of the great harvest;
Had that flower;
the woods are lovely;
the shade of trees;
A small bird flew;
one luminary clock;
nothing gold can stay;
Some say the world

I would like to nominate this poem because it is has a fresh subject, the inner rhymes and alliteration is done well, and there are many original phrases that are strong and interesting.

Liz

·······IPB·······

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more details, click here!

MM Award Winner

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page
AMETHYST
post Dec 3 06, 19:51
Post #2

Ornate Oracle

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 10
Writer of: Poetry
Referred By:Lori Kanter

Toying with Words by jgdittier

I love to try to toy with words,
it's not a game for kids or nerds.
It's poetry these words imply,
to toy with words, I love to try.

A rondeau ends where it begins,
a rondeau's round and if it spins
its roll extends 'til torque expends.
Where it begins, a rondeau ends.

A rondeau stops where it began,
a ball of words, the bardly plan...
But what about some two-phrase swaps?
Where it began, the rondeau stops.

A quatrain swap, I think I mean!
The rondeau, I know, is old routine.
Just take four feet, then two you flop.
I think I mean a quatrain swap!

I Nominate this poem for its quality in poetic value, subject and slightly humorous voice...

·······IPB·······

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more details, click here!

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post Dec 3 06, 20:43
Post #3

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 2
Writer of: Poetry & Prose
Referred By:Imhotep

WOW Liz! cheer.gif

I am honored and accept your nomination! This poem was mused from the Robert Frost snippet challenge several years ago. You've reminded me I need to go back for revisions to it.

Thank you very much! lovie.gif

~Cleo sun.gif

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post Dec 3 06, 20:46
Post #4

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

An excellent nomination Liz. cheer.gif

I'm sure Ron will be pleased as am I. This poem brings an original, fun flair to the community.

Good luck Ron!
~Cleo sun.gif

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

AMETHYST
post Dec 3 06, 22:16
Post #5

Ornate Oracle

Conflicted by Norman D Gutter

I long to live that day when I will rest
and cease to tax my mind. Then I will die
and go unto my Maker. Yet, I'm blessed--
I long to live! That day when I will rest
is somewhere out there, far beyond the quest
that now demands I try, and fail, and try.
I long to live that day when I will rest
and cease to tax my mind, then I will die.-

I nominate this for its qualtity in Form, originality in subject and metaphorical values.

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post Dec 4 06, 21:32
Post #6

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Contest entry information PM'd to Norman.

cheer.gif

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post Dec 4 06, 21:35
Post #7

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Entry info request PM'd to Ron.

~Cleo cheer.gif

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post Dec 5 06, 12:36
Post #8

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

cheer.gif

Recevied 'acceptance' from Norman. mm.gif mm.gif

Best of luck!
~Cleo Pharoah.gif

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Guest_Cathy_*
post Dec 6 06, 09:06
Post #9

I agree with Liz... the word choices are fresh and unique. You give us pictures of some of the little things that are easily missed and yet greatly enjoyed. I love to sit in a park or a woods just to see what I can find. It's also amazing to realize what it can do for one's peace of mind. *smiles* Thanks for the reminder!

Cathy

Guest_Cathy_*
post Dec 6 06, 09:13
Post #10

What a pleasant way to describe the Swap Quatrain. It's somewhat playful and the flow is smooth, combining to make an enjoyable read!

Cathy Snowflake.gif

Guest_Cathy_*
post Dec 6 06, 09:21
Post #11

I admire the way you've brought different meaning to the repeat line each time you used it. Sometimes that's hard to do and make it 'fit'. Yours is done so smoothly that you almost don't realize it's a repeat.

Well done~

Cathy Snowflake.gif

Cleo_Serapis
post Dec 6 06, 13:10
Post #12

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Thanks so much Cathy!

I'll be along in a day or two (this weekend for sure if not sooner) to make some nominations. I also pla nto revise this poem methinks once more in Seren's (gotta do it quicker now) LOL!

GroupHug.gif
~Cleo xmas.gif

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post Dec 7 06, 06:30
Post #13

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Hello. wave.gif

I've heard from Ron and he respectfully declines this nomination.

Cheers
~Cleo

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post Dec 7 06, 07:45
Post #14

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

I hereby nominate Bev's poem, Blood in Snow, currently being workshopped in Seren's Synapse. A poignant poem Bev.

Best of luck!
~Cleo Reindeer.gif

Blood In Snow

Soldiers march
not sentient of
imminent ambush.
Guns fire, machines repeat.

Blood-curdling roars track
wounded soldier leaving red trail;
he clutches his locket,
a faded photo.

He gurgles a message
as they strip him of weaponry:
Tell my son
I tried to save our country.

Guns prohibit quest.
Lying lifeless,
his foreign words
melt with pink snow.

Copyright 2006 Beverleigh Gail Annegarn

This post has been edited by AMETHYST: Dec 28 06, 10:31

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post Dec 7 06, 07:59
Post #15

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Contact Permission PM sent

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

AMETHYST
post Dec 7 06, 08:03
Post #16

Ornate Oracle

Hi Bev,

Consider my Thumbs UP a second nomination on this! wink.gif Hugs, Liz

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post Dec 8 06, 21:27
Post #17

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Acceptance received from Bev.

cheer.gif

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

AMETHYST
post Dec 11 06, 19:42
Post #18

Ornate Oracle

Winter Songs by Cyn

Every early morning he flutters
- flitting, head cocked, peering
into each window- inspects each joint
of beam that joins this home.

At dawn I hear him prodding,
slender, slightly down-turned bill
probing for a gap large enough
to let him in. Treeet? he questions,

like the song inside me seeking
to get out, plumage plumped
soft in the still frigid air.
White throat expansive,

a canyon wren thrums a tune
as I hear my husband downstairs,
fingers bending nylon into notes
of rosewood and spruce.

Coffee brews
and wafts between the chords,
suspended, like sevenths
in the morning air.

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post Dec 11 06, 21:09
Post #19

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Contact PM sent (by Liz)

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post Dec 11 06, 21:13
Post #20

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Congrats Cyn on this nomination!

cheer.gif

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 15:38

Read our FLYERS - click below

Reference links provided to aid in fine-tuning your writings. ENJOY!

more Quotes
more Art Quotes
Dictionary.com ~ Thesaurus.com

Search:
for
Type in a word below to find its rhymes, synonyms, and more:

Word: