Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

IPB

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hi there.., New member here
Guest_ferns_*
post Jul 13 05, 11:30
Post #1

dance.gif   Me doing the happy dance.  So happy to find this site!  I heard about it from Dani (zeus?)  Haven't got the old names I knew from PK yet, so forgive me if I stumble a bit.  I am ferns (susan) and I love poets and poetry.  We are unique, aren't we?  Live in N. Cal in the Redwoods with my DH, 1 dog and 1 cat.  I do medical transcription to pay for the house and cars, but my real passions are quilting and poetry.  I believe I belong in the prose or free verse category, perhaps y'all can help me figure that out.  Looking forward to meeting and getting to know you all.  

Best regards,

ferns

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page
Guest_Jox_*
post Jul 13 05, 11:47
Post #2

Hi Susan,

Just a formal welcome to MM and a thank-you for posting this helpful intro.

I've sent you a PM of welcome too - you'll find it in your message system.

>S>(Zeus?)

"Zeus2" is Larry. Dani is known on here as “Siren.”  Larry is in NE USA and Dani in Saudi Arabia.

>S>Haven't got the old names I knew from PK yet, so forgive me if I stumble a bit.

I do that all the time!

>S>I am ferns (Susan) and I love poets and poetry.  We are unique, aren't we?

Many people have said I'm unique but the stick in their hand and guard dog at their feet don't quite seem that friendly! :)

>S>Live in N. Cal in the Redwoods with my DH, 1 dog and 1 cat.  I do medical transcription to pay for the house and cars,

Sounds a lovely part of the World. There are some "redwood" trees not too far from here but I'm certain they are not the spectacular ones you have there.

>S>but my real passions are quilting and poetry.

You're at the right place - we're certainly a patchwork quilt of writers!

>S>I believe I belong in the prose or free verse category, perhaps y'all can help me figure that out.

You post and we'll comment. If you post in the "wrong" forum we can easily move it for you so don't worry at first. Actually Ron (JGD) and I are having a debate / discussion about what is free verse poetry and what is prose. He can tell you his take but my take is "it's a poem if the writer says it is" - so you choose what to call your work but when you post people will be happy to tell you their opinions, too.

>S>Looking forward to meeting and getting to know you all.

Thanks for this, Susan.

James.

Guest__*
post Jul 13 05, 11:49
Post #3

Dear Susan,

Nice to have you on board !

PK = Poetry Kingdom ? I think I was there for a while, but the minimalists kept shaking me for every word I wrote that they considered too many. Which I guess was most of them ....

We are not at all like that here at MM, we crit with gentleness and building UP !

Let's have a look at your stuff, the first 2 poetry forums are fo rrhymed & fixed form, then for free verse.

Love
Alan

Guest_Zeus˛_*
post Jul 13 05, 11:54
Post #4

Hi Susan,

good to see you again and welcome to MM.Yes some old friends here
from PK with some new names.

Larry (z man king.gif )

Guest_Nina_*
post Jul 13 05, 12:08
Post #5

Hi Susan

It is lovely to have you join the site and I'm looking forward to reading your work when you post.

James summed us up quite well when he said we are a patchwork quilt of writers.  If you want to find out more about us, many of us have posted our biogs in Bards Biographies http://forums.mosaicmusings.net/cgi-bin....SF;f=52  Feel free to add your own story.

Just one question - what does DH stand for.  I have been trying unsuccessfully to work out what you mean.

Have fun

Nina

Guest_Jox_*
post Jul 13 05, 12:13
Post #6

Hi Susan, Nina...

My guess was "dearest husband" - but it depends - could be more critical! :)

J.

Guest_ferns_*
post Jul 13 05, 12:13
Post #7

Hi ya, Jox..I already love your sense of humor..we will be great friends.....Thanks for the welcome and I will be posting soon.  I just entered on in the Flash thingy....

TTYL
ferns

Guest_Jox_*
post Jul 13 05, 12:15
Post #8

Thanks Susan,

Sounds excellent.

Will have a read of your posting as soon as I can.

Cheers, James.

Guest_ferns_*
post Jul 13 05, 12:15
Post #9

Dear Susan,

Nice to have you on board !   Thanks Alan!

PK = Poetry Kingdom ? I think I was there for a while, but the minimalists kept shaking me for every word I wrote that they considered too many. Which I guess was most of them ....

I remember that.  Now, how in the world could there be too many words?  

We are not at all like that here at MM, we crit with gentleness and building UP !

I can see that from the little bit I have read.  Nice to be in the company of reasonable people..Afterall,l our poet egos are very delicate, doncha know?

Let's have a look at your stuff, the first 2 poetry forums are fo rrhymed & fixed form, then for free verse.

Thanks again, Alan, you can read on in the flash thingy..

Love
Alan

Guest_ferns_*
post Jul 13 05, 12:18
Post #10

Hi Susan,   Hey LARRRY!! I remember you!   I feel like I just came home after a long time away and the welcome has been so warm!

good to see you again and welcome to MM.Yes some old friends here
from PK with some new names.

Yes, sorry, I confused you with Dani.  I know you will forgive me, right?  Where are your poems, Larry? I want to check em out.

Best regards,
ferns
Larry (z man

Guest_ferns_*
post Jul 13 05, 12:20
Post #11

Jox & Nina

Jox, you are right on...DH= dear husband....(said thru pinched lips at times, though)

:O  don't tell him I said that, okay?

Nina:  We've met and it is a pleasure.  I have been into a couple of your poems.  Nice to see you here and thanks again for the welcome...

Best regards,

ferns/susan   I answer to either....

Guest_Nina_*
post Jul 13 05, 12:36
Post #12

Hi Susan, James

thanks James for explaining DH to me.  LOL, not the usual words I use to describe my husband  :laugh:

Nina:  We've met and it is a pleasure.
ditto

I have been into a couple of your poems.
thanks, your comments on Shadows on the Edge were much appreciated.  I hope you enjoyed the others as well.

Nice to see you here and thanks again for the welcome...
urmmm, you will see me a lot on here.   grinning.gif  I errr, live here  :pharoah2

Nina

Cleo_Serapis
post Jul 13 05, 17:39
Post #13

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 2
Writer of: Poetry & Prose
Referred By:Imhotep

Hi Susan wave.gif and a formal WELCOME TO THE MOSAIC! Newbie.gif PartyFavor.gif Balloons.gif!

So glad you were sent our way (sweet Dani  :cloud9: , she is)!

I'm sure once you get aquainted with MM and our forums, you'll fancy a few, but I DO hope we'll see you in Prose and challenge forums too!  :cheer:

You'll soon come to know old friends and new ones too...

GroupHug.gif

~Cleo  :dance:  :sings:

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

Guest_Toumai_*
post Jul 14 05, 04:44
Post #14

Hi Susan,  wave.gif

Hey, I'm late to the party again - but that's usual  turtle.gif  Balloons.gif

Lovely to meet you, and I hope to be back later (asap) to read your flash and poem.  

Hope you're finding your feet, and look forward to seeing more of you.

Cheers,

Fran Reindeer.gif

Arnfinn
post Jul 14 05, 07:59
Post #15

Creative Chieftain
Group Icon

Group: Centurion
Member No.: 17
Writer of: Poetry

Hi Susan,

I've met you already in my thread.

Please take your time to get around the site and enjoy yourself.

You'll find this a very pleasant relaxed and friendly literary site that caters for all tastes.

John

·······IPB·······

Arnfinn

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more details, click here!

MM Award Winner

JustDaniel
post Jul 18 05, 11:21
Post #16

Ornate Oracle

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 6
Writer of: Poetry
Referred By:Lori

Hey, Susan...

I virtually never come to this newsy chat spot on this site, but I noted you're here, so I decided to say hey too!

Now... what is a DH?  I know Dan isn't your Designated Hitter, so I'm befuddled.

Lightly, Daniel  :sun:

P.S.  I'm surely love to escape to the Redwoods again... and if I can ever get Eileen to fly again...

·······IPB·······

Slow down; things will go faster!

MM Award Winner

Blank_Canvas
post Sep 5 05, 10:46
Post #17

Greek

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 15
Writer of: Poetry & Prose

HelloOOOOOOOOOO Susan,
        Knew you from PK,( now poetropolis). Glad to see you moving over. I still post some at poetropolis.....but there is not much activity there lately. Will be most enthusiastic to see your poetry once more and to exchange comments and conversation. This is an uplifting and fun place to call home.....know you'll like it. How's your dear husband?
Will he be posting here, too? I remember him quite fondly, too. See you on the boards....
                                  marcia sun.gif

Hey fellow MM poets.....You're going to love ferns ! ~smile~

·······IPB·······

"...We are born into the world like a blank canvas
and every person that crosses our path takes up the brush and makes their mark upon our surface.
So it is that we develop.
But we must realize there comes a day that we must take up the brush and finish the work. For only we can determine if we are to be just another painting or a masterpiece..."

1981 Javan (from the book " Meet Me Halfway" )

MM Award Winner

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 08:05

Read our FLYERS - click below

Reference links provided to aid in fine-tuning your writings. ENJOY!

more Quotes
more Art Quotes
Dictionary.com ~ Thesaurus.com

Search:
for
Type in a word below to find its rhymes, synonyms, and more:

Word: