Post #1

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 2
Writer of: Poetry & Prose
Referred By:Imhotep

Hi all.  :snowman:

As it goes in our neck of the woods (Massachusetts USA), we are in the midst of a pretty nasty winter storm - actually they are calling it THUNDER SNOW at the moment.  :snowflake:

It started snowing around 6 am this morning (it's 3:18 pm here now) and it is mixing with rain at times and now the thunder and lightening is here too.

The snow has picked up and it's now at a rate of 2-3 inches per hour and I'm at work LOL.gif!

Peter is on his way now.  :tut:

JUST in case we should lose power at home, I wanted to post this tile.

For those of you who may not know, we host the forum board portion of this site in our home, so any power failures will result in a 'page cannot be displayed' message until power comes back. :termie:

I will use this tile in the future (adding replies) for future weather related warnings as well. hal.gif

Here's hoping the ride home doesn't take all night AND we arrive safely there.

HAPPY WINTER ALL!   Reindeer.gif

~Cleo  :chilly:

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page
Guest_Jox_*
post Dec 9 05, 15:29
Post #2

Hi Lori,

Thanks for this.

I sincerely hope you and yours remain safe and warm - it sounds horrendous weather there!

Take great care now.

J.

Guest_Nina_*
post Dec 9 05, 15:32
Post #3

Hi Lori

Thanks for warning us.  It sounds horrendous.  I hope you make it home safely.  Be careful how you drive.  Make sure you have a blanket, food and water with you in the car.

Nina

Cleo_Serapis
post Dec 9 05, 15:34
Post #4

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Thanks James and Nina.

10-4.... will do!

GroupHug.gif

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

AMETHYST
post Dec 11 05, 00:47
Post #5

Ornate Oracle

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 10
Writer of: Poetry
Referred By:Lori Kanter

Reading this Lori, makes me so homesick. I want to go home where the winds blow and the sweet taste of first snow fall is invigorating... wink.gif

Be safe on your travelling and we will keep you and Peter in our prayers and hearts.. (oh yes, and I will mumble and grumble that I am not dancing beneathe a swirling sky! :)

Hugs, Liz

·······IPB·······

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more details, click here!

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post Dec 16 05, 06:00
Post #6

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Thanks Liz.  :snowflake:  :snowman:  :reindeer:

Well, today is another Friday of the weather from the lands of Snow. We woke to terribly LOUD tap tap tap on the window at 3:30. YES, we are getting a SLEET storm today.  :chilly:

In our neck of the woods, it's supposed to snow, sleet and eventually turn over to rain later in the day. So, it's going to be a terrible commute to Bose. Luckily, Peter, is going to drive me. I'm just too darned afraid to drive in this kind of stuff!  :troy:

So, one again, a weather warning for MM in case we should lose power here at home during this ice storm today.

HUGS all!
~Cleo  :medusa:

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

JLY
post Dec 16 05, 07:17
Post #7

Ornate Oracle
Group Icon

Group: Centurion
Member No.: 39
Referred By:Larry Carr

Our snow has changed to rain....very heavy rain and with the melting snow we are experiencing flooding and the roadways are a mess.
JLY

·······IPB·······

Give thanks for your new friends of today, but never forget the warm hugs of your yesterdays.

MM Award Winner

Guest_Jox_*
post Dec 16 05, 09:24
Post #8

Hi Lori et al,

Thanks again for the warning, Lori.

Good luck to all of you stuck in such foul conditions. Here, some snow is predicted for tonight in the Shetlands Isles (off the north of Scotland) and all the way down to East Anglia. However, where I live is the warmest place in the UK today apparently - we've had lovely sunshine. But the temperatures are falling now.

Again, take care.

J.

Guest_Toumai_*
post Dec 16 05, 11:31
Post #9

There have been met office warnings that Britain may well have a hard winter this year; we don't usually have snow until New Year but this year we started in November ... Good luck to anyone in extreme conditions (Perry, Jan ... don't melt in the heat).

Fran Snowflake.gif

Cleo_Serapis
post Jan 23 06, 09:33
Post #10

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Just posting in another Weather Warning today. Snowman.gif

We are expected to get somewhere between 6 and 12 inches of snow today. It will snowing all day and it's COLD too. chilly.gif Snowflake.gif

Cheers.
Lori  :vic:

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

JLY
post Jan 23 06, 09:54
Post #11

Ornate Oracle
Group Icon

Group: Centurion
Member No.: 39
Referred By:Larry Carr

Lori,
I woke up to 5 inches of snow and ice....but it has now turned to rain. We expect a wintry mix throughout the day and we have the threats of some localized flooding.
JLY

·······IPB·······

Give thanks for your new friends of today, but never forget the warm hugs of your yesterdays.

MM Award Winner

Guest_Toumai_*
post Jan 23 06, 10:00
Post #12

Good luck with all that cold and snow Snowflake.gif  :sun:

Keep warm and we'll hope the power doesn't go down!  :downer:

Fran

Cleo_Serapis
post Feb 11 06, 18:41
Post #13

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Oh boy - here we go again! Snowman.gif

We are due for a pretty BIG snowstorm - a Nor' Easter - in our neck of the woods beginning in a few hours, and through tonight and most of tomorrow. Snowflake.gif Snowflake.gif Snowflake.gif

Once again, I'm posting this winter storm warning in case we lose power and the forum goes down....

I do hope not as I've planned to spend the day tomorrow commenting around MM.  turtle.gif  snail.gif

Here's hoping all will be well.  legolas.gif  aragorn.gif  galadriel.gif gandalfw.gif

Cheers
~Cleo  referee.gif

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Guest_Don_*
post Feb 11 06, 18:52
Post #14

I'm beginning to believe our midwest American mild winter is because Lori and Peter's eastern sea board is hogging it all.

All we have around Greenville, Ohio (north of Dayton) is vestage of snow and bitter wet-cold to keep us near the hearth.

I've been in and out of MM today without a hint of trouble, so your power must be secure.

Wishing you the best.  

Don

Morgan le Fay
post Feb 11 06, 19:01
Post #15

Assyrian

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 20

Hi Lori,

Stay in and cozy by the fire if you can.  Sounds like a good day for snuggling.  I'm hoping that you have a back up source of heat....?  Just in case.   upside.gif

Love and stuff,
Chris  Wizard.gif

·······IPB·······

"...Morgan le Fay was not married, but put to school in a nunnery, where she became a great mistress of magic."

- ?Mallory, Morte d'Arthur

MM Award Winner

Guest_Jox_*
post Feb 11 06, 19:02
Post #16

Hi,

Good luck with the weather, all.

We used to have heavy snow in the 1960s when i was a lad but these days snow is very rare and heavy snow extremely unusual. I can't imagine what it must be like.

Hope all goes well.

J.

Cleo_Serapis
post Feb 11 06, 19:33
Post #17

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

chilly.gif I'm inclined to agree with you Don. Snowman.gif

Talk about a CALM before the storm - while I was out today, the sky was a perfect blue - sunny - but COLD chilly.gif - only 28 degrees mid-day.  And then BAMMMMMMMO - the clouds rolled in.  :raincloud:

We'll have to wait this one out... BRRHHHHHHHH....  :ninja:  :StarWars2: alien.gif

Chris - or should I say the mistress of Odin's wisdom!  :wallace:  :hsdance:  Congrats again!  :sun: We have a wood fireplace - plenty of wood stored up but it would only keep us in the family room warm so I've got some blankets in the ready and some new books I've purchased ready for reading.  :grinning:

It's been so crazy at work that I haven't been able to log in for almost two weeks specifically to chit chat and crit and such so I am hoping to do that tomorrow if all goes well.

James - LUCKY YOU! Snowflake.gif Of course, growing up in Massachusetts is supposed to make me acclimated BUT..... as I get older and thinner I must say I don't look forward as much to these storms as I used to. Then again, if I were in Maine we'd be whooping it up on the 'sleds' and having a grand ole time (snowmobiling)...  BUT alas - my parents are doing it instead, LOL.gif!   madhatter.gif

One good thing - it's happening tonight and tomorrow - UNLIKE the last two recently - BOTH during my comute to work on Mondays.... ICK!!!!!!!

Where's that blanket?  :oops:  :upside:

Thanks all!
Lori  :pharoah:

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Guest_Jox_*
post Feb 11 06, 19:41
Post #18

Hi Lori

I wish you well!

It is certainly cold here and we only have heat on one room really - so the sub-zero nights do make the house cold. But the snow rarely seems to come. Of course, now I've tempted fate!

Keep warm.

J.

Guest_Don_*
post Feb 11 06, 20:17
Post #19

Gad, no wonder our heat bill is high, we are heating the whole house instead of one room, like Jox.

Lori talking about age changing her view of storms reminds me of an interview with my wife telling the potential big boss he was nuts for liking to ski.  As it turned out when he and I were alone he expressed admiration for Lynn being candid.  After her "you're nuts," I thought the trip was for a lost cause.

Anyway it sounds like you have some good books to burn Lori.

Cheers

Don

Cleo_Serapis
post Feb 11 06, 20:29
Post #20

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

YIKES - one room to heat? i Wish too Don!

At least here we have a two zone system, but I really wonder if that matters? :p Upstairs bedrooms on one zone and donwstairs (kitchen, dining, family and livng room on the other. We tend to keep upstairs lower on the setting overall... we just pull up the blankets there at night! laugh.gif

Actually, I prefer it a bit on the cooler side...

Reading books Don READING upside.gif Oo.gif grinning.gif not burning them... Hwv you ever read Farenheit 451?

Cheers Pirate.gif
Cleo

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 05:12

Read our FLYERS - click below

Reference links provided to aid in fine-tuning your writings. ENJOY!

more Quotes
more Art Quotes
Dictionary.com ~ Thesaurus.com

Search:
for
Type in a word below to find its rhymes, synonyms, and more:

Word: