IPB
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Argh, Faery Award Winner
Guest_Billydo_*
post Aug 19 05, 13:45
Post #21

Thanks y'all.

Being a transgressor, I would like to give my acceptance speech in the nude, except for my best dickie bow.

Oops ... can hear dibble. Best get dressed again.

blush21.gif

Enjoyed being away in the lakes ... have decided to go again next week.

Yeah!

Thanks for the   claps.gif award (It looks like something other than clapping to me).

Cheers

Mike

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page
Guest_Jox_*
post Aug 19 05, 16:30
Post #22

Hi Mike,

The Nude is fine - I do't think anyone will notice but I'll fight for your right to do it naked. (Did you walk the Lakes like that? Did you carry a copy of Wainright as a quick cover-up for your hairy knees, in case you met someone who couldn't cope?)

As regards the clapping yes, as soon as it appeared - one came to the conclusion that "smilie" was a hedgehog involved in a solitary activity. I can never see it without laughing now. And I never think of Mr Tiggywinkle in the same way.

Do you like that circularity? Betrix Potter was from the Lakes, I believe.

Cheers, J.

Psyche
post Aug 20 05, 10:28
Post #23

Ornate Oracle
Group Icon

Group: Praetorian
Member No.: 78
Writer of: Poetry & Prose
Referred By:David Ting

QUOTE(Billydo @ Aug. 19 2005, 16:45)
Thanks y'all.

Being a transgressor, I would like to give my acceptance speech in the nude, except for my best dickie bow.

Oops ... can hear dibble. Best get dressed again.

blush21.gif

Enjoyed being away in the lakes ... have decided to go again next week.

Yeah!

Thanks for the   claps.gif award (It looks like something other than clapping to me).

Cheers

Mike

G'mornin', Mike ! sun.gif

Permission granted (dickie blow included). Hope u enjoy the Lakes. I doubt whether Beatrix Potter wandered around in the nude, tho'....don't scare off her admirers, Mike, I can't imagine them as transgressors.  :speechless:  Perhaps James Barrie or Lewis Carroll would fit the picture better?   oops.gif

Anyway, to show you that I really did my best to get you a super original badge, you can visit:

http://forums.mosaicmusings.net/cgi-bin....2;st=32

where you'll be able to read my proposal, right at the bottom of the page...  Shock  :p   All the same, I think the Faery Award is absolutely deserved and I'm terribly pleased that Lori agreed.  :pharoah2

Have a great weekend,
Sylvia  :turtle:

·······IPB·······

Mis temas favoritos

The Lord replied, my precious, precious child, I love you and I would never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you.

"There is no life higher than the grasstops
Or the hearts of sheep, and the wind
Pours by like destiny, bending
Everything in one direction."

Sylvia Plath, Crossing the Water, Wuthering Heights.

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

MM Award Winner

Guest_Billydo_*
post Aug 21 05, 04:11
Post #24

Hi James

No Wainright, but I did have a map in a map case to do the job.

Didn't know much about BP but just checked  on the web... apparently she was born in South Kensington but gradually developed a base in Sawrey and lived in the lakes most of her life.

William Wordsworth was born in Cockermouth which was a gnats from Keswick where we went last week, and are going this.

Whilst walking around Keswick, I saw a garden with Petunias (the trumpet shaped flower? ... no gardener me) arranged in mini wheel barrows and borders and they reminded me of the Stretford Pageants when I was a kid ... so I have a poem in progress about that, but I am structuring it as a poem within a poem as a flashback.

Cheers

Mike

Guest_Billydo_*
post Aug 21 05, 04:19
Post #25

Hi Sylvia

Thank you for nominating me for the award.

I followed the link, so thanks again. It's a brilliant feeling when someone appreciates your poetry and one that's still fairly new to me, so all the more gratifying.

hsdance.gif

Cheers

Mike

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 19:34

Read our FLYERS - click below

Reference links provided to aid in fine-tuning your writings. ENJOY!

more Quotes
more Art Quotes
Dictionary.com ~ Thesaurus.com

Search:
for
Type in a word below to find its rhymes, synonyms, and more:

Word: