Do you feel the glistening
smile that is your ardor’s
song, spoken of heart?
Can you reach the
hideaway…
within
you?

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page
Guest_Jox_*
post Aug 7 05, 11:51
Post #2

Hi Lori,

Thank goodness you're back writing / posting (is this new?) after all your admin work.

Great "trinket"  shape!

I would suggest various word-tweaks but I think they would ruin the shape. So well done - reminds me of the song "Search For The Hero inside Yourself."

TTFN, J.

Cleo_Serapis
post Aug 7 05, 12:28
Post #3

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 2
Writer of: Poetry & Prose
Referred By:Imhotep

Hi J! wave.gif

Actually, this one is a few years old.... :p

I tweaked it somewhat trying to get that diamond shape...

By all means, offer your suggestions and I'll see if they can be made to fot (if I like them). That's why I posted it in Seren's... laugh.gif

I think this was a Pandora (or a challenge from another site to write about "Hidden Treasures"?

Cheers!
~Cleo aragorn.gif

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

Guest_Jox_*
post Aug 7 05, 13:00
Post #4

Hi Lori,

Thanks for the info.

OK...

Suggestions - {-}[+] (comments) - As YOU Like It.

{We
are} [we're] all
[rough] diamonds {in
the rough} seeking
shimmering trinkets  
{that}[which] can only be found
when {one searches}[searching] literal
environs. Hidden treasures gleam
in surges. {A} self-worth now uncovered!
How deep must {one}[we] dig to discover
hidden treasures within {us all}?
song, spoken of heart?
Can you reach {the}[that]
hideaway{…}
within
{you}?

(rough diamonds is a cliche and you do overcome that but the replacement phrase does sound somewhat contrived methinks - hence my suggestion).

But I think the shape won't sustain that!

Cheers, J.

Guest_Don_*
post Aug 7 05, 13:52
Post #5

Hi Lori,

Don't forget that diamonds lie freely on South African beaches. Not so unguarded as to be risky.  I refer to all diamonds need not require digging.  However, since most of the famous large ones were mined...

Don

Guest_Nina_*
post Aug 7 05, 15:38
Post #6

Hi Lori

I love the shape of this poem.  It fits so well with the message.  James has given you plenty of suggestions to work with, so I'll just enjoy the poem and the sentiments.

Nina

Guest_Cathy_*
post Aug 15 05, 15:17
Post #7

Hi Lori,

Somehow I missed this one.  I love the sentiment!

We
are all
diamonds in
the rough seeking Slightly cliche?
shimmering trinkets  
that can only be found
when one searches literal
in surges[;]{. A} self-worth now uncovered!
How deep must [we]{one}[delve] {dig} to discover
hidden treasures within [ourselves]{us all}?
Do you feel the glistening "sense" instead of "feel"?
song, spoken of heart?
Can you reach the
hideaway…
within
you?

We
are all
raw diamonds
bravely seeking
shimmering trinkets  
that can only be found
in surges; self-worth now uncovered!
How deep must we delve to discover
hidden treasures within ourselves?
Do you sense the glistening
song, spoken of heart?
Can you reach the
hideaway…
within
you?

The suggested word changes were meant to smooth out the diamond
shape somewhat but I don't know if it did or not.   grinning.gif
Just something to consider.  LOL  Toss if they don't work for you!
Cathy

Cleo_Serapis
post Aug 15 05, 17:53
Post #8

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Jox @ Aug. 07 2005, 14:00)
Hi Lori,

Thanks for the info.

OK...

Suggestions - {-}[+] (comments) - As YOU Like It.

{We
are} [we're] all
[rough] diamonds {in
the rough} seeking
shimmering trinkets  
{that}[which] can only be found
when {one searches}[searching] literal
in surges. {A} self-worth now uncovered!
How deep must {one}[we] dig to discover
hidden treasures within {us all}?
song, spoken of heart?
Can you reach {the}[that]
hideaway{…}
within
{you}?

(rough diamonds is a cliche and you do overcome that but the replacement phrase does sound somewhat contrived methinks - hence my suggestion).

But I think the shape won't sustain that!

Cheers, J.

Thanks so much James!  :)

I will ponder your ideas and see what we can do with this one.

Instead od 'diamonds in the rough' I wonder what 'uncut diamonds' would look like. Idea.gif

I'll fiddle with this in the coming days.

Thabks again!
~Cleo  :pharoah:

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post Aug 15 05, 17:54
Post #9

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Don @ Aug. 07 2005, 14:52)
Hi Lori,

Don't forget that diamonds lie freely on South African beaches. Not so unguarded as to be risky.  I refer to all diamonds need not require digging.  However, since most of the famous large ones were mined...

Don

Hello Don.

Ahhh OK - I didn't know that - that puts a kink in the poem methinks. Couch.gif

I'll see what I can come up with...

Cheers!
~Cleo  :)

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post Aug 15 05, 17:55
Post #10

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Nina @ Aug. 07 2005, 16:38)
Hi Lori

I love the shape of this poem.  It fits so well with the message.  James has given you plenty of suggestions to work with, so I'll just enjoy the poem and the sentiments.

Nina

...and I've enjoyed your visit and comments Nina!  :sun:

Thanks so much!

Cheers  :grinning:
~Cleo

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post Aug 15 05, 17:59
Post #11

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(larrysgirl5548 @ Aug. 15 2005, 16:17)
Hi Lori,

Somehow I missed this one.  I love the sentiment!

We
are all
diamonds in
the rough seeking Slightly cliche?
shimmering trinkets  
that can only be found
in surges[;]{. A} self-worth now uncovered!
How deep must [we]{one}[delve] {dig} to discover
hidden treasures within [ourselves]{us all}?
Do you feel the glistening "sense" instead of "feel"?
song, spoken of heart?
Can you reach the
hideaway…
within
you?

We
are all
raw diamonds
bravely seeking
shimmering trinkets  
that can only be found
in surges; self-worth now uncovered!
How deep must we delve to discover
hidden treasures within ourselves?
Do you sense the glistening
song, spoken of heart?
Can you reach the
hideaway…
within
you?

The suggested word changes were meant to smooth out the diamond
shape somewhat but I don't know if it did or not.   grinning.gif
Just something to consider.  LOL  Toss if they don't work for you!
Cathy

Hello Cathy!  :wave:

No worries - I hadn't replied to the wonderful comments myself until tonight.  :upside:  :oops:

I like your ideas (and some of James' too) and you've made the diamond shape more refined.

Yes - that cliche thing! Wall.gif I was tinking maybe uncut diamonds?

I also realized that I've used the snippet phrase TWICE in here : Hidden treasure   Oo.gif  Shock  :p

Hmmmm - back to the drawing board....

Stay tuned and thankies!  :read:

~Cleo  :pharoah:

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Guest_Don_*
post Aug 15 05, 18:03
Post #12

QUOTE(Cleo_Serapis @ Aug. 15 2005, 18:54)
QUOTE(Don @ Aug. 07 2005, 14:52)
Hi Lori,

Don

Hello Don.

Cheers!
~Cleo  :)

Stop looking above ground, and leave the image of mining as is.

Another trick to smoothing a shape is font change.

Don

Guest_Cathy_*
post Aug 15 05, 21:42
Post #13

Hi Lori,

I like your ideas (and some of James' too) and you've made the diamond shape more refined.

Not all of it ... lines 2 & 7 could be just a tad longer.

Yes - that cliche thing!  I was tinking maybe uncut diamonds?

I tried that ... I think it's a tad too long.

I also realized that I've used the snippet phrase TWICE in here : Hidden treasure

I noticed that but being it was a challenge I thought maybe it was supposed to be that way.

Back to the drawing board!  I know how you feel.  I've been doing that with Rose and Willow for a year now.

Cathy laugh.gif

Guest_Jox_*
post Aug 16 05, 02:41
Post #14

Hi Lori - yes, uncut is much better methinks, also Steggy may be able to help if you ask her about "uncut" or "rough" or "shapeless." She's very obliging.

Cheers, J.

Cleo_Serapis
post Aug 16 05, 05:11
Post #15

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

[quote=Don,Aug. 15 2005, 19:03][quote=Cleo_Serapis,Aug. 15 2005, 18:54
Hello Don.

Cheers!
~Cleo  :)[/quote]
Stop looking above ground, and leave the image of mining as is.

Another trick to smoothing a shape is font change.

Don
[/quote]
Yee hee thanks Don - I hadn't thought of changin the fonts...

OK amining we will go!  :dragon:

Cheers!
~Cleo  :grinning:

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post Aug 16 05, 05:13
Post #16

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(larrysgirl5548 @ Aug. 15 2005, 22:42)
Hi Lori,

I also realized that I've used the snippet phrase TWICE in here : Hidden treasure

I noticed that but being it was a challenge I thought maybe it was supposed to be that way.

Back to the drawing board!  I know how you feel.  I've been doing that with Rose and Willow for a year now.

Cathy laugh.gif

Hi Cathy.

Perhaps the phrase 'uncut jewels' as it keeps the 11 spaces there?

Yeppers, back to the drawing board....  :block:

A poet's work is never done......  :upside:  :oops:  :laugh:

~Cleo  :vic:

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Guest_Cathy_*
post Aug 16 05, 15:12
Post #17

Hey Lori,

"Uncut jewels" works ... I tried it.  LOL

I think if you were to go with
uncut jewels
a sparkling trinket
when one is searching literal
it will smooth out the top half of the shape.  The only "off" place
would then be in line 2.  Maybe you could put an extra space
between "are" and "all".  LOL

Cathy

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 22:28

Read our FLYERS - click below

Reference links provided to aid in fine-tuning your writings. ENJOY!

more Quotes
more Art Quotes
Dictionary.com ~ Thesaurus.com

Search:
for
Type in a word below to find its rhymes, synonyms, and more:

Word: