Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

IPB
> Saving your crits from MM, I think this is the best way
Guest_Jox_*
post Aug 30 05, 05:41
Post #1

Hi all,

I’m in the process of improving my archives to include some crits of my work. This is a time-consuming process and takes lots of disc space. However, I think I’ve found the best - i.e. most economic (time and space) way to do it. I thought some of you might wish to do the same and appreciate knowing about this method (assuming you don’t already).

If you want “photographs” of the pages then you have various options (I'm assuming MS internet explorer):

“Web page complete .htm / .html” - which downloads all the graphics and text in individual chunks. The full-blown affair but loses much.

“Web archive, single file, .mht” - MUCH better. Save a snapshot of the page as just one file so no mess. But each page is large - over 1MB often.

“Web page HTML Only” - don’t bother is my advice.

“Text file” - awful option, once downloaded one can hardly read anything.

Now, my method, hitherto has been to use Option 2 - MHT - and I shall continue to do so - but with a twist.

Go to the page you wish to save.
Scroll down to “print this topic” - click it.
The page will now appear minus much formatting but ideal for an archive.
Save as an MHT (option 2).

Space saving: The page now takes up about 50-80k - ten to fifteen can be saved, compared to just MHT alone (faster loading etc too - also ready for printing if you wish to do that).

Bonus: If your topic goes onto two (or more) pages on MM, saving straight MHT will result in precisely the same number of pages (files) on your computer. BUT saving MHT AFTER executing “print this topic” usually results in just one file. (I don’t know the upper limit of pages per the one file but certainly two as one seems to be regular).

Try it, see what you think.

NB: If you’re unhappy with its appearance, I suggest you re-load the required page and save as an MHT (Option 2) WITHOUT executing “print this topic“.

Best wishes, J.

Any questions / clarifications - just ask in this tile and I’ll do my best.

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 18:50

Read our FLYERS - click below

Reference links provided to aid in fine-tuning your writings. ENJOY!

more Quotes
more Art Quotes
Dictionary.com ~ Thesaurus.com

Search:
for
Type in a word below to find its rhymes, synonyms, and more:

Word: