IPB
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> MM "Skins" Preview, Check out our skin themes
Guest_Don_*
post Jan 13 08, 10:30
Post #21

Dear Cleo,

Knowing I would have to shell out more to maintain initial purchase would save the initial price. Most of us know the trend is to extract a periodic rental fee for product or service. I liked it better when we paid up front and prayed for product durability.

Most of us also know that planned obsolecence is profit. Most of my application programs are dinosaurs like MicroSoft Word 2000, and a checkbook software that ceases support every three annual revision updates. Professional softwares expect hundreds and sometimes thousands of dollars for annual revisions.

If and when MM pulls back to basics for sensible economy, I will not be chagrined to give up the pleasure of Autumn Harvest skin.

Thank you for being among those paying the piper to allow mooches, such as myself, to partake.

Don

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page
Cleo_Serapis
post Jan 13 08, 10:46
Post #22

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 2
Writer of: Poetry & Prose
Referred By:Imhotep

Yes, I can see how that could add up to quite a profit! This is a special membership, which basically entitiles me to download any skin package on site (with 2 exceptions, the i-tab ones) and use them on MM. Once the subscription ends, there will be no more support on the 'free skins' I downloaded, is how it boils down.

Not all is lost! For the skins I purchased beforehand, the support continues for as long as MM is up and running. The skins in that bucket are conveniently Autumn Harvest, Antiquity, Frosty, Winter and Halloween Lite.

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

Guest_Don_*
post Jan 13 08, 10:51
Post #23

I shall endeavor to remember Halloween Lite as a whistle to blow this coming spook season.

You can see that I am not immune to ringing some bells sometimes.

Don

Cleo_Serapis
post Jan 13 08, 13:10
Post #24

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

The skin upgrades are now complete.

I added a new skin too while I was at it - Stone.

Enjoy!
~Cleo Artist.gif

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post Feb 23 08, 11:44
Post #25

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Easter Madness added today.

Enjoy! easteregg.gif Bunny.gif

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post Mar 23 08, 09:26
Post #26

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Spring Fling! skin added today (same template as Easter Madness)...

Enjoy!

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Guest_Cathy_*
post Mar 23 08, 11:45
Post #27

Hey Lori!

Wow you do so much around here! lol I haven't had time to check them all out yet but I do like Club, IBR_Beige and of course, Star Spangled! I get the chance and I'll check out the other new ones.

Thank you for all the little extras you do!
Cathy

Cleo_Serapis
post Mar 30 08, 08:41
Post #28

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Thanks Cathy!

I just added Halloween today.

Enjoy!
~Cleo kiss.gif

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post Apr 5 08, 08:20
Post #29

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

One more skin added today:
Lavendar

Enjoy!
Artist.gif

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post Apr 13 08, 07:52
Post #30

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Cleanskin - Chalis skin added today.

Smooth green tones...

Enjoy!
~Cleo hersheyskiss.gif

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post May 9 08, 13:58
Post #31

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Aloha Summer! skin just added.

A nice soothing seabreeze kind of skin - teals and tans.

Enjoy!
~Cleo pcgal.gif

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post Jul 20 08, 16:10
Post #32

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

I've just added a lot of the generic avatars of "Dragonfly skins" to the MM avatars selections found in your control panel.

Enjoy!
~Cleo Couch.gif

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post Nov 23 08, 12:54
Post #33

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

TWO new skins have been added today specifically for the Christmas season, and a third for alll year round.

The first is called Xmas No Tab and is graphically a 'copy' of the other new one, titled I-Tab Xmas. The I-Tab Xmas skin is a different spin on how the categories are viewed on the page. There are tabs across the top and once you've clicked on a category's tab, the sub forums will display for that category to you. Also the pull down menus are evident for member and community links (upper right).

These are very cool skins and I got a great deal on the purchase price (normally the I_Tab skins are $50 each, but I got the 3 pack for $20 last night) - the third skin that came with the purchase is called I-Tab BlueSteel, uses the same color scheme as I-Tab Xmas and is another I-Tab version skin. I'll load that one later.

Enjoy!
~Cleo hsdance.gif

NB: I-Tab BlueSteel has been added to the skin selector.

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post Dec 31 08, 08:41
Post #34

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

I just copied across two more holiday skins I got free of charge at the IPS site, thanks to Llyssa, the designer! cheer.gif

Deck the Halls

and

Poinsettia Holiday

Enjoy!
~Cleo present.gif

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post Mar 26 09, 17:09
Post #35

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Hey all,

I just added a new skin today called "Easter Chicks". Check it out! easteregg.gif

~Cleo Bunny.gif

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post Oct 21 10, 05:34
Post #36

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

I've just received the following e-mail from our friends at Skin by Dragonfly:

Dear Skin by Dragonfly Customers,

Many of you will be aware that I have spent the last 7 years or so devoted to creating beautiful skins for Invision Power Board. During this time I have seen the product grow from a small free script, to raise to become the premium commercial Community Software product of today.
Jeff and I have been there since 1.1.1 and have been witness to the highs and lows. Along this path there have been many joys and quite a lot of heartaches and sorrows, and everything in between. Through it all SbyD has solidly plodded along creating new product, and supporting our loyal members through multiple upgrades and many many versions of the software, often in the face of adversity including; design thieves, con artists, fraudsters, hackers, crackers and rippers, but through it all SbyD has persevered and maintained a high standard of quality product and support.

As such, this is a very hard decision, but, after extensive thought and consultation, it is with much sadness that I have to advise that we feel at this point SbyD is no longer able to continue with IPB pre-made skins. The upgrade path over the last 18 months has been such that we are already struggling to even get our heads above water, and that coupled with the now huge size of the product and accompanying add ons makes each individual skin upgrade a massive task.

Additionally the IPB skin market has all but collapsed over the last 2 years, which means it is no longer viable to continue to spend months and months upgrading skins… with the prospect of 3.2 and the interim (weekly!) upgrades before we even get to 3.2, it is time to give notice that we cannot continue.

We will be upgrading our existing 3.1 skins to 3.1.3 and are committed to upgrading the Holiday skins for Christmas 2010. However we will not be upgrading any of the existing skins beyond this point, and we will not be creating any further pre-made skins for IPB at all.

Skin by Dragonfly will continue to offer Custom IPB services, however we will no longer be offering pre-made skins at all from January 2011.

I would like to stress we have no “beef” with Invision Power Services, and thank them for their kindness and support over the years. We wish Matt and the team all the very best going forward. We just can’t keep up with where they are going.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

The topic can be found here:
http://www.skinbydragonfly.com/forums/inde...?showtopic=5084

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

JLY
post Oct 21 10, 12:28
Post #37

Ornate Oracle
Group Icon

Group: Centurion
Member No.: 39
Writer of: Poetry
Referred By:Larry Carr

Lori,
In essence, what effect does it have for M. M.?
JLY

·······IPB·······

Give thanks for your new friends of today, but never forget the warm hugs of your yesterdays.

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post Oct 29 10, 08:46
Post #38

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Hi John,

It has no effect at MM as I didn't upgrade our forum software to version 3.1.x as I frankly just don't like the look of it. I was also able to save the $50 annual support fee as well (July) by NOT upgrading.

Cheers,
~Cleo

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:44

Read our FLYERS - click below

Reference links provided to aid in fine-tuning your writings. ENJOY!

more Quotes
more Art Quotes
Dictionary.com ~ Thesaurus.com

Search:
for
Type in a word below to find its rhymes, synonyms, and more:

Word: