Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

IPB
> Forum Changes to Poetry Category, Your feedback welcome!
Cleo_Serapis
post Jan 15 05, 10:04
Post #1

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 2
Writer of: Poetry & Prose
Referred By:Imhotep

Hello everyone reading this tile!  wave.gif

A while ago, James and I had a conversation regarding site navigation and forum layout. James has kindly mentioned this topic to me again this morning which I believe has great merit and will summarize here in the thread.  detective.gif

New visitors to MM often times get overwhelmed by all the forum offerings (mostly in the Poetry area). I've just made one merge a few minutes ago for the less frequented forum "Garden of Eden" formerly for polished works - not for critique. I have taken all the posts in there and merged them into "Plato's Pearls of Wisdom" and slightly re-worded the forum description. Now, the new and improved forum shall be used as follows:

Plato's Pearls of Wisdom (Exhibition - NOT for Critique)
Posts in this forum are for exhibition and polished works only. Post here only when poet feels their work is polished or does not seek a critique. Thanks for adding tiles to our Mosaic! All forms of poetry are welcome in this forum.
The 1:3:2 rule applies here. See forum rules for more details.

I am also planning to have also merged Punner's Paradise (Comedic Themes), and The Fountain of Youth (Youthful Themes) into Angkor Wat Accolades (Seasonal Works) and re-worded it as 'Themed Works - Not for Critique'.

Now for the REAL challenge:  detective.gif
We would like to CHANGE the format of Homer's Homilies (Poetry for GENTLE Critique) AND Socrates’ Synapse (Poetry for COMPLEX Critique).

Most of our writers already provide a complex or thorough critique to those posts in Homers. Questions have arisen with regard to Socrates. To quote James (Jox):
There are more poems than ever on MM and two or three posting forums may be justified - but I would suggest along different lines than at present. Maybe one could be form poems and another freeform? A third could be non-form rhyming and so on.

I am in agreement with James' idea in that I would like make a change to both forums and do away with a 'gentle' verses 'complex' critique division. Idea.gif

The idea is to change Homers to be a 'structured R & M (form) poetry' forum and Socrates to a 'non-structured (freeform) poetry' forum.

If our members agree, it will take me a while to move the posts accordingly between Homers and Socrates but all in all, I  like the sound  sings.gif and beat  dance.gif of this idea and I feel it would be an improvement to MM's forum board.

On a second note, I would also like to begin a forum for external competitions offered elsewhere on the Internet - perhaps within Incan Inversions?
Any suggestions and referals are most welcome!

Your feedback is appreciated all!  king.gif

Cheers! cheer.gif
GroupHug.gif

~Cleo  Pharoah.gif

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page

Start new topic
Replies
Cleo_Serapis
post Feb 26 05, 09:51
Post #2

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 2
Writer of: Poetry & Prose
Referred By:Imhotep

Slight name change on Hermia's forum to Herme's (two syllables much easier)! laugh.gif

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page

Posts in this topic
- Cleo_Serapis   Forum Changes to Poetry Category   Jan 15 05, 10:04
- - Toumai   Hi Cleo, MM certainly is a little daunting at fir...   Jan 15 05, 11:17
- - Jox   Hi, Scientific Poem Competition - Sorry about th...   Jan 15 05, 11:26
- -   Dear Cleo, Suddenly, I KNOW why MM site navigatio...   Jan 15 05, 13:50
- - Nina   Hi Cleo It does seem a good idea to combine some ...   Jan 15 05, 16:17
- - Jox   Hi all & Lori, Alan, Nina, The division into form...   Jan 15 05, 16:29
- - Cleo_Serapis   Thanks all so far for your responses! I've also h...   Jan 15 05, 17:06
- - Jox   Lori... That makes things simpler. A slight probl...   Jan 15 05, 17:17
- - Cleo_Serapis   Hello James. Yes - that seems fair - partial rhym...   Jan 15 05, 17:44
- - Jox   Sounds excellent. Why not restrict "starting" pos...   Jan 15 05, 17:50
- -   Dear Cleo and Jox, I'm bothered by making pos...   Jan 15 05, 17:54
- - Jox   Hi Alan, actually that was a quote from Lori's...   Jan 15 05, 18:01
- -   Dear Jox, My point in essence : Do I want simple...   Jan 15 05, 18:05
- - Cleo_Serapis   Potential NEW forum names for FV poetry: Hadrian'...   Jan 15 05, 18:05
- - Jox   Hi Alan, Sorry - yes, I understood your point ve...   Jan 15 05, 18:09
- - Cleo_Serapis   Oops! Now you two have been busy posting whilst I ...   Jan 15 05, 18:11
- - Nina   Hi Lori and James I'm with Alan on this. ...   Jan 15 05, 18:15
- - Jox   Well, yes that does seem simple sense to me, Lori ...   Jan 15 05, 18:15
- - Jox   Hi Nina. I like the idea of simplicity, too. But ...   Jan 15 05, 18:21
- - Cleo_Serapis   Hello Nina!   Hmmm - I will ask Eric and Ron to ...   Jan 15 05, 18:33
- -   Dear Jox, You are very kind to say that I am conc...   Jan 15 05, 18:42
- - Jox   Hi Alan, Well I do sometimes makes poor attempts ...   Jan 15 05, 18:48
- - Cleo_Serapis   Hi Alan!   I am going to use a few of your poems ...   Jan 15 05, 18:53
- - Cleo_Serapis   Another example is with my poem "A Visitation to V...   Jan 15 05, 19:15
- - jgdittier   Dear All, I was a "cousin" at POEMS place, now def...   Jan 15 05, 21:24
- - Toumai   I'm enjoying MM so much - a friendly, helpful ...   Jan 16 05, 04:35
- - Jox   Hi Ron, I think you'll find there are a lot o...   Jan 16 05, 05:09
- - Cleo_Serapis   I think it will fall into place once we start the ...   Jan 16 05, 08:22
- - Jox   Hi all, I think the information / definitions whi...   Jan 16 05, 09:16
- -   Dear Cleo, Experienced as I might be in writing v...   Jan 16 05, 09:17
- - Cleo_Serapis   Hi Alan.  :rainbow: I DO appreciate your wo...   Jan 16 05, 09:58

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:54

Read our FLYERS - click below

Reference links provided to aid in fine-tuning your writings. ENJOY!

more Quotes
more Art Quotes
Dictionary.com ~ Thesaurus.com

Search:
for
Type in a word below to find its rhymes, synonyms, and more:

Word: