Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

IPB
> A Mosaic of Quotes, Feel free to add replies to this....
Cleo_Serapis
post Aug 8 03, 18:51
Post #1

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 2
Writer of: Poetry & Prose
Referred By:Imhotep

"The final mystery is oneself... Who can calculate the orbit of his own soul?"
- Oscar Wilde

"The pebble is the perfect creature, equal to itself, mindful of its limits."
- Zbigniew Herbert

"What we play is life."
- Louis Armstrong

"The sage himself never strives for the great, and thereby the great is achieved."
- Lao-Tzu

"What I am I am, and say not. Being is the great explainer."
- Henry David Thoreau

"....And then my heart with pleasure fills,
And dances with the daffodils."
- William Wordsworth

"No words can describe it
No example can point to it
Samsara does not make it worse
Nirvana does not make it better
It has never been born
It has never ceased
It has never been deluded
It has never existed
It has never been nonexistent"
-Dudjon Rinpoche, on AWARENESS

"A man is known by the silence he keeps."
-Oliver Herford

"All wisdom can be stated in two lines:
What is done for you - allow it to be done.
What you must do yourself - make sure you do it."
-Khawwas

"If we have not found heaven within, it is a certainty we will not find it without."
-Henry Miller

"Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance."
-Confucius

"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."
-Franklin D. Roosevelt

"You can kill a man but you can't kill an idea."
-Medgar Evers

"Genius is one percent inspiration and ninety nine percent perspiration."
-Thomas Edison

"Honesty is the first chapter in the book of wisdom."
Thomas Jefferson

"The cynic knows the price of everything and the value of nothing."
-Oscar Wilde

"This above {all;} to thine own self be true."
-William Shakespeare

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page

Posts in this topic
- Cleo_Serapis   A Mosaic of Quotes   Aug 8 03, 18:51
- - Blank_Canvas   ..."Never lose an opportunity   of seeing an...   Aug 11 03, 12:36
- - Cleo_Serapis   QUOTE (Nubian healer @ Aug. 11 2003, 13:36).....   Aug 11 03, 12:41
- - Blank_Canvas   "...To laugh often and much,    to win ...   Aug 11 03, 13:09
- - Blank_Canvas   "...Joy is the sweet voice, joy the luminous cloud...   Aug 26 03, 20:01
- - Cleo_Serapis   You AN you! These are are super and wise words ...   Aug 26 03, 20:07
- - Martinus Julius Caesura   “He who laughs last, laughs after he who laughs ne...   Sep 2 03, 01:25
- - Cleo_Serapis   QUOTE (Martinus Julius Caesura @ Sep. 02 2003...   Sep 2 03, 07:54
- - Arnfinn   Here's A Few . Little Mary from Boston Mass....   Sep 3 03, 07:00
- - Cleo_Serapis   QUOTE (Arnfinn @ Sep. 03 2003, 08:00)Here's A...   Sep 3 03, 12:01
- - Martinus Julius Caesura   “                     !” -Marcel Marceau   Dec 22 03, 11:55
- - Dove   "The earth laughs in flowers." - ee cummings "To...   Mar 13 04, 19:43
- - Cleo_Serapis   "Excellence is the result of caring more than othe...   Jun 17 05, 11:00
- - Cleo_Serapis   from a bumper sticker sent to me by Butch, aka Cha...   Aug 7 05, 11:26
- - Cleo_Serapis   While Jan (Orion) and I were discussing poetry and...   Aug 7 05, 12:33
- - Cleo_Serapis   Here a few that John (JLY) sent me recently: "Lif...   Jul 30 06, 07:56
- - Cleo_Serapis   There is a land of pure delight, Beyond the Jordan...   Jul 30 06, 08:17
- - Cleo_Serapis   two more fortune cookie notes: You seek to shield...   Aug 5 06, 12:37
- - galoutofdixie   Here's one offering some of the best advice I...   Sep 3 06, 15:36
- - Cleo_Serapis   That IS good advice Leigh Ann. As I ponder those ...   Oct 1 06, 08:17
- - shaggy breeks   ooooh sayings that mean something . . . ...   Jan 7 07, 15:19
- - Cleo_Serapis   Ten Rules of Thomas Jefferson: 1. Never put off u...   Jul 14 07, 09:09
- - Larry   When power leads man toward arrogance, poetry remi...   Oct 20 07, 08:42

2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 02:38

Read our FLYERS - click below

Reference links provided to aid in fine-tuning your writings. ENJOY!

more Quotes
more Art Quotes
Dictionary.com ~ Thesaurus.com

Search:
for
Type in a word below to find its rhymes, synonyms, and more:

Word: