> 5-Letter Word Game
Blank_Canvas
post Nov 9 05, 20:33
Post #1

Greek

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 15
Writer of: Poetry & Prose

I am carrying this fun community word game over from another site. Am using the idea here with permission.

This is a five letter word game. Let me explain:

You make a sentence from the five letters a previous member leaves

for example:

P A G E S

Paula's angry gazes eventually stopped

then someone else leaves 5 letters and so on.  The sentence can just be silly or can be professional.

Let's play the 5 letter word game and have some fun. Here are the first 5 letters....

F*R*E*S*H

·······IPB·······

"...We are born into the world like a blank canvas
and every person that crosses our path takes up the brush and makes their mark upon our surface.
So it is that we develop.
But we must realize there comes a day that we must take up the brush and finish the work. For only we can determine if we are to be just another painting or a masterpiece..."

1981 Javan (from the book " Meet Me Halfway" )

MM Award Winner

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page
Guest_Nina_*
post Nov 10 05, 01:18
Post #2

Sounds like fun Marcia

F*R*E*S*H

Freddie rose early, sighing heavily

S*T*A*R*E

Nina

Cleo_Serapis
post Nov 10 05, 07:05
Post #3

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 2
Referred By:Imhotep

Hi Marcia.  :sun:

Sounds like fun!  :cheer:

Is each added sentence supposed to compliment the previous one (like a story unfolding)?

Can I suggest a second tier to this game? Once we've received a fair number of word sentence responses, why not take words from each sentence and make a poem with them - ONLY using the words provided?  :chinchilla:

Fron Nina:

S*T*A*R*E

Serendipitous treasures augment radical expression.

A*R*I*S*E

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

Cybele
post Nov 10 05, 07:40
Post #4

Ornate Oracle

Member No.: 22

Hi All,

Sounds like fun!

A*R*I*S*E

Are real igloos still erected?

E*L*F*I*N

·······IPB·······

Love

Grace

http://mysite.orange.co.uk/graceingreece

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Nominate a tile for the Crown Jewels and Faery Awards today! For details, go to the Valley of the Kings!

MM Award Winner

Ephiny
post Nov 10 05, 08:18
Post #5

Creative Chieftain

Member No.: 41

This looks like fun!!

Elongated letters filled inventive notebooks

Next one..

M.A.G.I.C

·······IPB·······

Lucie

"What could have made her peaceful with a mind
That nobleness made simple as a fire,
With beauty like a tightened bow, a kind
That is not natural in an age like this,
Being high and solitary and most stern?
Why, what could she have done, being what she is?
Was there another Troy for her to burn?"
WB Yeats "No Second Troy"

MM Award Winner

Blank_Canvas
post Nov 10 05, 16:58
Post #6

Greek

To answer the questions.....no, the sentences do not have to compliment each other. If you want us to make a poem out of words from the sentences....I'm certainly game......just let us know when you think we have enough responses. Will we choose any words from the sentences, on our own, or do we use the suggested words? You might even find this a helpful source of times ten words....
                            Marcia

Now back to the game....

M*A*G*I*C  =

Madcap answers generate  imaginative creations.

S*T*Y*L*E

·······IPB·······

and every person that crosses our path takes up the brush and makes their mark upon our surface.
But we must realize there comes a day that we must take up the brush and finish the work. For only we can determine if we are to be just another painting or a masterpiece..."

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post Nov 10 05, 21:37
Post #7

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Absolutely Marcia!  :pharoah2

Let's wait for more input and then we can see if another challenge to use the words from this one would generate some  :pharoah2  :pharoah2  :pharoah2 .....  :reindeer:

Here goes:

S*T*Y*L*E

Shared thoughts yield lasting encouragement  :fairy:

New word:

holly.gif  H*O*L*L*Y*  :holly:

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

Blank_Canvas
post Nov 11 05, 03:26
Post #8

Greek

Holiday ornaments look lovely yearly.

M*O*N*E*Y

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post Nov 11 05, 06:41
Post #9

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

M*O*N*E*Y

Monologues occupy newstand's extraordinary yesterdays.

vic.gif

Now for the next word:

S*T*A*N*D*

good luck!
~Cleo  :xmas:

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Guest_Nina_*
post Nov 11 05, 17:48
Post #10

Shadowy Twilight Animals Need Darkness

next one

C*L*A*S*P

Blank_Canvas
post Nov 11 05, 18:47
Post #11

Greek

Courageous lads always save people.

next one

C*A*N*D*Y

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post Nov 12 05, 08:15
Post #12

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

C*A*N*D*Y

Chimerical antics negate dour yuppies.  :laugh:

Now, the next one:

D*E*N*I*M

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post Nov 12 05, 08:16
Post #13

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

YES Marcia - these words also could be used in our TIMES TEN challenges too.  :cool:  :dance:  :cheer:

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Guest_Jox_*
post Nov 12 05, 08:29
Post #14

Oh ok.... :)

D-E-N-I-M

Denim emits nasty irradiation, methinks.

and, on that theme... our next word is...

R-A-D-I-O

J.

Cleo_Serapis
post Nov 12 05, 10:13
Post #15

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

R-A-D-I-O

Recognize attributes debonair in obeisance.  Speechless.gif

next up:

J-E-W-E-L

present.gif

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Blank_Canvas
post Nov 12 05, 14:15
Post #16

Greek

Jealousy expressed will extinguish love.

G*U*E*S*T

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Guest_Jox_*
post Nov 12 05, 14:49
Post #17

G-U-E-S-T

Genial Unicorns Eat Sumach Trees

B-O-O-K-S

Guest_Nina_*
post Nov 12 05, 15:47
Post #18

bandits overwhelm obese King’s security

S*H*A*M*E

Guest_Jox_*
post Nov 12 05, 17:36
Post #19

S*H*A*M*E

Supreme Headquarters - Allied Mongoose Explorers

P-H-O-N-E

Guest_Nina_*
post Nov 12 05, 17:41
Post #20

Piebald Horses Overdo Nightly Exercise

F*A*U*L*T

2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

131 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:32

Read our FLYERS - click below

Reference links provided to aid in fine-tuning your writings. ENJOY!

more Quotes
more Art Quotes
Dictionary.com ~ Thesaurus.com

Search:
for
Type in a word below to find its rhymes, synonyms, and more:

Word: