post Apr 2 07, 03:44
Post #21

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Group: Praetorian
Member No.: 12
Writer of: Poetry
Referred By:Lori

Oh Kathy! -- what a shame. I like this one so much that I have nominated it for Member's Choice for March instead. Good Luck!

Snow Snowflake.gif

·······IPB·······

Live one day at a time -it's simpler that way.
Laugh loud & often - it's medicinal.
Write from the heart - it's therapeutic.
Beauty comes from within - the outer is just skin!

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more details, click here!

MM Award Winner

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page
Eisa
post Apr 2 07, 04:23
Post #22

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Member No.: 12
Referred By:Lori

I would like to nominate Treasures by Psyche (Sylvia) located in Seren's Synapse. This poem is so beautiful, with stunning imagery throughout, with much to read between the layers. It's found in Seren's Synapse.

TREASURES

Spring lightning!
At dawn it reveals naked Andean peaks,
in the evening it disrobes pastures.
Threads of rain reflect rainbows
between lake and heart-shaped hills.
I dream that you caress my cheeks
as we move, side by side,
along spirals that ebb and flow
like galactic tides.

I awaken on a bed of tender leaves.
You are no longer there.

Yesterday, capricious Spring
drew aureoles on the lake.
I gathered shells
sculptured by water nymphs
and lifted twigs whose smooth fingers
had dimpled the sandbanks.
Stroking algae, moss, tasting froth
in the hollows of my treasures,
I carried them home,
but they forgot their beauty on the beach
under showers of incandescent rain.

You were not waiting for me.

Today, I lie in the shade
of a blossoming apple-tree.
I listen to insects' concerts,
sense humming-birds’ ardour
as they sip nectar from half-open buds.
Their titillating wings remind me
of your lips, your soft skin,
of you.

A dogrose thrusts virile roots
deep into Mother Earth,
dropping petals from its branches
around my thighs.
I taste dewdrops on my tongue
and remember your naked body,
loving me.

I’ll carry these memories home.
Will you be waiting for me?

·······IPB·······

Live one day at a time -it's simpler that way.
Laugh loud & often - it's medicinal.
Write from the heart - it's therapeutic.
Beauty comes from within - the outer is just skin!

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more details, click here!

MM Award Winner

Guest_Kathy_*
post Apr 2 07, 04:23
Post #23

That's so nice of you! Thanks.

AMETHYST
post Apr 2 07, 15:37
Post #24

Ornate Oracle

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 10
Referred By:Lori Kanter

unsure.gif Hmmmmm ... Kathy I am both happy and sad. I am very sad that these wonderful poems are not eligable for nomination in IBPC, but I am happy that your poems are published, as that is the intention here with IBPC, is to get excellent poetry such as this, read by a larger audience and published as an end result. So you've already acheived this! YAHHHH, but I would have LOVED this to have been a representative of MM's family! wink.gif

Hugs, Liz

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

AMETHYST
post Apr 2 07, 16:50
Post #25

Ornate Oracle

Thank you Snow for this wonderful surprise! :) I do like this poem very much. I still have some work to do on it, but it shouldn't be too long till it is considered done!

Thank you, Lori and Kathy too for your support! Hugs, all of you, Liz

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

AMETHYST
post Apr 2 07, 16:51
Post #26

Ornate Oracle

Yes this is worthy of recognition... Hugs, Liz

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Guest_Kathy_*
post Apr 2 07, 18:42
Post #27

See? I did come back. smile.gif Nice one, Liz!

Guest_Kathy_*
post Apr 2 07, 18:46
Post #28

That's the trouble with getting things published. It's a bit like eating cake, 'cos you don't have it any more. And who knows who reads my published ones? Prob'ly in a bookcase somewhere, sad and dusty.

Cleo_Serapis
post Apr 3 07, 05:23
Post #29

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 2
Writer of: Poetry & Prose
Referred By:Imhotep

Oh, I haven't had the pleasure to read or comment on this one yet Snow - how lovely! cloud9.gif

I'll send Sylvia the permission PM now.

Cheers
~Cleo

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

Psyche
post Apr 5 07, 10:29
Post #30

Ornate Oracle
Group Icon

Member No.: 78
Referred By:David Ting

Hi Snow!
Thank you so much for nominating my poem TREASURES! What a lovely surprise!
I'm so glad you like it... JackBox.gif
Hugs,
Sylvia blush21.gif

·······IPB·······

Mis temas favoritos

The Lord replied, my precious, precious child, I love you and I would never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you.

"There is no life higher than the grasstops
Or the hearts of sheep, and the wind
Pours by like destiny, bending
Everything in one direction."

Sylvia Plath, Crossing the Water, Wuthering Heights.

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

MM Award Winner

Psyche
post Apr 5 07, 10:32
Post #31

Ornate Oracle
Group Icon

Thank you, Cleo, for your complimentary remarks. I feel quite honoured... butterfly.gif
Hugs,
Sylvia cloud9.gif

·······IPB·······

Mis temas favoritos

The Lord replied, my precious, precious child, I love you and I would never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you.

MM Award Winner

Psyche
post Apr 5 07, 10:51
Post #32

Ornate Oracle
Group Icon

Ah, I liked this one from the start, Liz! I'm so glad it's been nominated, wish I had done it myself...
Best of luck!
Hugs, Sylvia cloud9.gif

·······IPB·······

Mis temas favoritos

MM Award Winner

Psyche
post Apr 5 07, 11:02
Post #33

Ornate Oracle
Group Icon

An enchanting poem, Cathy! It has such a magical atmosphere, and the form is perfect!
Best of luck!
Hugs, Sylvia

·······IPB·······

Mis temas favoritos

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post Apr 6 07, 05:16
Post #34

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 2
Referred By:Imhotep

Hi Aggie.

I've updated this nomination with your newest revision. Can you please send me back your Permission PM form?

Thanks!
~Cleo pharoah2.gif

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

Psyche
post Apr 6 07, 13:46
Post #35

Ornate Oracle
Group Icon

I would like to nominate Petra's Splendor, by Merlin. It can be found at http://forums.mosaicmusings.net/index.php?showtopic=10007

Petra's Splendor

Olive trees guard castle towers
where one weary, footsore soldier
paused enraptured,
spellbound silent,
several centuries ago.
He was homeward bound from fighting
far afield in Nabataea,
from that land of stone and splendor,
filled with Hellenistic grandeur
throughout tombs and striking temples
and its pillared palace walls.

Petra's fall went not to armies.

In a shining Baroque city
sits a dark-haired man of thirty
underneath a massive olive
whose extended branches beckoned
to a passing caballero
seeking respite.
As he listens to the birdsongs
he drifts back in time, recalling
how she gave her youthful body
and they loved in fervid frenzy
while a far-off, faint Angelus
pealed the faithful to their duties.
Flown, those kindled helix hours
when they romped through hills and canyons,
laughed and loved beneath one myrtle,
till their amethystine river
lured him to enchanted places
brimmed with charm and daunting skylines.

Flown away like fleeting birdnotes...
Oftentimes he thinks of Petra.

It's a fine, inspiring poem, with great imagery and a brilliant evocation of an ancient myth (seldom
poetized on, as far as I know).

Hope Merlin accepts!
Cheers,
Sylvia

This post has been edited by Cleo_Serapis: Apr 12 07, 11:18
Reason for edit: Rev updated

·······IPB·······

Mis temas favoritos

MM Award Winner

AMETHYST
post Apr 6 07, 18:07
Post #36

Ornate Oracle

I love this poem. What an excellent choice Sylvia - I myself was going to post! I think many of us second, third, fourth and so on ... nominate it!

Hugs, Liz

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Aggiel
post Apr 6 07, 20:45
Post #37

Creative Chieftain

Member No.: 80

Thanks a lot, Liz and Lori.

pcgal.gif pcgal.gif thanks.gif butterfly1.gif

Aggie

·······IPB·······

May all of us outrun any subsequent tsunamis.

MM Award Winner

AMETHYST
post Apr 6 07, 22:50
Post #38

Ornate Oracle

No thanks necessary, your wonderful poem did it for you! Good luck in this months Polling... Good to see your poetry again!

Best Wishes, Liz

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

AMETHYST
post Apr 6 07, 22:51
Post #39

Ornate Oracle

Thank you Kathy and Sylvia, I am liking this one too. Still some minor revisions to complete! wink.gif Thank you for the support!

Hugs, Liz

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

AMETHYST
post Apr 6 07, 22:53
Post #40

Ornate Oracle

And the answer to that question powerfully allows the reader to feel the depth in your response. I think this is a powerful and amazing poem! Good luck in the polling Hugs, Liz

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 23:07

Read our FLYERS - click below

Reference links provided to aid in fine-tuning your writings. ENJOY!

more Quotes
more Art Quotes
Dictionary.com ~ Thesaurus.com

Search:
for
Type in a word below to find its rhymes, synonyms, and more:

Word: