Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

IPB

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Lone Wolf/Brent, Introduction
Guest_Lone Wolf_*
post Jul 23 07, 09:52
Post #1

Hello to All,
I am here after following a link from a friend's email. I recognize quite a few of the old cousins from the old haunt at Poems Place.

I am mostly Rhyme & Meter and only test the waters of other styles. My subject matter is almost always unique and yet something that most can relate to.

I grew up in North Central Pennsylvania on a dairy farm and currently live in Central Pennsylvania. My poetry will almost always reflect a country way of life. I enjoy nature, wildlife, and partaking in man's role as predator; yes hunting. Although, I don't consider myself a Cowboy in any way, however, I throughly enjoy Cowboy Poetry. Most times I strive for something close to perfect R&M and sometimes I venture off into what has been called "performance poetry." I am also a photographer of sorts, and I love to mix my photography with my poetry.

I have volunteered as entertainment at nursing homes/senior centers, and have presented my poetry at sportsman's banquets and the like. Due to many request, I have put some of my poems into a book, illustrated by some of my photographs and a friend's sketches. You can preview it at: www.lonewolfpublishers.com if you are interested.

I look forward to interacting with the forum

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page
JustDaniel
post Jul 23 07, 11:39
Post #2

Ornate Oracle

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 6
Writer of: Poetry
Referred By:Lori

That's an impressive web site, Brent! And congratulations on your publication and the marketing locally that you've already done. That's impressive too! Welcome aboard here.

It appears that we've been writing about the same length of time, since it was I think that same month in 2001 when I encountered Poem Kingdom... although I'd dabbled in occasionally writing my thoughts in hymn-style attempts for about 10 years before that.

I'll be looking forward to your interchanges here; it's a great place to both grow in our own writing and to appreciate others' learning, wisdom, perspective and styles while we encourage and spur each other on in the process.

deLighting in others' Light on the journey, Daniel sun.gif

·······IPB·······

Slow down; things will go faster!

MM Award Winner

AMETHYST
post Jul 23 07, 12:00
Post #3

Ornate Oracle

Member No.: 10
Referred By:Lori Kanter

Hello Brent,

Welcome to Mosaic Musings! Although I hadn't had the opportunity to experience first hand P.O.E.M.S Place, I sure have been grateful for the exposure of it's essence, as I've walked some of the halls and have been taken in by the character and love of the membership, and over the years I have had the gift of meeting and making good friends of those who were apart of the blessings that happened there.

It is wonderful to read about you and your poetic adventures and successes. I haven't yet gone to check the site but surely plan on it. I look forward to reading your work and interacting with you in the forums. If you have any questions or need some guiding around the forums please don't hesitate to ask!

Again WELCOME to Mosaic Musings!

Best Regards, Liz

·······IPB·······

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more details, click here!

MM Award Winner

Terocon101
post Jul 23 07, 15:12
Post #4

Laureate Legionnaire

Member No.: 440
Referred By:Ephiny

Hello Brent,

a warm hardy welcome to you. I'm betting your gonna enjoy it here, there's a sound bunch of people here who are always eager to help solve the little problems we encounter in this hobby of ours.

Looking forward to interacting and reading your r&m.

Terry

·······IPB·······

Terry

light
lights
light

--Raymond Rosliep

"The imagination imitates. It is the critical spirit that creates."

--Oscar Wilde

MM Award Winner

Guest_Lone Wolf_*
post Jul 23 07, 16:41
Post #5

Thanks for the warm welcome, Daniel, Liz & Terry.

I only hope that I can find the time to spend here. Maybe I can learn something and get my muse jump started; Get those jumper cables out.

Brent

JustDaniel
post Jul 23 07, 17:01
Post #6

Ornate Oracle

Member No.: 6
Referred By:Lori

Mine are ready! Our battery charger was in the 'spare van' that was stolen the other day, but the other van has a set of jumpers in it, and we even have a couple of spare batteries, two spare sets of jumper cables... and the battery in our riding lawn mower works well too, so we have lots of options!

So put somethin' down on our web paper... Write away!

sharin' a little Light, Daniel sun.gif

·······IPB·······

Slow down; things will go faster!

MM Award Winner

Guest_Don_*
post Jul 24 07, 09:19
Post #7

Hi Lone Wolf,

Glad to see another formalist. Being twenty years your senior, forgive me when I forget my name. Although dabbling in Internet poetry prior, let's settle on Poem Kingdom as my prehistorical beginning.

Looking forward to seeing you later.

Don

Cleo_Serapis
post Jul 24 07, 16:51
Post #8

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 2
Writer of: Poetry & Prose
Referred By:Imhotep

Hello Brent and welcome to MM! Newbie.gif PartyFavor.gif Balloons.gif

As mentioned in my PM, there's much to do here if you choose, so please do meander our forum offerings. I also love photography and like to take an image and see if I can write a poem or short story using them as inspiration. You're not too far from me (Massachusetts), so I'll assume you enjoy the seasonal changes in PA? We took a trip there in April to Philliy to see the King Tut exhibit, boy that was FUN! I hope to get back there again to explore more of your state (with camera in tow)! hsdance.gif

Are there certain R&M traits you find to your liking, certain forms?

Looking forward to reading your work!
~Cleo Pharoah.gif

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

Guest_Cathy_*
post Jul 25 07, 08:06
Post #9

Welcome to MM Brent! There is a lot to see and do here so I'm sure we'll run into each other from time to time. Looking forward to it~ Now... I'm going to check out your site~

See ya!

Cathy

Mary Boren
post Jul 25 07, 10:42
Post #10

Creative Chieftain

Group: Bronze Member
Member No.: 420
Referred By:Kathy Earsman

Brent! (Yes, that's an exclamation mark too. :)

Thanks for taking me up on the invite -- it's an even better place with you here. I'm fascinated with that little animated acorn you have there. I see you've been busy posting so will go read now.

Love ya,

Mary

·······IPB·······

Mary Sullivan Boren
Connecting ... Even Yet
"There is in all things - a hidden wholeness." -Thomas Merton

MM Award Winner

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 01:30

Read our FLYERS - click below

Reference links provided to aid in fine-tuning your writings. ENJOY!

more Quotes
more Art Quotes
Dictionary.com ~ Thesaurus.com

Search:
for
Type in a word below to find its rhymes, synonyms, and more:

Word: