Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

IPB
> Smilies on the loose, overload problem
Guest_Rosemerta_*
post May 16 06, 08:28
Post #1

The Smilies are indeed one of the fun factors of posting and I do enjoy them. However, I have held some concern when they start running amuck in my temporary files folder. For those who understand what I mean, please be patient with me as I explain in more detail for those not as familiar with temp files.

Every time you visit a page (site-URL) everything, including the page, is automatically downloaded in your temperary files. Most people have their computers set to deleat these files every time you shut your computer down. If your computer tends to run sluggish you might want to check to see if your computer has these settings or go in and clean out those files on a regular basis. (It also helps to defrag now and then)

My concern over these cute little critters is that they make their way to this folder in full force every time I post. And if I'm looking through the 'show all' section this is even worse. I don't know if any of this is possible but here are a few suggestions that might help a little.

Instead of showing the smilies to the left, perhaps you could have links to small popup menus such as emotions, animals, Lord of the Rings, characters, etc. The small popup would then list the smiles alphabetically in that category by the text name only. With this would be the function of rolling the pointer over the text name to see the smilie image. This would keep many of the critters from escaping their cage without permission. rainbow.gif

I can't remember but I think you have an option for them to be seen or not but I like seeing them in the posts. Some may not like this idea and prefer looking at the images instead of the text so it might also be advantagous for individuals to choose which way they prefer.

Another benifit in this is that the individual may also become more familiar with what text goes with what image and remember those they use most often to just type it in and save time.

Just a thought but I would like to know what you think or even if this is at all possible.

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page

Posts in this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 12:50

Read our FLYERS - click below

Reference links provided to aid in fine-tuning your writings. ENJOY!

more Quotes
more Art Quotes
Dictionary.com ~ Thesaurus.com

Search:
for
Type in a word below to find its rhymes, synonyms, and more:

Word: