> Parallel Mini Story, Imaginative tales
Rhymer
post Nov 12 20, 06:56
Post #1

Trojan

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 1,150
Writer of: Poetry

Knowing Psyche has computer woes from time to time, and as I could find no connection between the ongoing original Mini Story and Psyche's words, yet thinking them ideal for making a new story line, decided to start this topic. After posting I checked that all was well, and left the site. Checking back later, it along with all my negotiating unknown waters to set it up, it hadf seemingly vanished into thin air some time later. But notwithstanding all the angst etc. I felt, decided nothing ventured, nothing gained, would suffice, so here it is again! Now I a Am waiting to see what happens this time. Please feel free to comment. Rhymer.

The following is Psyche's original list of words and her Chapter - copied and pasted, followed by my own Chapter hoping someone will continue with this secondary Mini Story. Ciao for now. Rhymer.

Birgitta, Prime Minister of Denmark
jealousy
Queen Mary
chapstick
rhino
enchanting
Run a mile
Desert Altiplano Atacama
Juan Diego Florez
tramp

Birgitta ,Prime Minister of Denmark (probably only the second woman to obtain that position,) is travelling on the Crown Suite of the Queen Mary when her lips became sorely chapped, so the Steward rushed off to get her some chapstick for the Royal lips, a product of the best quality. He happenned to be a very jealous person, so Birgitta invited Juan Diego Florez to sing for all the crew and all high and low "classes" of passengers.
One of the sailors found a stowaway down among the machinery. He was actually very dirty and drunk, as is usual with the lost tramps.
The Steward used to run a mile many times before he new onboard career on the Queen Mary.
Many years ago I was roaming around the Atacama Altiplano when I saw a tiger. I thought they were only native to Africa, India and so on. Could it have been a vision? I decided that I was not going to a high profile psyciatrist and have my brain washed. Not for me, so I said nothing to any of my friends and just moved to another town.

jealousy
rhino
enchanting
chapstick
Juan Diego Florez
Arabian stallions
whales
Rumi
diploma
measles

Whilst recovering from a bad bout of Measles, I had cause to use a Chapstick of salve to help heal my oft scratched sores. Measles being a disease that can prove fatal, I had for a time entered the realms of delerium and fantasy, where I had been roaming the Juan Diego Florez region. Here my delerium had me witness the antics of a Rhino who, consumed by Jealousy, chased Arabian Stallions along the shores of the Atlantic. A place where a pod of Killer Whales, in an unusual Enchanting manner were listening to the rhythmic poetry of Rumi, as he extolled the virtues of Me being awarded a Diploma for my extremely virtuoso talents. It was at that moment I returned to reality However, for a moment, I had basked in the glory Measles had awarded me. But wondered I? Would Mumps be so kind, were I to contract them? Doubtful. Rhymer.
enchanting
chapstick
Juan Diego Florez
Arabian stallions
whales
Staccato
Rock
Ling
Futuristic
Fathoms

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page
Rhymer
post Nov 17 20, 19:00
Post #2

Trojan

As it would seem no one is truly interested, I chose to write another Chapter - posted below. Perhaps? Just perhaps someone might put ten words up - after this has been posted and read, to allow someone -- me at least - to continue on - with the story - or perhaps someone will join in? Words that might inspire someone - even me - at worst - to continue writing? If so, please, all I ask is that they are such, I can at least try to compose a Chapter with some common sense appeal. Just trying to stay ahead of a severe bout of angst that might have me moving on. Thank you for your tolerance. Rhymer.

Here goes:

I was drifting lazily through La La Land. A place located somewhere between reality and dreamland, that is often visited by me now I grow older. A refuge where lifetime experiences meld into an Enchanting Futuristic daydream - sometimes brief - sometimes lengthy, but a place that captivates my senses for a time. Today I had embarked upon a journey through the Juan Diego Florez region. Although a place about which I knew nothing, its name seemed to suggest it was a place I would like to visit. It had come into being, thanks to my contact with a dear lady from Argentina who had mentioned its existence. Were I younger, I would be very tempted to visit and get more knowledge of its charms. Well suited for Futuristic dreaming, it brought a host of kaleidoscopic scenarios apropos to my dream.

Firstly I visualized my taking a sea trip down to the South. As I steamed southward, the Staccato sounds of a pod of Whales, rose from Fathoms deep, to serenade me. Next I glimpsed a number of Arabian Stallions galloping in full flight - purely from the joy of doing so - through the Ling covered hills. Intrigued by the colour, I hove to and anchored close to a towering Rock plateau that invited me to come and sit awhile in the warm sunshine. Ever cautious, I first rubbed on some Chap-stick salve on the off chance the combination of sea, sun and salt laden breeze, might cause me discomfort later. To be continued later. Rhymer.

JustDaniel
post Nov 18 20, 10:22
Post #3

Ornate Oracle

Member No.: 6
Referred By:Lori

enchanting
futuristic
Juan Diego Florez
Arabian stallions
Chapstick
whale
staccato
rock
ling
fathom

Quite an ENCHANTING story, Rhymer, complete with a FUTURISTIC fantasy story into the JUAN DIEGO FLOREZ region again. I'd love to see some ARABIAN STALLIONS myself. Were I to attempt to ride one, I'm afraid I'd need something stronger than CHAPSTICK to settle my rear end down, however. I'd have a WHALE of a sore butt, I'm afraid, especially if it were on a STACCATO pace. I'm sure that I'd have to stop halfway through the jaunt to sit on a ROCK somewhere and have my LING sandwich and give my tail a rest. If there were a deep pond, I'd probably want to attempt to FATHOM it's depth to also provide some relief.

staccato
rock
ling
futuristic
fathom
simpleton
marketer
publisher
director
Saskatoon

·······IPB·······

Slow down; things will go faster!

MM Award Winner

Rhymer
post Nov 18 20, 17:00
Post #4

Trojan

I doubt anyone - not even from Saskatoon, where they say men are brutes but generous - would make, let alone eat a Ling sandwich! Hard to Fathom what one would even look like? Perhaps a name for a Futuristic fast food item maybe? That would take a very clever Marketeer Marketer to Fathom out I think! It’s resulting effect would make great Copy for a Publisher who would probably think it some idiotic concoction dreamed up by either a Simpleton or a refugee from a hard Rock music Director-Producer who insists on a reverberating Staccato chorus, and a tooth chattering rhythmic cadence. Rhymer.

simpleton
marketer
publisher
director
Saskatoon
Cadence
Tornado
Pirates
Battery.

JustDaniel
post Nov 20 20, 07:34
Post #5

Ornate Oracle

Saskatoon
cadence
tornado
pirates
simpleton
publisher
battery
director
marketer

In SASKATOON the CADENCE of a TORNADO is slowed down simply by the landmass. There are no PIRATES there for the same reason; even a SIMPLETON would know that. I was going to send this story to PUBLISHER, but the BATTERY died on the cell phone where I wrote it, so I gave up. There's probably not a DIRECTOR alive who would pick it up for a movie anyhow, and he'd certainly not find a sane MARKETER who'd attempt to help him in the project! LOL

cadence
tornado
pirates
battery
multitude
similitude
dance partner
assault
ambulance
storm front

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Rhymer
post Nov 20 20, 10:05
Post #6

Trojan

Nov 20/2020.

cadence
tornado
pirates
battery
multitude
similitude
dance partner
assault
ambulance
storm front

Shortly after the Tornado Storm Front had left our neighbourhood, I and the lady I had called my Dance Partner for many years, joined a Multitude of nervous citizens - all with a Similitude of intent - that milled about the street to see what damage, the Assault - from the severe Battery of wind and rain - had inflicted upon our community. As we stood gazing aghast at the chaos seen, an eerie silence fell upon those watching. It was as though the normal Cadence of life itself was stilled, as all sought the needed resuscitation of normality. As we looked upon the scene of devastation, some compared it to that of Pirates unleashing a broadside on an unarmed Merchant vessel! Slowly as we stood gazing at the devastation, to allow a degree of reality to return, an Ambulance on its mission of mercy, with siren screaming out its heart stopping cacophony, cautiously threaded its way through the widespread debris. Ever a common sight seen after a catastrophe of this magnitude. Rhymer.

similitude
dance partner
assault
ambulance
storm front
Cock crow
Cirrus
Citrus
Janitor
Cable

JustDaniel
post Nov 20 20, 11:07
Post #7

Ornate Oracle

storm front
dance partner
cockcrow
similitude
assault
janitor
cable
cirrus
citrus
ambulance

After the STORM FRONT had passed through, my DANCE PARTNER and I heard the COCKCROW as a kind of beginning for the evening, in a SIMILITUDE of an announcement that the festivities were to begin, and there was a sudden ASSAULT on the dance floor, even before the JANITOR had been able to remove the CABLE draped across the entrance. The crowd simply knocked it down and walked over it, some now hovering like CIRRUS clouds in the balconies looking down on the dance floor. If that juvenile who's brought in several bottles of booze has his way, that CITRUS punch bowl is likely to result in the arrival later this evening of an AMBULANCE or two.

cockcrow
cirrus
citrus
janitor
cable
network
Georgia
Majority Leader
bread line
Black Friday

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Rhymer
post Nov 20 20, 18:40
Post #8

Trojan

Black Friday had dawned, but instead of celebrations, it was a black day in many other respects. At Cock Crow a long Bread Line had formed in the State of Georgia which, as a Janitor pointed out to the Majority Leader of the State, as they stood under a large Citrus tree, looking up at the Cirrus clouds slipping by to the East. It’s almost as though a Network Cable had formed through Facebook contact overnight. Rhymer.

network
Georgia
Majority Leader
bread line
Black Friday
Facebook
Overnight
Celebrations
Vigilante
Blue Jay

JustDaniel
post Nov 21 20, 00:33
Post #9

Ornate Oracle

Georgia
vigilantes
blue jay
overnight
celebrations
majority leader
Black Friday
Facebook
network
bread line

In GEORGIA a group of VIGILANTES, known as the BLUE JAY Brigade had formed OVERNIGHT after a spate of political CELEBRATIONS about the coming run-off election for the two Senate positions, which will in effect decide who the MAJORITY LEADER will be in the US Senate. It's unclear what the BJB is up to, but last night was a BLACK FRIDAY of a different sort with all of the negative anticipation of what they might do. There were thousands of posts on FACEBOOK about the event, and it was all over the news on every NETWORK. Even the people in the local BREAD LINE were talking bout it!

Facebook
overnight
celebrations
vigilante
blue jay
moonshine
twilight
mistletoe
tinsel
bread stuffing

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Rhymer
post Nov 21 20, 09:38
Post #10

Trojan

Facebook? Huh! Regarded as the authority on all things basic, where ‘the knowing’ spout their rhetoric and try to persuade Fake News, is the Gospel truth! Not for me, despite being told how essential a site it is! Fortunately there are Vigilantes who uncover such nonsense items. Somewhat like Christmas decorations, some regard as the ultimate in Celebrations, with nothing more than a brief glimpse of tawdry Tinsel seen at Twilight. Overnight many are seen as tattered remnant reminders of promises made under the Mistletoe after Moonshine induced vows are viewed in the stark reality of a cold New Year dawn! As for spotting a Blue Jay at the turn of the year? Chances are it is nothing more than a White Dove, looking for some uneaten Bread Stuffing. Turned blue from the biting cold of January it quickly brings us back to reality! Rhymer.

moonshine
twilight
mistletoe
tinsel
bread stuffing
Fake News
Tattered
Coal
Aquarius
Scorpion

JustDaniel
post Nov 22 20, 09:19
Post #11

Ornate Oracle

Scorpion
Aquarius
coal
tattered
fake news
moonshine
twilight
tinsel
mistletoe
bread stuffing

SCORPION ended yesterday, and AQUARIUS is around the corner, so it's time to be sure the COAL bin is full for the furnace and time to get out those TATTERED winter clothes you wear around the house at night while you're watching FAKE NEWS on the TV drinking your MOONSHINE after TWILIGHT. Soon you'll need to get out the TINSEL for your tree and hang up the MISTLETOE too... and (though you don't prefer turkey) you can prepare to have some of that delicious BREAD STUFFING that's made outside of the bird.

fake news
tattered
coal
Aquarius
scorpion
lioness
anteater
doggie doo
swamp
grape arbor

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Rhymer
post Nov 22 20, 16:34
Post #12

Trojan

QUOTE (JustDaniel @ Nov 22 20, 09:19 ) *
Scorpion
Aquarius
coal
tattered
fake news
moonshine
twilight
tinsel
mistletoe
bread stuffing

SCORPION ended yesterday, and AQUARIUS is around the corner, so it's time to be sure the COAL bin is full for the furnace and time to get out those TATTERED winter clothes you wear around the house at night while you're watching FAKE NEWS on the TV drinking your MOONSHINE after TWILIGHT. Soon you'll need to get out the TINSEL for your tree and hang up the MISTLETOE too... and (though you don't prefer turkey) you can prepare to have some of that delicious BREAD STUFFING that's made outside of the bird.

fake news
tattered
coal
Aquarius
scorpion
lioness
anteater
doggie doo
swamp
grape arbor

Hear Ye! Hear ye! Hear ye! Listen up for the latest Fake News overheard in the Grape Arbour that adjoins the Swamp. Yet another news item as was reported by that torn and Tattered old news hound, Daniel. Seemingly after spotting a Lioness and Anteater standing over the squashed remains of a Scorpion, it waas reported to him, by a bitter old Coal hewer who was born under the sign of Acquarius? The general Verdict? Naught but a pile of codswallop and Doggie Doo! Rhymer!

lioness
anteater
doggie doo
swamp
grape arbor
Rashers
Costers
Petticoat
Gaiters
Slow Worm

Rhymer
post Nov 22 20, 16:35
Post #13

Trojan

Hear Ye! Hear ye! Hear ye! Listen up for the latest Fake News overheard in the Grape Arbour that adjoins the Swamp. Yet another news item as was reported by that torn and Tattered old news hound, Daniel. Seemingly after spotting a Lioness and Anteater standing over the squashed remains of a Scorpion, it was reported to him, by a bitter old Coal hewer who was born under the sign of Acquarius? The general Verdict? Naught but a pile of codswallop and Doggie Doo! Rhymer!

lioness
anteater
doggie doo
swamp
grape arbor
Rashers
Costers
Petticoat
Gaiters
Slow Worm

JustDaniel
post Nov 23 20, 15:01
Post #14

Ornate Oracle

lioness
anteater
doggie doo
swamp
grape arbor
Rashers
Costers
Petticoat
Gaiters
Slow Worm

The poor old COSTER was selling his wares beneath the GRAPE ARBOR on the edge of the SWAMP, where a SLOW WORM was patiently boring through some of his fruit. He wore a pair of GAITERS on his feet, which were stained with DOGGIE DOO, and something like a PETTICOAT inexplicably on his torso. He was quite a sight.

Well to his left, a tame old LIONESS was finishing off two RASHERS of bacon, and an ANTEATER was burrowing into an anthill.

rashers
costers
petticoat
gaiters
slow worm
quarterback
small forward
scrum
ping pong
linebacker

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Rhymer
post Nov 23 20, 18:45
Post #15

Trojan

It was the fancy dress Charity ball of the Costers. With such a varied gathering, the night began with a Slow Worm conga line procession. It being one for abandonment, whereby participants would celebrate the Ancient Order of Barrow Boys. Along with a menu of grilled Rashers the ‘Theme’ was to be their fanciful interpretation of an American Football Scrum. As a result, party goers arriving in droves, were dressed in all manner of garb. One Small Forward wore Gaiters with a ‘gay’ uniform. Another participant found himself at the wrong party, but fascinated by what he saw, remained anyway! Yet another, was dressed in a Petticoat, looking like a beefy effeminate linesman! One heavily built man, carried a Table Tennis - otherwise known as Ping Pong - bat. He was supposedly a Linebacker. If you can imagine such a scene? Then Welcome. You certainly are a worthy participant! Rhymer.

quarterback
slow worm
small forward
scrum
ping pong
Pudding Head
Fishnet Briefs
Catapult
Backgammon
Klutz

JustDaniel
post Nov 25 20, 10:18
Post #16

Ornate Oracle

pudding head
klutz
scrum
slow worm
small forward
quarterback
fishnet briefs
catapult
ping pong
backgammon

Only a PUDDING HEAD KLUTZ would attempt to do a SCRUM like a SLOW WORM with a SMALL FORWARD and a QUARTERBACK with FISHNET BRIEFS who'd been CATAPULTed onto a PING PONG table! He should go back to playing BACKGAMMON!

pudding head
fishnet briefs
catapult
backgammon
klutz
billionaire
Nordic
cornucopia
bacchanalian
symphony

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Rhymer
post Nov 25 20, 12:01
Post #17

Trojan

Without a doubt, it had been a memorial Bacchanalian night. Hosted by a Nordic Billionaire it had been billed as an eclectic evening Symphony, which had proved to be a Cornucopia of delight. Taking place after a prolonged session of Backgammon, it had abruptly ended when a Klutz intruder - a typical aberrant Pudding Head who, dressed in Fishnet briefs, had Catapulted into the games room. Thus ended our night of symphonic rapture! Rhymer.

cornucopia
bacchanalian
symphony
catapult
backgammon
Rapture
Aberrant
Delightful
Raptor
Mediocre

JustDaniel
post Nov 25 20, 19:04
Post #18

Ornate Oracle

delightful
rapture
Bacchanalian
backgammon
aberrant
mediocre
raptor
symphony
cornucopia
catapult

We were playing a DELIGHTFUL, RAPTUROUS game of BACCHANALIAN BACKGAMMON (had to remove one item of clothing for every "2" rolled) while we listened to an ABERRANT and MEDIOCRE version of the RAPTOR SYMPHONY when suddenly our hostess tripped carrying a CORNUCOPIA of snacks, which CATAPULTED across the room!

rapture
aberrant
delightful
raptor
mediocre
sphincter
mocha latte
umbilical
menopause
merry-go-round

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Rhymer
post Nov 26 20, 10:34
Post #19

Trojan

I was enjoying a Mocha latte, even as the Cortege entered the Church grounds. Serenaded by a friendly Delightful Rapture group of the deceased friends - a rhythmic Raptor band, instead of the normally Mediocre Aberrant over rated Sphincter Rock group that attended most funerals. Those miscreants from the local Order of Menopause groupies would fondle dried Umbilical cords from which hung string instruments, salvaged from a Merry-go-round carousel, as they played a Requiem to mourners attending. Rhymer.

sphincter
mocha latte
umbilical
menopause
merry-go-round
Requiem
Shanty
Tsunami
Gopher
Black Forest

JustDaniel
post Nov 28 20, 05:20
Post #20

Ornate Oracle

gopher
sphincter
Black Forest
requiem
umbilical
menopause
merry-go-round
shanty
mocha latte
tsunami

Right now I'm so depressed, I'm feeling as neglected as a GOPHER's SPHINCTER in the BLACK FOREST and I'm almost expecting any moment to begin hearing the musical tones of a REQUIEM being performed in memory of me. I'm wishing I could just start my life over from the moment that they severed my UMBILICAL cord. I want off of this slow-moving, lifeless MENOPAUSE-like MERRY-GO-ROUND that I'm on inside this little SHANTY at the back end of my home where the only enjoyment I've experienced of late is sipping on a MOCHA LATTE. I feel like I need some kind of sensual experience to come over me like a TSUNAMI

requiem
shanty
tsunami
gopher
Black Forest
melodrama
demolition
librarian
inside-out
scavenger

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:03

Read our FLYERS - click below

Reference links provided to aid in fine-tuning your writings. ENJOY!

more Quotes
more Art Quotes
Dictionary.com ~ Thesaurus.com

Search:
for
Type in a word below to find its rhymes, synonyms, and more:

Word: