Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

IPB
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Pandora's 1st Oct Challenge Winner, Congrats to....
Cleo_Serapis
post Oct 22 03, 10:02
Post #1

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 2
Writer of: Poetry & Prose
Referred By:Imhotep

Congrats to AkhenhatenII for winning our first of two October Pandora's Box challenges!

WAY TO GO "A"!

Your entry link will now be displayed along with a 'special graphic' in your profile! You have led your Muse to victory. JOY to you, oh mighty one!          

Cheers! Balloons.gif     Mosaic Musings Staff
knight.gif  Pharoah.gif  Viking.gif  tut.gif  troy.gif   vic.gif  knight.gif      

Chaos Award

*Graphic provided by
Celtic Castle Designs

You can read the winning entry, "Autumnal" here:

I gaze upon these leaves which once were green,
Adding such splendour to the verdant scene;
Firm in their footings, dancing in the breeze,
Flirtatiously carousing at their ease;
Unthinking and uncaring of the truth,
Blind in the callow ignorance of youth.

Then for a fleeting rhapsody of time
They seem to find a majesty sublime.
Fiery red robes and crowns of russet gold
Create a sight so wondrous to behold.
Their whispered conference, so wise, so sage;
Until the season turns another page.

Their beauty fades, as each must close his term,
Brittle and ageing, crumbling and infirm;
Shivering in the chill when North winds blow,
Yielding themselves before the Winter’s snow.
Crimson and gold gives way to sodden rust,
And finally returns to earthly dust.

* ageing :- growing old.
age·ing    ( P )  Pronunciation Key  (jng)
n. Chiefly British and Egyptian
Variant of aging.

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page
Guest__*
post Oct 22 03, 10:36
Post #2

Thank you for the honour sweet Princess of Upper and Lower Egypt. All of the poems were excellent and I felt that all who endeavoured won some recognition, if only within themselves. Besides which, it was a heap of fun.
I hope we continue to dance together in acknowledgement of the wonder of poetry,

Now! I'm buying the drinks!
A

Guest_Jox_*
post Oct 22 03, 13:43
Post #3

Mummy, Many congratulations on your success in October's first challenge.

Your poem was most enjoyable and, like you, we were all wrapt!

However, I have to warn everyone about this drinks offer...

Been to one of Mummy's knees up (or knees keep falling off in Mummy‘s aged state)?

I warn you... Ten different flavours of embalming fluid.

And don’t even think about the water instead - have you seen what happens in the Nile?

Toodle Pip, James.

Guest__*
post Oct 22 03, 13:59
Post #4

Thank you my dear young Satrap. Your felicitaions are most welcome. Nothing but the best for you. We will sit on the banks of the Avon and drink warm beer at blood temperature and look on the wine when it is red. The Bard will nod wisely when we discuss the merits of Welsh Rugby following the demise of Barry John and Gareth Edwards.

Meanwhile, it's your round.
You still owe me one Byr y Thoddaid
Or you can rap if you prefer to.  :costume:

A.

Guest_Jox_*
post Oct 22 03, 15:53
Post #5

Mummy,

The banks of the Afon Avon 'tis - a jug of British warm real ale (but not Banks' please) sounds great (who needs wine?)  Somewhere Symonds Yat should be fine!

Rugger marches on though - we're still unbeaten but Italy looms I'm afraid. (Don't forget JPR, by the way - he's a surgeon now in The Valleys).

I do hope to produce a Byr y Thoddaid one day. However, since you say I can rap I shall, for the moment. Here is the first two verses of my only ( c )rap poem (still incomplete) which links global megalomania to cricket (and why not?). Meant to be read very fast - as fast as voice allows to ensure than one does not hear the words (similar idea to European larger or American beer like Bud - chill it so much that one cannot taste how foul it is (ooh controversial!)). I shall dedicate this outing of it to Mummy - my best friend, apparently.

For now, toodle pip.

Bat Up or Shut Up (Provisional Title)
by RS - March 2003 (Unfinished)

The sound of silence
Was replaced by the
Stench of violence
In the mind of the man
Who did all one can
To put The World to peace.

He was no hero; no gorgon
No towering intellect; no moron
He was a man of The People
By The People but maybe not
Representing the entire tree-full
Of souls who simply wanted a dot
Ball in life - no hassle, very dull
Life’s hypothesis to be null.

No crits thanks - not ready (may never be!) and this is Mummy's thread - just meeting his request.

James.

Guest__*
post Oct 22 03, 16:21
Post #6

I Don't Like Cricket!
I Love It!!!

THE LOSING OF THE ASHES
(Again and again and again )

It's remarkably relaxing
To survey the pastoral scene
Of an Englishman at cricket
On the rural village green

Hear the willow striking squarely
See it hit the ball for four
Play the game and play it fairly
Till you count the final score

Which is why we feel a failure
And it makes us rather sick
When these people from Australia
Come and give us all some stick

But I think you will discover
There's a secret in their play
And if you're a cricket lover
This is how they win the day

Now they don't exactly fiddle
And they don't exactly cheat
But the answer to the riddle
Lies in where they put their feet

This is why we're such a failure
Why our players wear a frown
For these wallies from Australia
Play their cricket up-side down

Dear boy, you know you're leading me astray again. Any moment now, She Who Must Be Obeyed will erupt on us in righteous fury for desecrating her Challenge forum. If she deletes this, and us also, I shall lay the blame absolutely on your door step.

Begone now foul sprite. If you must engage in diatribe use email or make another thread. That would be rather neat, don't you think ? Philosophical musings and discussions over nothing in particular.
Rather like politicians.  smart.gif

Guest__*
post Oct 22 03, 17:10
Post #7

Congratulations, A.

I'm not sure anymore really needs to be said (even if it did, Jox has already said it:  JUST KIDDING!! ).

Great job, well deserved.

Dan

Guest__*
post Oct 22 03, 17:17
Post #8

Thank you  Dan.
All of the entries were good. I think I probably won by being a God or something. Power appeals to women so I guess I got the Ladies Vote. George Bush and Tony Blair take note.

A

Cleo_Serapis
post Oct 22 03, 19:39
Post #9

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 2
Referred By:Imhotep

You know MEN-WHO-WANT-TO-BE-CLEO.... (yeah right)!

There IS a new forum called Alexandria's Library for debating.... Speechless.gif

Go on - tskkkk tskkkkk away over THERE......... knight.gif

detective.gif
Pharoah.gif

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

Guest__*
post Oct 23 03, 04:50
Post #10

Thank you for your gracious understanding and tolerance your Majesty.

But blame HIM Wall.gif

A

Michelle
post Oct 26 03, 20:33
Post #11

Greek

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 29
Writer of: Poetry

Ohh Great One,

You have prevailed!

:pharoah2

I enjoyed your poem very much!

Michelle

·······IPB·······

Guest__*
post Oct 28 03, 09:54
Post #12

Thank you my dear Michelle.
Now we've both got one.

(I'll show you mine if you show me yours )
dance.gif  dance.gif  dance.gif  dance.gif  dance.gif

A

Guest_Zeus²_*
post Oct 28 03, 13:10
Post #13

Oh' great A
you have earned the position of now sitting at my right side. Congratulations.
I think we also need to do a little celebrating on this side of the big pond too.We have plenty of cold draught beer ready to be consumed at a moments notice.
Zeuth Hath thpoken²³
pumpkin.gif  taco.gif

Guest__*
post Oct 28 03, 14:39
Post #14

Hello Father L.

For one dreadful moment, these old eyes read something about sitting on your right hand. I hope you keep your fingernails neatly trimmed.

I would love a nice draught beer. Mines a Tetley Walker, but I'll happily buy you a Bud.

Cheers

Tom

Cybele
post Nov 4 03, 02:41
Post #15

Ornate Oracle

Member No.: 22

Good Morning Akh bowdown.gif

I have only just arrived here after getting my computer fixed   Wall.gif and didn't know of your triumph O Great One.  Congratulations on a fine piece of writing Tom.

If you'd still like to go dancing we could gatecrash Stringfellows (heavily disguised as simpering Celebs  Speechless.gif  Speechless.gif and dance the night away?

MusicBand.gif    dance.gif you  dance.gif me    MusicBand.gif

You bring the WD40 for my hip and I'll bring the horse liniment for your old bones.

Love

Grace sings.gif  cheer.gif

·······IPB·······

Love

Grace

http://mysite.orange.co.uk/graceingreece

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Nominate a tile for the Crown Jewels and Faery Awards today! For details, go to the Valley of the Kings!

MM Award Winner

Guest__*
post Nov 4 03, 03:40
Post #16

Hello Our Gracie.

Tell me, do you still drink scrumpy down yonder. The nectar of the Gods.
In fact, a liniment and a lubricating oil, all in one.  sings.gif

Let's twist again, like they did last summer  cheer.gif

(Or was it the summef before.)  laugh.gif

Hugz

Tom

Cybele
post Nov 4 03, 04:20
Post #17

Ornate Oracle

allo there m'dear  old Akh farmer.gif

'ow be ye this foin mornin? sun.gif

You might be interested to know that I live approximately half a mile from a Cider farm. Because I live so close, they offered to lay a PLUTV (V for village), but I declined because we already have a lot of drunken moles around here and I am sure they are burrowing into these PLUTVs. rofl.gif (This smiley should be rolling around drunk, not laughing. ) Take it as read oh Great One. laugh.gif

We have lots of horses in the village too, so lots of by-products (now, now, naughty, naughty Akh    Jester.gif  ) including horse liniment, so I have a goodly supply - of the latter.

Love

Grace  cheer.gif

·······IPB·······

Love

Grace

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Nominate a tile for the Crown Jewels and Faery Awards today! For details, go to the Valley of the Kings!

MM Award Winner

Guest_Jox_*
post Nov 4 03, 04:49
Post #18

PLUTV? No idea... But I understand the reference to cider! Proper cider not that muck in bottles with injected effervescence! Taunton special - Scrump? Suicide Soup?

Lots of horses in the village? That's the problem these days - all the horses moving in, raising the house prices and forcing the locals to live in converted stables. It's not just that... other things change, too. One cannot get one's favourite ready-meals at the local shop any more - pushed-out because all the space is needed for extra displays of hay and so on. Tragedy!

So what sort of scrump be this? And PLUTV?

J.

Cybele
post Nov 4 03, 07:39
Post #19

Ornate Oracle

Well hello there James wave.gif

Missed you. Where have you been?? detective.gif

PLUTV   I'm sorry, I assumed everyone was of an age to remember but you are obviously of a much younger generation.   devil.gif  

PLUTO Pipeline under the Ocean, used to supply diesel to the troops in France during the second World War.
PLUTV Pipeline under the village. (Hence the moles.)

Rich's Cider Farm produces only the best and finest cider, good old SRUMPY!
tastes like heaven! cloud9.gif  Not that I drink much you understand, but whenever my family come to visit they take away four or five (or as many as they can transport!!) gallon containers of cider. Ooh aah, Jim lad. farmer.gif

Love

Grace  :speechless:

·······IPB·······

Love

Grace

MM Award Winner

Guest_Jox_*
post Nov 4 03, 08:27
Post #20

Grace, Hi.

I was unwell a couple of weeks ago and have still not caught up. Last week I was around but also quite busy. I have posted a fair bit in the Mentors' forum if you take a look there. This week we're on holidat so I still won't be here that much - next week I'll try to catch up. Will take a couple of weeks I imagine.

Thanks for this...

PLUTO Pipeline under the Ocean, used to supply diesel to the troops in France during the second World War.
PLUTV Pipeline under the village. (Hence the moles.)

I'm not that young (!) - soon to be 45 - and I am a student of WW2. Nevertheless, I've never heard of PLUTO - except as a planet and one of those Walt Disney things I always try to avoid. Is it mythological too? We're supposed to be having a new water pipeline to the houses and were hoping they would use moles but they cannot apparently - so big trench time. (Moles dig holes for pipes and cables these days).

We love Biddenden cider and Weston's and Inche's from Devon. Would love to try some Somerset Scrump!

Cheerio for now. J

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:12

Read our FLYERS - click below

Reference links provided to aid in fine-tuning your writings. ENJOY!

more Quotes
more Art Quotes
Dictionary.com ~ Thesaurus.com

Search:
for
Type in a word below to find its rhymes, synonyms, and more:

Word: