JustDaniel
post Mar 20 20, 07:17
Post #21

Ornate Oracle

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 6
Writer of: Poetry
Referred By:Lori

What clown decided to mix glycerin gel into our food system? What was the purpose? Our planet will be filled with fecal pollution, and the wildlife will laugh at us, seagulls and pigeons pooping on our hats.

Utilized Sylvia's 10 words:

clown
mix
glycerin
gel
purpose
planet
pollution
wildlife
laugh
hat

·······IPB·······

Slow down; things will go faster!

MM Award Winner

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page
Psyche
post Mar 21 20, 18:17
Post #22

Ornate Oracle
Group Icon

Group: Praetorian
Member No.: 78
Writer of: Poetry & Prose
Referred By:David Ting

QUOTE (JustDaniel @ Mar 20 20, 09:17 ) *
What clown decided to mix glycerin gel into our food system? What was the purpose? Our planet will be filled with fecal pollution, and the wildlife will laugh at us, seagulls and pigeons pooping on our hats.

Utilized Sylvia's 10 words:

clown
mix
glycerin
gel
purpose
planet
pollution
wildlife
laugh
hat

Very funny, delighted Daniel...lol. But you're lazy, didn't substitute 6 words. All the work for me, you bad boy. rofl.gif wacko.gif

·······IPB·······

Mis temas favoritos

The Lord replied, my precious, precious child, I love you and I would never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you.

"There is no life higher than the grasstops
Or the hearts of sheep, and the wind
Pours by like destiny, bending
Everything in one direction."

Sylvia Plath, Crossing the Water, Wuthering Heights.

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

MM Award Winner

JustDaniel
post Mar 22 20, 02:39
Post #23

Ornate Oracle

Complain, complain. I just thought I ought to use all of your words FIRST before setting about the change them!! I'm not lazy! That completed, I've changed three of the words for this little story:

All over the planet mothers are mixing all purpose flour with eggs, milk and other ingredients to create clown pancakes for their children to give them laughs and nutrition. After breakfast, they send the children outside with their hats and coats on, taking the leftovers to feed the birds and other wildlife.

planet
mother
mix
purpose
milk
clown
laugh
nutrition
hat
wildlife

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Psyche
post Mar 25 20, 13:42
Post #24

Ornate Oracle
Group Icon

QUOTE (JustDaniel @ Mar 22 20, 04:39 ) *
Complain, complain. I just thought I ought to use all of your words FIRST before setting about the change them!! I'm not lazy! That completed, I've changed three of the words for this little story:

All over the planet mothers are mixing all purpose flour with eggs, milk and other ingredients to create clown pancakes for their children to give them laughs and nutrition. After breakfast, they send the children outside with their hats and coats on, taking the leftovers to feed the birds and other wildlife.

planet
mother
mix
purpose
milk
clown
laugh
nutrition
hat
wildlife

Great,Daniel! You can use the words in any order you please. Better if you change more, but there are no rules on that one. goodjob.gif

·······IPB·······

Mis temas favoritos

The Lord replied, my precious, precious child, I love you and I would never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you.

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

MM Award Winner

JustDaniel
post Mar 26 20, 04:38
Post #25

Ornate Oracle

Okay, dear. I thought that changing FOUR words would be enough, so here it is. Before we change any more, why don't YOU try using MY TEN WORDS first? Whatcha think?

It was my mother's purpose to head to the store to purchase some bread and milk, but she had a sudden compulsion to abandon our nutrition and began a mission to find toilet paper. Since it was only eight in the morning, she decided to try Walmart, since it was just opening and most to the vultures would not have arrived yet. The store employees had just re-stocked the aisle, so she threw ten packages into her cart and turned to the checkout, laughing out loud. The cashier, however, told her she could only have four packages. Still, she arrived home joyfully... until she realized she'd forgotten the milk and bread.

mother
purpose
purchase
milk
abandon
nutrition
mission
toilet paper
laugh
forget

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Psyche
post Mar 26 20, 16:47
Post #26

Ornate Oracle
Group Icon

QUOTE (JustDaniel @ Mar 26 20, 06:38 ) *
Okay, dear. I thought that changing FOUR words would be enough, so here it is. Before we change any more, why don't YOU try using MY TEN WORDS first? Whatcha think?

It was my mother's purpose to head to the store to purchase some bread and milk, but she had a sudden compulsion to abandon our nutrition and began a mission to find toilet paper. Since it was only eight in the morning, she decided to try Walmart, since it was just opening and most to the vultures would not have arrived yet. The store employees had just re-stocked the aisle, so she threw ten packages into her cart and turned to the checkout, laughing out loud. The cashier, however, told her she could only have four packages. Still, she arrived home joyfully... until she realized she'd forgotten the milk and bread.

mother
purpose
purchase
milk
abandon
nutrition
mission
toilet paper
laugh
forget

My mother laughed about toilet paper. Her purpose was to use the bidet. She'd forget about nutrition such as milky desserts. I abandoned my mission to reform my family, so I purchased an old gramaphone.

family
gramaphone
ship
London
sadness
Antarctica
forget
purchase
purpose
laugh

I used all your ten words, don't complain! But now I've changed 6. Have a fantastic trip. minniemouse.gif rollerskater.gif

·······IPB·······

Mis temas favoritos

MM Award Winner

JustDaniel
post Mar 26 20, 17:45
Post #27

Ornate Oracle

I had to laugh, because my family couldn't afford a gramophone, so they simply used the gramaphone when grams wasn't talking on it! She liked to call her sister for any purpose in London, and her grandson when she could. He was on a military mission in Antarctica. Sometimes she would forget what she was talking about because of her overwhelming sadness not to be able to see them in person. She always said she just wanted to purchase a ticket and get on a ship to see them.

I used all of your words and then changed five for your next story:

family
perceptive
ship
Timbuctoo
sadness
South Africa
forget
steal
purpose
unintelligible

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Psyche
post Mar 29 20, 11:00
Post #28

Ornate Oracle
Group Icon

QUOTE (JustDaniel @ Mar 26 20, 19:45 ) *
I had to laugh, because my family couldn't afford a gramophone, so they simply used the gramaphone when grams wasn't talking on it! She liked to call her sister for any purpose in London, and her grandson when she could. He was on a military mission in Antarctica. Sometimes she would forget what she was talking about because of her overwhelming sadness not to be able to see them in person. She always said she just wanted to purchase a ticket and get on a ship to see them.

family
perceptive
ship
Timbuctoo
sadness
South Africa
forget
steal
purpose
unintelligible

Great use of the words, Daniel. You always make me laugh! I'll be returning, gotta have lunch now.

·······IPB·······

Mis temas favoritos

MM Award Winner

Psyche
post Mar 29 20, 14:33
Post #29

Ornate Oracle
Group Icon

QUOTE (Psyche @ Mar 29 20, 13:00 ) *
QUOTE (JustDaniel @ Mar 26 20, 19:45 ) *

family
perceptive
ship
Timbuctoo
sadness
South Africa
forget
steal
purpose
unintelligible

Great use of the words, Daniel. You always make me laugh! I'll be returning, gotta have lunch now.

My family boarded a ship to South Africa. Sadly, somebody stole our cellphones. We were so sad that we forgot we'd planned to travel to Timbuctoo. I'm a highly perceptive person, but the purpose of the thieves was unintelligible to me.

family
sadness
forget
steal
purpose
beard
pipe
honney
computer
clouds

There go five new words, Daniel. Looking forward to your wee story. goodjob.gif bowdown.gif

·······IPB·······

Mis temas favoritos

MM Award Winner

JustDaniel
post Mar 30 20, 16:34
Post #30

Ornate Oracle

Your ten words, in the order in which they appear in my "story":

family
purpose
steal
honney (your error, not mine!)
beard
clouds
pipe
computer
forget
sadness

There we were, our whole family gathered for but one purpose, to steal away to the funeral service of our great uncle, Honney Hohumm. There he lay with his long beard, eyes in the clouds, a pipe in one had and laptop computer in the other. Who could ever forget such a journey of sadness.

Five changes for your ten words:

purpose
honey
baseboard
pipe
computer
sadness
willful
compunction
graphics
easel

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Psyche
post Mar 30 20, 17:52
Post #31

Ornate Oracle
Group Icon

QUOTE (JustDaniel @ Mar 30 20, 18:34 ) *
Your ten words, in the order in which they appear in my "story":

family
purpose
steal
honney (your error, not mine!)
beard
clouds
pipe
computer
forget
sadness

There we were, our whole family gathered for but one purpose, to steal away to the funeral service of our great uncle, Honney Hohumm. There he lay with his long beard, eyes in the clouds, a pipe in one had and laptop computer in the other. Who could ever forget such a journey of sadness.

Five changes for your ten words:

purpose
honey
baseboard
pipe
computer
sadness
willful
compunction
graphics
easel

purpose
honey
baseboard
pipe
computer
sadness
willful
compunction
graphics
easel

My cousin is a willful person, his only purpose is to raise honeybees. One day, feeling sad, he set up his easel to draw graphics for a proyect he had in mind. There he was, smoking his pipe, when he decided to paint the baseboard bright red. It was a strange compunction but, as I said, he was kinda willy nilly.

Sorry about "honney", you must pardon me. You know I speak "Spanglish". lovie.gif Here I leave you with 5 new words. Good luck!

broom
askew
mug
diploma
curtains
honey
computer
sadness
graphics
purpose

·······IPB·······

Mis temas favoritos

MM Award Winner

JustDaniel
post Mar 30 20, 23:19
Post #32

Ornate Oracle

sadness
diploma
purpose
mug
curtains
honey
computer
graphics
askew
broom

I left Tacoma with sadness after I got my HS diploma, but it was my purpose to prepare for ministry in college, so I turned my mug south to Pasadena, the land of gardens (tending some of them was how I paid my way), so it was curtains for the Northwest. A little extra honey on my morning toast I headed to class each morning, in the days before computers and graphics to help us in our studies. Even though I was dedicated to the college, the Dean thought that I was askew, so he took out his broom and swept me to the street, interrupting my education with three weeks before final exams in the first semester of my junior year!

Five of your old words, five new ones:

diploma
intelligence
mug
perspective
curtains
pomegranate
graphics
askew
pedestal
broom

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Psyche
post Apr 1 20, 17:31
Post #33

Ornate Oracle
Group Icon

QUOTE (JustDaniel @ Mar 31 20, 01:19 ) *
sadness
diploma
purpose
mug
curtains
honey
computer
graphics
askew
broom

I left Tacoma with sadness after I got my HS diploma, but it was my purpose to prepare for ministry in college, so I turned my mug south to Pasadena, the land of gardens (tending some of them was how I paid my way), so it was curtains for the Northwest. A little extra honey on my morning toast I headed to class each morning, i the days before computers and graphics to help us in our studies. Even though I was dedicated to the college, the Dean thought that I was askew, so he took out his broom and swept me to the street, interrupting my education with three weeks before final exams in the first semester of my junior year!

Five of your old words, five new ones:

diploma
intelligence
mug
perspective
curtains
pomegranate
graphics
askew
pedestal
broom

You always make me laugh with your stories. Perfect for these times. How are you? Less pain? Hope so. I still haven't gotten my head around your story because I laughed too much. Not sure, but seems there aren't 5 new words. Never mind, in the morning I hope to have a clear head. Gonna have supper with Diana and Roberto. That's my daughter and son in law. Praying for your good health.

·······IPB·······

Mis temas favoritos

MM Award Winner

JustDaniel
post Apr 1 20, 17:57
Post #34

Ornate Oracle

This one made you laugh? Hmm... It really happened to me! I was a thousand miles from home with nowhere to go and everything I owned was in my dorm room. I had no transportation except a bicycle, and I had 24 hours to vacate campus with nowhere to go and no way to get there! 12 hours later the Dean found me talking with a member of the 40-some member student body, and he ordered me off the campus!! (12 hours early!)

Two years later, after he'd left the school and was pastoring a little church near Pasco, WA, a man came into his home-office, pulled out a pistol and shot him in the head. Honestly (and I realize, somewhat coldly) I understood the man's rage. He simply did not understand human beings, and it cost him and his family dearly.

If I had not been kicked out of that school I'd have never met my wife.

Love in Light, Daniel Speechless.gif

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Psyche
post Apr 4 20, 14:37
Post #35

Ornate Oracle
Group Icon

Oh my, Daniel, what a series of bad and happy times, especially the ending when you met your wife. In Spanish we say "No hay mal que por bien no venga." More or less "There's no evil that hasn't come for a good cause". But shooting people is not included, that's plain evil, whoever the victim. Personally, in my heart I have forgiven everybody, even my first husband, who was a psycopath. I'm sure God forgives people with mental illnesses, they're born and nurtured that way.

How are you coping? Have you gotten your laptop, or are you back home? Wishing you all the best. You and your family are always in my prayers.
Keep safe. cheer.gif GroupHug.gif

·······IPB·······

Mis temas favoritos

MM Award Winner

JustDaniel
post Apr 11 20, 02:37
Post #36

Ornate Oracle

pomegranate
mug
diploma
intelligence
broom
curtains
askew
pedestal
graphics
perspective

With a pomegranate in her mug and with no diploma and little intelligence, the witch mounted her broom and was off on another adventure with an unsuspecting victim. Was it curtains for me? My life is all askew. The woman flew off of her pedestal, leaving me a potential meme complete with graphics. How had I so lost perspective?

Replacing five words, here is your list:

scotch
scissors
mustache
underwear
duct tape
pomegranate
diploma
curtains
graphics
perspective

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Psyche
post Apr 11 20, 09:53
Post #37

Ornate Oracle
Group Icon

QUOTE (JustDaniel @ Apr 11 20, 04:37 ) *
pomegranate
mug
diploma
intelligence
broom
curtains
askew
pedestal
graphics
perspective

With a pomegranate in her mug and with no diploma and little intelligence, the witch mounted her broom and was off on another adventure with an unsuspecting victim. Was it curtains for me? My life is all askew. The woman flew off of her pedestal, leaving me a potential meme complete with graphics. How had I so lost perspective?

scotch
scissors
mustache
underwear
duct tape
pomegranate
diploma
curtains
graphics
perspective

As usual, you've made me laugh. You haven't lost the knack despite your knee. I'll be answering soon, gotta make lunch now. Keep safe and smile. goodjob.gif bowdown.gif

·······IPB·······

Mis temas favoritos

MM Award Winner

JustDaniel
post Apr 13 20, 00:54
Post #38

Ornate Oracle

Looking forward to your answer!!!

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Psyche
post Apr 15 20, 11:49
Post #39

Ornate Oracle
Group Icon

QUOTE (Psyche @ Apr 11 20, 11:53 ) *
QUOTE (JustDaniel @ Apr 11 20, 04:37 ) *
pomegranate
mug
diploma
intelligence
broom
curtains
askew
pedestal
graphics
perspective

scotch
scissors
mustache
underwear
duct tape
pomegranate
diploma
curtains
graphics
perspective

As usual, you've made me laugh. You haven't lost the knack despite your knee. I'll be answering soon, gotta make lunch now. Keep safe and smile. goodjob.gif bowdown.gif

scotch
scissors
mustache
underwear
duct tape
pomegranate
diploma
curtains
graphics
perspective

This guy in his underwear grabbed a pair of scissors and cut down the curtains as well as trimming his mustache. He'd downed a tall glass of scotch with pomegranate, so he'd totally lost perspective and used duct tape to hang his Graphics Diploma in the back shed.

scotch
duct tape
perspective
pomegranate
graphics
ocean
juggle
candy
arrow
rhetoric

Here's your list.

·······IPB·······

Mis temas favoritos

MM Award Winner

JustDaniel
post Apr 15 20, 19:14
Post #40

Ornate Oracle

This guy in his underwear grabbed a pair of scissors and cut down the curtains as well as trimming his mustache. He'd downed a tall glass of scotch with pomegranate, so he'd totally lost perspective and used duct tape to hang his Graphics Diploma in the back shed.

Sylvia's words (in order of their appearance in the story)

duct tape
scotch
juggle
pomegranates
candy
ocean
perspective
graphics
arrow
rhetoric

Can you believe that Sylvia's friend Eric actually duct taped the legs of his underwear and then filled them up with scotch to increase his attention while he juggled pomegranates and candy canes standing at the shore of the Atlantic Ocean? He felt that it would give him a better perspective for developing the necessary graphics for his coming exhibition, where he hoped to plant his rhetorical arrow in the bull's eye with his brilliant presentation.

New Word List (replacing 5 of Sylvia's words):

juggle
candy
ocean
perspective
arrow
sun dial
repercussions
abacus
speedometer
coronavirus

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

18 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 04:16

Read our FLYERS - click below

Reference links provided to aid in fine-tuning your writings. ENJOY!

more Quotes
more Art Quotes
Dictionary.com ~ Thesaurus.com

Search:
for
Type in a word below to find its rhymes, synonyms, and more:

Word: