catfish
Rhodes
Poets Corner

With your fantastic stories, Denis, how could we possibly bring them to a PREMATURE end, especially when you forget your MANNERS and return to use your own words without giving us a chance to fully appreciate your entry and to take up your 10-word challenge ourselves!

I have taken the matter up with your PARLIAMENT, and they have made a proclamation:

You must eat CAT FOOD for breakfast, after which you will stand before our own CONGRESS wearing ALLIGATOR shoes, and after being introduced as a violator of protocol, you must loudly utter "JUMPING JEHOVAH" ten times... and then have blackened CATFISH for lunch, after which you'll have to utilize your RHODES scholar education to produce at least two meaningful haiku and/or senryu worthy of our POETS CORNER, and then to post it here somewhere in your next entry, making it, in effect a haibun....

so don't forget!

Congress
Jumping Jehovah
catfish
manners
Poets Corner
haibun
reparations
humility
capitalization
capriciousness

·······IPB·······

Slow down; things will go faster!

MM Award Winner

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page
Rhymer
post Aug 7 20, 07:21
Post #182

Trojan

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 1,150
Writer of: Poetry

Continuation.

Congress
Jumping Jehovah
catfish
manners
Poets Corner
haiku
reparations
humility
capitalization
capriciousness

In all Humility I ask you to excuse my Capriciousness Daniel - it's long been a trait of Poets Corner poetry. Haiku? Not so sure about that as I prefer the more descriptive style of composition to that of the Haiku or? Whatever..
Of course you must have noticed, when replying - using your ten words, I employ Capitalisation of the words used. This is not only a help to myself, but also ensures you, the reader, notes their usage. In all my writings, I try to display good Manners be it to You, Sylvia or perhaps Jumping Jehovah - who is often used by myself, as a expletive when my hard earned work goes for a walk-about! Far too frequently of late. This is the time I would go fishing for Catfish to make Reparations for my ill mannered eruptions, but our local river, The Trent - has no such resident species. A trait I seem to have acquired from watching too much of the CBS News on the antics of your Congress.

As a show of my penance, will the following qualify as a Haiku? Don’t be nasty in your critique Daniel!
Psyche - in lower case you note - is used here as a noun - not a sobriquet. Rhymer.

Summer Haiku.

Summer reflections
in blank verse, poetry, prose
food for my psyche.

Rhymer. Aug 7th, 2020.Poets Corner

reparations
humility
capitalization
capriciousness
Poets Corner
Poseidon
Atlas
psychic
crumbs
catastrophic

JustDaniel
post Aug 7 20, 12:57
Post #183

Ornate Oracle

Member No.: 6
Referred By:Lori

humility
reparations
catastrophic
Poseidon
Atlas
capitalization
crumbs
psychic
Poets Corner
capriciousness

You have demonstrated ample HUMILITY in your REPARATIONS, according to the monitor from your Parliament, so I will forgive your only writing one senryu (haiku would have not only the seasonal reference that you utilize, but also have a nature-world feel to it) instead of the prescribed two minimum. (You also did not use "haibun" but I'll re-include that on my new list, as you may have copied the list before I modified "haiku" into "haibun") The shortfalls are not CATASTROPHIC, and besides, the monitor holds the trump card, and, quite honestly, though he doesn't have a trident, like POSEIDON, he does look uncomfortably like ATLAS, so I ain't gonna argue with him!

Your senryu is actually a very creditable piece, though your CAPITALIZATION of "summer" in inappropriate, since it is not a proper noun in most circles. Also, neither haiku nor senryu have titles, but I'm not faulting you over such CRUMBS. I don't suspect that you have PSYCHIC abilities, so if you hadn't studied these particular poetic forms in your POETIC CORNER, I can't expect you to be conversant with such things! One other thing, "blank verse" technically refers not only to verse without rhyme, but especially to verse that uses iambic pentameter (which of course no one can do in senryu or haiku), so perhaps "free" might have been a better choice... and of course there should not be a period (.). By the way, these forms do not need to have 5-7-5 syllables, and in fact, LESS is preferred by aficionados.

You might have written (and perhaps a bit verbose, but with a wry wink?) something like this:

summer reflection
in thoughts sans reason nor rhyme
food for my psyche

If you had included this and perhaps another ku interspersed within and/or concluding your piece, your prose would have been with CAPRICIOUSNESS transformed into a haibun. https://www.writersdigest.com/write-better-...ems-poetic-form deLightingly, Daniel sun.gif

reparations
humility
capitalization
capriciousness
haibun
fallacious
interrogation
ten-gallon hat
barrister
pantaloons

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Rhymer
post Aug 8 20, 07:46
Post #184

Trojan

[size="4
Quite frankly Daniel, I couldn't give a monkey's kiss whether I wrote a Haiku or in some other format. Having been to Japan and experienced much of their culture - forgotten most of what it was like back 70 years ago, - the chances are, it is likely very much like our Western Culture: gone to Hell in a handcart as the saying goes, or at least, going there! Yes I do know what a Hailun is, though it would seem MM's spell checker doesn't! I hope Sylvia can pick up on this for I have some very urgent personal business to attend to, that precludes my writing much more on this site for some time to come. I might be able to squeeze in a posting - barring complaints - or a Chapter later but it won't be soon. Added to my very busy schedule I have to get after my Internet provider as my E-mail side of it, has been kaput for over a week now, and I have urgent correspondence to attend to. Some of my e-mail friends will think I’m away on the River Styx trip, to join the recent departures. My small circle of Friends is shrinking far too quickly for my liking of late.

Incidentally there's one thing that always concerns me where poetry is concerned. (Too many) Experts rile me! They, who have the thought "they" are the qualified ones who can critique and often do, tell me I have not stuck to the set format/formula and forthwith proceed to re-write my poetry!! I like all to understand, my writing is and always has been, how I see life, and how I want to ‘describe’ personal incidents, thoughts and feelings, and to hell with the “format" unless I am experimenting or, ‘having a ‘go’ - at attempting a new arrangement. As one who has admired Shakespeare and his many talents, I am well aware of the differences in Free Verse: Blank Verse and whatever you care to mention. But who cares? Not me! I enjoy writing in whichever format I think most appropriate. I let the topic find whichever format suits it best. However, if and when the shoe is on the other foot? Brother do they get upset! I can fault many postings I read, but exercise good manners and restraint and move on without comment!
Truth is, I'm too damned old and far too stubborn to allow myself to be unduly bothered by it. and ignore most, if not all of such twaddle. I am one who has made his own way in this world. Either accepting what I cannot change, or work around it. However, I do generally let the Critic know. If all goes well? I’ll be back later. Rhymer.

PS: Incidentally, despite all, I have a very large - shall we say “band of Followers” all around the world. Average weekly readership of my poetry on another site exceeds a thousand reads! For me? That is what counts. Ciao for now Denis.
[/size]

JustDaniel
post Aug 8 20, 09:59
Post #185

Ornate Oracle

Well I don't give a monkey's ass either. I'm out of here permanently.

Tired of your shit in face of all my kindness.

Bye

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Rhymer
post Aug 8 20, 12:05
Post #186

Trojan

I just hope you don't display the same degree of kindness ( not the word I would use) you have shown me Daniel. You must be a very lonely man. Have fun wherever you go.

JustDaniel
post Aug 9 20, 03:20
Post #187

Ornate Oracle

Denis, I must apologize and ask you to forgive me for swearing in my previous remarks to you. I've NEVER sworn on this site before, so far as I know. I've embarrassed myself with my outburst.

However, I will not return to this 10 word adventure with you, not because of your lengthy, engaging, sweeping and extremely interesting stories, because I have ALWAYS LOVED THEM.

It's because of your snide remarks to me, your condescending words, your know-it-all remarks to my attempts to encourage, assist, resolve misunderstandings, cajole you, and walking-on-eggshells lest I somehow or another offend, upset or disturb your sensitivities somehow, or not follow your expectations about the stories that I OUGHT to produce... stories that were humorous, care-free, silly, inconsistent with previous entries LONG BEFORE YOU ARRIVED in the thread. I simply can't take your attitude and ability to be so quickly and easily offended by just about anything that I say... and also for never apologizing for the number of times you've been wrong.

sLightly disappointed with myself, Daniel sun.gif

P.S. As to your concern about MM's red-underling of words, indicating that they're somehow wrong, you might utilize that feature yourself, since virtually EVERY entry of yours has had a minimum of two to three typos / misspellings (and not merely differences between American and Brit English).

P.P.S. Your remark that I must be a lonely man HURT ME DEEPLY, STRIKING TO MY HEART! It was the most unkind thing that ANYONE HAS EVER SAID TO ME on this site.... EVER. You do not know me at all, Denis, and in our interchanges here you've not made any effort do know me, while I've reached out to you with great interest in you, your current situation, your wife and how her situation is affecting and is likely to affect you even more; your career, your garden with all your work and creations and creativity, your previous jobs and all your world-travels. You've not reached out to know a thing about me, but rather have taken snipes at me over and over. I've simply been worn down by it all. I'm old too, and there's only so much I can take.

Best wishes to you and your wonderful wife. I hope also that you'll be able to get your computer situation resolved so that you can get on comfortably reading and writing your poetry and be able to continue your email correspondence. Only the best to you.

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Psyche
post Aug 9 20, 16:10
Post #188

Ornate Oracle
Group Icon

Group: Praetorian
Member No.: 78
Writer of: Poetry & Prose
Referred By:David Ting

QUOTE (JustDaniel @ Aug 7 20, 14:57 ) *
humility
reparations
catastrophic
Poseidon
Atlas
capitalization
crumbs
psychic
Poets Corner
capriciousness

You have demonstrated ample HUMILITY in your REPARATIONS, according to the monitor from your Parliament, so I will forgive your only writing one senryu (haiku would have not only the seasonal reference that you utilize, but also have a nature-world feel to it) instead of the prescribed two minimum. (You also did not use "haibun" but I'll re-include that on my new list, as you may have copied the list before I modified "haiku" into "haibun") The shortfalls are not CATASTROPHIC, and besides, the monitor holds the trump card, and, quite honestly, though he doesn't have a trident, like POSEIDON, he does look uncomfortably like ATLAS, so I ain't gonna argue with him!

Your senryu is actually a very creditable piece, though your CAPITALIZATION of "summer" in inappropriate, since it is not a proper noun in most circles. Also, neither haiku nor senryu have titles, but I'm not faulting you over such CRUMBS. I don't suspect that you have PSYCHIC abilities, so if you hadn't studied these particular poetic forms in your POETIC CORNER, I can't expect you to be conversant with such things! One other thing, "blank verse" technically refers not only to verse without rhyme, but especially to verse that uses iambic pentameter (which of course no one can do in senryu or haiku), so perhaps "free" might have been a better choice... and of course there should not be a period (.). By the way, these forms do not need to have 5-7-5 syllables, and in fact, LESS is preferred by aficionados.

You might have written (and perhaps a bit verbose, but with a wry wink?) something like this:

summer reflection
in thoughts sans reason nor rhyme
food for my psyche

If you had included this and perhaps another ku interspersed within and/or concluding your piece, your prose would have been with CAPRICIOUSNESS transformed into a haibun. https://www.writersdigest.com/write-better-...ems-poetic-form deLightingly, Daniel sun.gif

reparations
humility
capitalization
capriciousness
haibun
fallacious
interrogation
ten-gallon hat
barrister
pantaloons

The barrister strode into the courtroom wearing a ten-gallon hat and yellow pantaloons. He was not at all humble, anybody could tell by the robes he wore. He began his interrogation of the accused person in a capricious and fallacious manner.
The lady judge asked him to step up to her high desk and ordered him to present a written manuscript of all his presumptuous questions and other evidence he hadn't acquired in court.
The silly man wrote everything capitalized, a most 'ornery way of expressing himself. He was only slightly literate, but he ended his manuscript with a haibun:

My lovely lady
you flowering blossom wisdom
justice will prevail

The lady judge smirked at his cajoling manner and dreadful haibun. She adjourned the session till the next week and banged her wooden hammer angrily.
unsure.gif Juggle.gif Read.gif

reparations
capriciousness
humble
barrister
haibun
knight templars
squeaky
willow tree
gasp
kidneys

·······IPB·······

Mis temas favoritos

The Lord replied, my precious, precious child, I love you and I would never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you.

"There is no life higher than the grasstops
Or the hearts of sheep, and the wind
Pours by like destiny, bending
Everything in one direction."

Sylvia Plath, Crossing the Water, Wuthering Heights.

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

MM Award Winner

JustDaniel
post Aug 9 20, 22:45
Post #189

Ornate Oracle

humble
barrister
reparations
haibun
capriciousness
gasp
kidneys
knights templar
squeaky
willow tree

The HUMBLED BARRISTER made REPARATIONS with this written HAIBUN:

I had filled the court with my CAPRICIOUSNESS, causing onlookers to GASP. I was making it difficult for your KIDNEYS and intestines to process all of the waste product that you, Fair Judge, had observed from me. I certainly was not doing battle in the skill of the esteemed KNIGHTS TEMPLAR. I hope that you will accept my deep apology and offer me a SQUEAKY-clear slate.
a pile left
beneath the WILLOW TREE
no poo-pooing bench

knights templar
squeaky
willow tree
gasp
kidneys
rice
cantaloupe
knee pads
breakfast
riposte

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Psyche
post Aug 10 20, 16:23
Post #190

Ornate Oracle
Group Icon

Very funny, Daniel. I'll do the word challenges now, don't think I can manage the story today. What a shame you and Denis get on badly. I didn't interfere, would only make matters worse.
Hope your knee and all health issues are much better, keep safe, Sylvia

·······IPB·······

Mis temas favoritos

The Lord replied, my precious, precious child, I love you and I would never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you.

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

MM Award Winner

JustDaniel
post Aug 10 20, 20:18
Post #191

Ornate Oracle

I'm sorry too, Sylvia. I bent over backwards to accommodate, and I hope that he returns after the matters that he's currently tending to. I love his stories. I didn't love being expected to follow in his suit. I've ALWAYS written with humor, and only occasionally something serious. The challenge of adding five words makes writing a serious story something of a prodigious task unless you have the kind of broad life experience over 80 plus years that he has. Will look forward to your next episode. Daniel sun.gif

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Psyche
post Aug 12 20, 19:19
Post #192

Ornate Oracle
Group Icon

Hi Daniel, yes, Denis has travelled and worked all over the world. His stories are very good, but I can't match them, even tho' I've also travelled plenty during my lifetime.
As usual, I finished the word challenges and don't think I'll do the story tonight. Maybe, after supper.
Keep safe, Sylvia

·······IPB·······

Mis temas favoritos

MM Award Winner

Rhymer
post Aug 15 20, 06:50
Post #193

Trojan

My Squeaky boots were stilled as I stood behind a Willow Tree on hearing the sound of a trumpet, sounding across the hills. Giving a nervous Gasp for surely this was the warning sound of the Knights Templar when charging into battle? I prepared to hike myself post haste from my cover, should my first impression prove true. But hold on! There was something vaguely unfamiliar in the sound. A squelching sound - like a Cantaloupe landing slap dab in a bowl of sloppy Rice pudding! I gulped at the thought, for it reminded me in some ways of an earlier occasion. In fact, a Breakfast, when my Chef was angry at me for some insulting Riposte I had made about his cooking. To get his own back, he fried my breakfast pig Kidneys in a thick garlic sauce, on the very day I was about to meet my 'In Laws to be' for the first time. Phewee! Those Kidneys had been cooked bullet hard - much as walnuts in their shell would have been. The garlic added a distinct taste, which was all well and good for keeping mosquitos at bay, but I doubt the smell of my garlic laden breath would endear me to my future In Laws - Sylvia and Daniel - with whom I had arranged to meet later in their garden. In preparation for which, I had donned leather Knee Pads. My thinking being that if I simply fell forward on my knees in a manner they’d think obeisance, they might not judge me too harshly for the rather strong smell on my breath. There was no guarantee I could stay down wind of them, so precautions had to be taken! Being a little apprehensive as to their reaction I was over joyed to see a smile cross their faces as I bowed on bended knee to greet them. As I knelt there, following executing my plan - on my knee pads - I saw their smiles became wider until guffaws from Daniel had him and Sylvia doubled up in laughter! In the ribaldry that followed, all ill feelings were forgotten and we picked up where life and living as befits civil folks. So ended the Denis.

gasp
kidneys
rice
cantaloupe
knee pads
Turves - plural of Turf in my language.
Murderous
Villain
Beggars
Donkey

After days of my floundering around trying to get some normality back into my life - stressful to say the least - a degree of busy normality has returned to my days. Help from a good (younger) friend and his wife who, without criticism or lecture, coming unexpectedly to my aid yesterday, I'm back on level turf without unwanted angst interfering in my intentions. If and when one gets to my age, even a little upset in routine can prove disastrous. as it did when I had a spate of unwanted and unexpected happenings that did little, but arouse my ire? Suffice it to say, my 'pot' boiled over! Even the smallest of perceived contretemps can trigger a fast reaction! Such is my nature.

As I remarked earlier, writing of all kinds, is like body language to me, and I react accordingly. Today, after some in depth consideration, I conclude that a new computer is next on my wish list. I neither bear grudges nor dwell on ill happenings. Water under the bridge as they say, is well downstream and fading fast from sight and my life. However, Mother Nature and other events, overloaded my fuse and the result? I sure can and will explode when I determine it is required! At the moment I am limping along on a ten year old Asus computer - full of older versions of programmes with limited capabilities but considering all the tasks it has performed expertly, earlier? It's coping far better than I ever imagined! Shades of my Youthful 80's? Now to see what Desktop Computers are on offer - no Windows 10 for me! Onward and upward! Hope you have a great day as I pick up and refresh 'basics' thought no longer needed. Ciao, Denis.

Psyche
post Aug 15 20, 15:06
Post #194

Ornate Oracle
Group Icon

gasp
kidneys
rice
cantaloupe
knee pads
turves (turf)
murderous
villain
beggars
donkey

For supper, my daughter Diana prepared a spicey rice dish with chopped and fried kidneys, carrots, onion, garlic, cantaloupes and a variety of other ingredients. We all ate as if we were starving beggars.
Later I had the misfortune of taking a pebbled road instead of the green turf surrounding the main buildings. I was rushed off to hospital and in the ER, after x-rays and some tests, the injury turned out to be relatively minor. I was prescriped knee pads and physical therapy, under the guidance of a specialist.
Misfortunes never seem to come alone, because the day after, when I was trying out my knee pads whilst walking down a shady lane, gingerly, I was stopped by a murderous villain, who not only removed my knee pads at gun point, he also took all my money, my watch, earings and my sports gear, leaving me almost naked and far from home.
Right then, I saw an old donkey hitched to a signpost, apparently abandoned. Seeing nobody nearby, I rode home on a similar humble animal as the one that Jesus chose to ride triumphantly into Jerusalem. There were no disciples or crowds adorning me with flowers or a wreath of green leaves, but I arrived safely home, albeit chrestfallen, poorer and tired.

beggar
kidneys
gasp
turf
murderous
swimming
Chilean Altiplano
congress
Walt Whitman
River Styx

·······IPB·······

Mis temas favoritos

MM Award Winner

Rhymer
post Aug 16 20, 07:04
Post #195

Trojan

beggar
kidneys
gasp
turf
murderous
swimming
Chilean Altiplano
congress
Walt Whitman
River Styx

As I slowly recovered from my ordeal, my doctor suggested a short stay in the Chilean Altiplano might be a good place to recover my mental health. A place high up that allowed me to stretch out on its Turf and relax, and where hopefully, I could forget the Murderous Beggar who, without pity, left me to Gasp my last breath. An infection in my Kidneys as a result of my exposure to the elements on my ride home, was slow to improve, and I still had a distance to go before I was fully recovered. This despite hours of therapeutical Swimming in the local pool, and not the River Styx as the thief had hoped. Having earlier chatted with Walt Whitman and telling of my earth shattering experience - traumatic to say the least - he had promised to bring this matter before Congress, so that lighting and security along that dangerous highway could be improved. After some thought, I decided this would be my next move. A spell in the Altiplano, where the Eagles soar and the Alpaca roam, sounded ideal. So off I went, to see what he had said would prove true and beneficial. Sayonara. Rhymer.

Vultures
Llama
Andean Alps
Tequila
Cactus
swimming
Chilean Altiplano
congress
Walt Whitman
River Styx

JustDaniel
post Aug 16 20, 09:23
Post #196

Ornate Oracle

Tequila
Cactus
Walt Whitman
River Styx
Chilean Altiplano
swimming
llama
Andean Alps
congress
vultures

Gathering my supplies and the three bottles of TEQUILA that I'd hidden among the CACTUS, and a booklet of poems by WALT WHITMAN and a copy of RIVER STYX Journal, with thoughts of the CHILEAN ALTIPLANO SWIMMING in my head, I loaded up my trusty LLAMA and headed to the ANDEAN ALPS. No more would I be worrying about what was going on in CONGRESS with all of its VULTURES. I'm looking forward to a little mental quietude.

swimming
Chilean Altiplano
congress
Walt Whitman
River Styx
apple blossoms
compilation
volumes
entrepreneur
scandalous

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Rhymer
post Aug 16 20, 13:43
Post #197

Trojan

Of course what I had forgotten in my desire to seek the solitude of the Andean Alps - clearly seen from the Chilean Altiplano, was a herd of Alpacas. They being inquisitive as they are, came to see who I was, and what I might be doing? Standing in a ring around the Cactus I was using as a wind break for my tent quarters - set up near the lake , and chosen because I had anticipated beginning my day with a morning of lazy Swimming - great therapy at any time - but very beneficial for me under the circumstances. From here in the lake I, floating in its cool waters, could watch circling Vultures. A colony of same, nested in tall trees further down the lake, where the River Styx begins its long journey to the Pacific Ocean. It was nicknamed so, by locals because so many drowned in its waters every year. Actually the river, Rio Llizan. is the mythical river Styx which legnd has it, we cross when the Grim Reaper comes calling. Many drowned in its waters. due to inebriation - understandably so, when one notes the effect Tequila and the thin atmosphere of this elevated plateau, has on someone not born to a high altitude. Upon my hearing the Alpacas, munching on the tough grass, I being somewhat startled by the noise, looked up from my volume of verse, and was surprised to see a crowd of them, and my trusty Llama, had quietly surrounded me. My Llama, stood out as would Walt Whitman in a Cistercian Monastery! Being reassured by their quietude, I decided to I nuzzle ‘two fingers’ of Tequila before boredom with the verse overtook me. Later I fell asleep, and in the arms of Morpheus, I dreamt of all the in-fighting and rhetorical clap-trap being spewed out in Congress, with the Presidential Election upcoming! Enough BS to grow the finest grass on any elevated pasture. No matter how poor the soil! Sleeping the sleep of the innocent, I dreamed of returning home and obtaining revenge on my attacker.

Vultures
Llama
Andean Alps
Tequila
Swimming
Alpacas
Cistercian
Pacific
Volcano
Rapids

Psyche
post Aug 16 20, 14:11
Post #198

Ornate Oracle
Group Icon

QUOTE (Rhymer @ Aug 16 20, 09:04 ) *
beggar
kidneys
gasp
turf
murderous
swimming
Chilean Altiplano
congress
Walt Whitman
River Styx

As I slowly recovered from my ordeal, my doctor suggested a short stay in the Chilean Altiplano might be a good place to recover my mental health. A place high up that allowed me to stretch out on its Turf and relax, and where hopefully, I could forget the Murderous Beggar who, without pity, left me to Gasp my last breath. An infection in my Kidneys as a result of my exposure to the elements on my ride home, was slow to improve, and I still had a distance to go before I was fully recovered. This despite hours of therapeutical Swimming in the local pool, and not the River Styx as the thief had hoped. Having earlier chatted with Walt Whitman and telling of my earth shattering experience - traumatic to say the least - he had promised to bring this matter before Congress, so that lighting and security along that dangerous highway could be improved. After some thought, I decided this would be my next move. A spell in the Altiplano, where the Eagles soar and the Alpaca roam, sounded ideal. So off I went, to see what he had said would prove true and beneficial. Sayonara. Rhymer.

Vultures
Llama
Andean Alps
Tequila
Cactus
swimming
Chilean Altiplano
congress
Walt Whitman
River Styx

On our last visit to Chile, we drove up to the country's Altiplano, which is high and extremely dry. During a walk in the searing heat, we saw a vulture fly down and grasp with it's long claws some dead lambs, whose remains had been left under some cacti. Both vultures and the mighty condor are carrion eaters. It was a horrible sight, but it's Nature's way of cleaning up, far better than humankind's devastation.
While we were exploring the Andean Cordillera (Alps for the English speaking countries), we saw beautiful specimens of llamas, whose wool sells for a high price. Later, we went swimming in one of the many glacier lakes, where the icy water called for us to have a strong tequila with fried fish at a local bar in Valparaiso.
The Chilean Congress had just issued a total lockdown due to the pandemic, so it was impossible to return home to Buenos Aires. By some good fortune, the library in Santiago, where we'd driven to during our visit, is excellent. I read Walt Whitman's Leaves of Grass for the umpteenth time. All the Greek plays and myths were available, so I delved into them as well. I read more about the Greek warriors, heroes, kings, princes and so on, being sent to the underworld Hades with coins on their eyes, to pay the hoary oarsman to cross them in his boat over the River Styx. The tales are so well told, that I could almost hear the ferocious barking of the three headed dog, Cerberous.
Finally, an Aerolineas Argentinas plane repatriated us, so I'm back in Patagonia, enjoying the long, snowy Winter.

Congress
vultures
tequila
swimming
cactus
bicycle
Egypt
Honolulu
emoticons
Juan Diego Florez

·······IPB·······

Mis temas favoritos

MM Award Winner

JustDaniel
post Aug 16 20, 15:16
Post #199

Ornate Oracle

OK NEVER MIND... I'M INVISIBLE Looks to me like things aren't over the bridge and down the river!

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Psyche
post Aug 16 20, 15:50
Post #200

Ornate Oracle
Group Icon

QUOTE (JustDaniel @ Aug 16 20, 17:16 ) *
OK NEVER MIND... I'M INVISIBLE Looks to me like things aren't over the bridge and down the river!

I don't understand, Daniel. I answered using the last 10 words. Did I miss something?
Will see again tomorrow. You can continue with the words I left and I'll check what happened when I have time.
Sorry, not intentional, Sylvia

·······IPB·······

Mis temas favoritos

MM Award Winner

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

18 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 12 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 01:43

Read our FLYERS - click below

Reference links provided to aid in fine-tuning your writings. ENJOY!

more Quotes
more Art Quotes
Dictionary.com ~ Thesaurus.com

Search:
for
Type in a word below to find its rhymes, synonyms, and more:

Word: