Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

IPB

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> THE LITTLE WHITE BIRD, by James Barrie, First staged version of P.P. was based on this book...
Psyche
post Mar 3 08, 18:04
Post #1

Ornate Oracle
Group Icon

Group: Praetorian
Member No.: 78
Writer of: Poetry & Prose
Referred By:David Ting

Hi all! cheer.gif

I'd like to leave a link here to James Barrie's book THE LITTLE WHITE BIRD. The first staged version of Peter Pan was based on this tale, and not on the Peter Pan story as I had imagined. Perhaps everybody knows this, but just in case, here goes:

http://barrie.thefreelibrary.com/The-Little-White-Bird/1-1

It's too long to post here. If anybody is interested in reading all the chapters, they'll be quite surprised at Barrie's novel, which was rather daring for that period. There was much scandal about him during his life, and his habit of always playing with little boys at Indians, pirates, or whatever... Speechless.gif But he achieved success with his play, nonetheless.

And has anybody read THE LITTLE MINISTER by the same author? I loved it in my teens, and read it many times over. The 'little minister' is young, short, chubby and boyish, a delightful person. A lovely novel!! happy.gif

There was a movie about Barrie's life, with Johnny Depp and Kate Winslet, I believe.

Cheers, Sylvia *** minniemouse.gif

·······IPB·······

Mis temas favoritos

The Lord replied, my precious, precious child, I love you and I would never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you.

"There is no life higher than the grasstops
Or the hearts of sheep, and the wind
Pours by like destiny, bending
Everything in one direction."

Sylvia Plath, Crossing the Water, Wuthering Heights.

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

MM Award Winner

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 06:17

Read our FLYERS - click below

Reference links provided to aid in fine-tuning your writings. ENJOY!

more Quotes
more Art Quotes
Dictionary.com ~ Thesaurus.com

Search:
for
Type in a word below to find its rhymes, synonyms, and more:

Word: