> Quality of stuff
ChrisHarvest
post Nov 7 15, 00:23
Post #1

Nomad

Group: Silver Member
Member No.: 5,281
Writer of: Poetry

Transvestites have been stealing in my area for over 15 years. Today I met one in a store isle, he said his hello and excuse me before grabbing two boxes of diapers and strolling out the door.

Back at my friends' home, I drank and listened to music with 6 adults, 4 dogs, and 3 kids. Bored, we live standard lives. My foot hurts and the chairs ain't comfortable, but this is what it feels like to grow old.

M. broke his foot, E. has to stop drinking caffeine due to her heart, J. has his neurological problems, J. smokes pot to suppress his manic depression, B. has constant migraines, and I broke my toe.

I stopped drinking caffeine over 5 years ago because I didn't want to have a stroke.

It was a nice night and I want to have more.

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page
Eisa
post Nov 8 15, 19:32
Post #2

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Group: Praetorian
Member No.: 12
Referred By:Lori

QUOTE (ChrisHarvest @ Nov 7 15, 05:23 ) *
Transvestites have been stealing in my area for over 15 years. Today I met one in a store isle, he said his hello and excuse me before grabbing two boxes of diapers and strolling out the door.

Back at my friends' home, I drank and listened to music with 6 adults, 4 dogs, and 3 kids. Bored, we live standard lives. My foot hurts and the chairs ain't comfortable, but this is what it feels like to grow old.

M. broke his foot, E. has to stop drinking caffeine due to her heart, J. has his neurological problems, J. smokes pot to suppress his manic depression, B. has constant migraines, and I broke my toe.

I stopped drinking caffeine over 5 years ago because I didn't want to have a stroke.

It was a nice night and I want to have more.

Hi Chris,

Welcome to MM, Its good to see you here.

I really like the 'down to earth' tone of your 'stream of thoughts'. It's quite thought provoking really and made me smile - yet made me sad. We're all growing older with a variety of health problem.

Thank you for sharing
Eira

·······IPB·······

Live one day at a time -it's simpler that way.
Laugh loud & often - it's medicinal.
Write from the heart - it's therapeutic.
Beauty comes from within - the outer is just skin!

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more details, click here!

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post Nov 10 15, 11:22
Post #3

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 2
Writer of: Poetry & Prose
Referred By:Imhotep

Hi Chris and welcome! PartyFavor.gif

I love your opening line! It made me want to read on to see if you make any metaphors and such. I am not familiar with this type of writing but I did find it thought-provoking.

I look forward to reading more of your work!

Cheers,
~Cleo Pharoah.gif

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

JustDaniel
post Dec 2 15, 09:25
Post #4

Ornate Oracle

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 6
Referred By:Lori

Greetings, Chris, and welcome to MM. Sorry I'm late; I have not visited this section for some time... so long I'd become unfamiliar with it... which is one of the side effects of MY age (70).

I can certainly identify with some of the conversation here for that reason as well.

I'll look forward to reading more of you and sharing in your interaction with others.

deLighting in the process, Daniel sun.gif

·······IPB·······

Slow down; things will go faster!

MM Award Winner

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 20:38

Read our FLYERS - click below

Reference links provided to aid in fine-tuning your writings. ENJOY!

more Quotes
more Art Quotes
Dictionary.com ~ Thesaurus.com

Search:
for
Type in a word below to find its rhymes, synonyms, and more:

Word: