Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

IPB
> Postings and Publishing, Postings and Publishing
Guest_Jox_*
post Sep 5 03, 18:54
Post #1

I was just wondering what the attitude of publishers is to items posted on Mosaic (or any other forum, for that matter)? Do they consider such a posting to be a publication or not? Since publishers want first rights (usually) it would be useful for guidance on this matter. Thank you.

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page

Start new topic
Replies
Guest_Jox_*
post Sep 8 03, 06:06
Post #2

Lori,

Thanks for your speedy reply and ideas.

I did not realise the software was as easily configurable - that is excellent.

I basically agree with you... It is the writers' work which requires the protection. The initial logic, therefore, is that the protected areas (if they are to be enacted) would be crits and competitions.

However, on the other hand, showing competition winners may encourage potential members. Moreover, if a work has won a competition then a fair view might be that it, indeed, has been published - something which is not applicable to ordinary crit requests.

So (as I say) I agree with you that the crit areas are the critical ones.

Yes, I thought you were webmaster in that respect but when grovelling it pays to be circumspect! (Anyway, I didn't bother with the Venusian shuttle - the lunches they serve are terrible so I'm not sorry).

Look forward to next instalment!

PS Clever idea about meta tags / words. So MM is not just pretty... under that pyramid is a solid foundation!

Jox.

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 08:00

Read our FLYERS - click below

Reference links provided to aid in fine-tuning your writings. ENJOY!

more Quotes
more Art Quotes
Dictionary.com ~ Thesaurus.com

Search:
for
Type in a word below to find its rhymes, synonyms, and more:

Word: