Post #1

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 2
Writer of: Poetry & Prose
Referred By:Imhotep

Hello,

As a guest to MM, you are only able to view our default skin, (the way that our forum is displayed to you, images, fonts, color schemes) which curently rotates between the available skins. So you can view all the skin themes we have, click the links below to view the forum index pages.

Cheers
~Cleo StarWars1.gif

Aloha Summer!

Antiquity

Aqua

Autumn Harvest

Avalon

BeMine!

Christmas

Cleanskin - Chablis

Club

Dark Techno - Acid

Dark Techno - Electric

Deck the Halls

Driftwood

Easter Chicks

Easter Madness

Frosty

Halloween

Halloween Lite

Holiday Lite

IBR_Beige

IPSBeyond

I-Tab BlueSteel

I-Tab Xmas

Lavendar

Lunamar Blue

Luminos

Metalaxe

Mocha

Mosaic ~ our own skin

Nighttime

Poinsettia Holiday

Reflections Blue

Rudolph

Silent Night

Spring Fling!

Star Spangled

Stone

Tronic Blue

Winter

Xmas No Tab

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page
Cleo_Serapis
post Nov 11 07, 09:12
Post #2

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Hi all,

To make way for some new 'purchased' skins from Skin By Dragonfly, I'm going to delete some of our older skins that do not seem to in use, or are no longer supported with the latest version of IPB.

They include:
Black Crystal
Blue Star
Explicit Dimness
IBR Green
iMac
Magenta
Rustic
Sage
SubBlack
Webber
Zelda

I'll be adding some new ones very soon for the Winter and Holidays ahead.
Which skins do you use currently?

Stay tuned!
~Cleo detective.gif

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post Nov 25 07, 09:00
Post #3

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Frosty, Winter and Halloween Lite were added last weekend.

I'll be adding more new purchased skins today.

Enjoy!

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Guest_Don_*
post Nov 25 07, 10:28
Post #4

Dear Cleo,

I changed skin to autumn harvest. It is fancy compared to my normal choice of simple with easy to read font on background.

Don

Cleo_Serapis
post Nov 25 07, 10:39
Post #5

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Hi Don,

Yes - It's a bit graphic intensive.

I just loaded two more holiday skins, Rudolph and Silent Night, which are also graphically beautiful.

Rudolph (just made it the new board default) is a cute fun skin in traditional green and red colors, with cute "characters" populating throughout. A fun, festive skin, to get our members into that good old Christmas cheer. It will also come with a converter pack to convert the skin to 'regular use' early in 2008. Reindeer.gif

Silent Night is a beautiful richly textured skin that celebrates the true meaning of Christmas and features handmade original "3 wise men" and the Star of Bethlehem. This skin is perfect for anyone who would prefer to focus on the reason we have that celebration on the 25th of December. It will also come with a converter pack to convert the skin to a 'regular use' Christian Skin early in 2008. *Note: There is an 'error on page' when using IE7 - I reported it to Dragonfly support and will update when resolved - it seems to work fine irregardless and does not produce the error using Firefox. shepherd.gif

I am going to load up the 3rd new holiday skin in a few minutes called "Holiday Lite" that should be much better on the loading factor. It's a slippery quick, different, modern design that is slick and stylish for the Holiday Season. This great skin is no resource hog, is super fast loading, and perfect for those who prefer low key simpler style skins to lots of graphics, or in other words "Hold the Cheeez"! magictongue.png

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post Nov 25 07, 11:54
Post #6

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Ok - that's enuf new skins for this month, LOL.gif!

I added today:
Rudolph
Silent Night
Holiday Lite
Dark Techno - Electric

Enjoy!
~Cleo hsdance.gif

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post Nov 25 07, 18:36
Post #7

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

I luv it when I find something before a coder does, LOL.gif!

The Silent Night skin error is now fixed - one line of code removed and voila - all set! pcgal.gif

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Guest_Don_*
post Nov 25 07, 18:41
Post #8

QUOTE (Cleo_Serapis @ Nov 25 07, 18:36 ) *
I luv it when I find something before a coder does, LOL.gif!

Beginners luck!

Don prescription.gif hersheyskiss.gif

Cleo_Serapis
post Nov 25 07, 18:52
Post #9

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Tee hee, ah Don, not exactly - I've been tinkering with these forums since MM opened in 2003, but I confess, the coder actually found the line of code after I sent her a bug report earlier today saying something wasn't quite right. All's well now! grinning.gif

kiss.gif and a few of these too... mm.gif mm.gif mm.gif

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post Dec 1 07, 12:27
Post #10

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

One more skin added today - Christmas

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post Dec 2 07, 11:18
Post #11

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Driftwood added this morning.

Enjoy! present.gif

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post Dec 16 07, 07:58
Post #12

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Luminos and Club added today.

Enjoy! present.gif

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Guest_Don_*
post Dec 16 07, 09:22
Post #13

Hi Cleo,

Your touch of adding skins is akin to adding decorations to and rearranging them on a Christmas tree for ideal appeal.

Don

Cleo_Serapis
post Dec 25 07, 14:03
Post #14

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Hi Don. wave.gif

Thanks so much! I'm not certain the percentage of members who vary the skins, but I can tell you, I definitely DO! I like to change it up every now and then, keeps from boredom. magictongue.png

I just added a funky new one from the Invisionize.com community skin competition called Nighttime.

Enjoy!
~Cleo galadriel.gif

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post Dec 28 07, 11:28
Post #15

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Three more skins added today:

NYE07 - dark purple skin for New Years

Reflections Blue

Tronic Blue

Two more deleted: IngramPJ and Valentine (not compatible)

I'll most likely 'hide' the Holiday skins in a week or two as well.

Enjoy!
~Cleo galadriel.gif

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post Jan 13 08, 09:12
Post #16

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Hello all,

There are 8 skins that have upgrades I am performing over the next few hours. So, if you see them being deleted, do not worry - I'm just ridding the old and then adding the new ones back. As I upgrade each, please note that I also add some personilized graphics and hacks as I go, so each skin takes about 15-20 minutes to complete.

I'll reply again when they're all set. The skins are:

Christmas - completed

Club - completed

Dark Techno Acid - competed

Dark Techno Electric - competed

Driftwood - competed

Frosty - competed

Reflections Blue - competed

Winter - competed

~Cleo pcgal.gif

The details on the changes I make to each skin (Lori's checklist):
1. Logo Graphic
2. Board Footer HTML (references)
3. Global Board Header Edits - bookstore/ibpc/chat/ links
4. Render Forum Row on Forum Index (hack adds start date to topic starter)
5. Replace default post icon images
6. Add staff and mod graphics
7. Increase text area post size from 11px to 13px in the CSS

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Guest_Don_*
post Jan 13 08, 09:19
Post #17

Thanks for the forewarning Cleo. As heaven would have it the skin I am using is not on your update list above.

Don

Cleo_Serapis
post Jan 13 08, 09:40
Post #18

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Hey Don,

Which skin are you currently using?

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Guest_Don_*
post Jan 13 08, 09:57
Post #19

I am currently using Autumn Harvest. Be aware that I seldom ring the bells or blow the whistles. While on this subject, I wish to congratulate you for your personal taste in colors and graphic organization.

Don hersheyskiss.gif

Cleo_Serapis
post Jan 13 08, 10:05
Post #20

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Thank you! cloud9.gif

I like that one too Don. It was the first one I purchased from thatwebsite, SBD (skin by Dragonfly) and now I've been adding all these others from her forum as well (did a 6 mo. special membership that allows me to download any skin for a one-time $90 fee). Once the subscription ends though, I'll have to renew or will not be eligible for any further upgrades to those particular skins...

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:09

Read our FLYERS - click below

Reference links provided to aid in fine-tuning your writings. ENJOY!

more Quotes
more Art Quotes
Dictionary.com ~ Thesaurus.com

Search:
for
Type in a word below to find its rhymes, synonyms, and more:

Word: