JaxMyth
post May 20 07, 20:18
Post #1

Creative Chieftain

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 408
Writer of: Poetry
Referred By:IBPC participant list

Is there a tutorial somewhere on formatting?

Jax

·······IPB·······

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page
Cleo_Serapis
post May 21 07, 05:17
Post #2

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 2
Writer of: Poetry & Prose
Referred By:Imhotep

Hi Jax.

Can you be a bit more specific please? Do you mean fonts, colors, paragraph alignments or something else?

Lori

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post May 21 07, 05:46
Post #3

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Try looking at this help topic first Jan:
http://forums.mosaicmusings.net/index.php?...E=01&HID=12

Also, when you post a new topic or add a reply, you'll see a box in the far right lower corner below the text posting box called 'BB Code Help' - give that a 'click' too.

I'd be happy to demonstrate the features with you.

Lori

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

JaxMyth
post May 22 07, 15:50
Post #4

Creative Chieftain

Hi Lori

Incremental indenting. I could find nothing on it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Jan

·······IPB·······

Cleo_Serapis
post May 22 07, 19:11
Post #5

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Hi Jan.

Indenting is possible but it's a tricky little bugger! When you have the post screen open, click on that right arrow (see image at end of sentence) - the first image icon to the far right after the quote and code images on line 2) and add your text between the open and close tags.

You can also accomplish this by wrapping the text in the BBCode for indent - [ indent ] text here [ / indent] I purposely put exta spacebar tap in the tags just to give you a visual. Just highlight the text and click the indent image and it'll add the tags for you. The problem I see with the indent tag feature is the next line gets an extra space (so it looks like a new stanza). It's solved though if you start your next line or word directly after the close / indent tag [/]. I used many indents in my Hope's Slope poem in Seren's if you want to take a look and I also formatted Liz's poem, Ambidextrous there too.

Another way to use pre-formatted text (like from notepad/word) is to use the pre tags. Copy and paste your poem into this text post screen box and then add a [ pre] and the close tag [ /pre] (again without the extra space between the tag).

This is an example of one indent.
This is an example of two indents.

This 
is an
example of
preformatted

text by just moving the words
with my space
bar and tab key
while I type

I can give you more detail once you reply back.....

Lori

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

JLY
post May 24 07, 06:05
Post #6

Ornate Oracle
Group Icon

Group: Centurion
Member No.: 39
Referred By:Larry Carr

Lori,
I just noticed that when I posted a response / or edited and existing poem, some of the functionality when you choose "full edit" are missing. What happened to "bold" and some of the other features?
Thanks,
JLY

·······IPB·······

Give thanks for your new friends of today, but never forget the warm hugs of your yesterdays.

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post May 24 07, 07:07
Post #7

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

QUOTE (JLY @ May 24 07, 07:05 ) *
Lori,
I just noticed that when I posted a response / or edited and existing poem, some of the functionality when you choose "full edit" are missing. What happened to "bold" and some of the other features?
Thanks,
JLY

Hi John.

All functionality is here, nothing has changed on the board - can you send me a screenshot to my yahoo account so I can further diagnosis the issue? cleo_serapis@yahoo.com

Are you using Standard editor or RTE?

Glad to see you back - I trust all is well (I was going to ping ya this morning - been missing ya)!
GroupHug.gif

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

JLY
post May 24 07, 08:20
Post #8

Ornate Oracle
Group Icon

Lori,
I haven't changed any of my settings. I am the least adventuresome member here...I just use what you give me...but somehow, a lot has disappeared.
JLY

·······IPB·······

Give thanks for your new friends of today, but never forget the warm hugs of your yesterdays.

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post May 24 07, 08:57
Post #9

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Hi John - I need to see a screenshot of your posting screen in order to diagnose this. Have you changed any settings in your control panel and also on your browser and PC?

Post edit: YES, I too am not seeing the B, U, I choices in FULL EDIT mode (when you click the EDIT button in an existing post) - not sure WHY all of a sudden - will need to investigate further....

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

JLY
post May 24 07, 09:07
Post #10

Ornate Oracle
Group Icon

Lori,
No changes to browser, etc. The only change on my work computer is that we got upgraded to Microsoft 2003; but that shouldn't matter because I have the same problem at home and I have not done any changes to my home PC.
JLY

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post May 24 07, 09:10
Post #11

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

I wonder if it's an IE6 related issue? I'm running IE6 here at work but use IE7 at home.

Let me look around further.... I did make a change to the javascript over the weekend but it should not have impacted this part of the board. Actually, I only made the change to one skin : Mosaic and I am having this problem in other skins now so I doubt it's related - need to check further

I just loaded FIREFOX here at work on this laptop and I can once again see all the font images - it MUST be related to the IE6 issues - I'll need to do some stuff at home tonight.

John - can you download firefox and use that for now? It's a freebee at:

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

JLY
post May 24 07, 11:29
Post #12

Ornate Oracle
Group Icon

Lori,
Thanks, but we are forbidden to download anything on our work PC's. I will try it at home.
JLY

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post May 24 07, 11:56
Post #13

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Hi John.

Peter tells me it's not happening with IE7 but let me check at home. When I went into Jan's orignal post above and clicked 'full edit' I saw all the buttons (here at work using IE6) BUT then I clicked on your posts and didn't see all the buttons and clicked on my own post and didn't see all the buttons. HAve you thought about upgrading from IE6 to IE7 - which one do you use at home?

I think it might be that code I added over the weekend which ws intended to Stop that loading image on your status bar.....

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post May 24 07, 12:11
Post #14

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Yeah - I definitely think it's that code I put in - do me a favor John - switch your skin to the one labeled:
IPB 2.2.0 Default and see if you can see eveything when you click 'full edit'. I can now - this is the ONE skin I did NOT add in that code to...

Let me know...... You'll see the skin selection menu lower left corner just above the donate buttons and country flags. detective.gif

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

JLY
post May 24 07, 14:10
Post #15

Ornate Oracle
Group Icon

Lori,
I switched to the IB2.2.0 as you suggested and I am back to normal. I miss my other skin, but this one works...I have all of my functionality back again.
JLY

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post May 24 07, 18:37
Post #16

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

I removed that code I had put in over the weekend on all skins - you should be able to utilize the font BBCode again. You may still see that dumb "http://forums.mosaicmusings.net/style_images/navy/rss.png ... loading in your status bar because IE doesn;t seem to recognize that it's already loaded the image, LOL!

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

JaxMyth
post Jun 1 07, 12:59
Post #17

Creative Chieftain

Thank you Lori I shall attempt to use it.

Regards,

Jax

·······IPB·······

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 08:20

Read our FLYERS - click below

Reference links provided to aid in fine-tuning your writings. ENJOY!

more Quotes
more Art Quotes
Dictionary.com ~ Thesaurus.com

Search:
for
Type in a word below to find its rhymes, synonyms, and more:

Word: