Galadriel
post Jul 3 09, 11:03
Post #1

Nomad

Group: Silver Member
Member No.: 832
Writer of: Poetry & Prose

Is there room in here for one more?

I am Galadriel. I have been writing poetry since I was 5years old, prose and short stories since my teens, and am now struggling with my first novel. Your site looks really exciting and I am looking forward to reading some of the poetry here, and sharing some of my own.

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page
Marc-Andre Germa...
post Jul 3 09, 11:24
Post #2

Assyrian

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 784
Writer of: Poetry

A warm welcome to you Galadriel rose.gif I'm sure you will like it here. Enjoy boat.gif margarita.gif

Mark

·······IPB·······

Galadriel
post Jul 3 09, 12:36
Post #3

Nomad

QUOTE (Marc-Andre Germain @ Jul 3 09, 17:24 ) *
A warm welcome to you Galadriel rose.gif I'm sure you will like it here. Enjoy boat.gif margarita.gif

Mark

Thank you!

Guest_ohsteve_*
post Jul 3 09, 17:40
Post #4

Galadriel, or Gabrielle if you prefer. Please be welcomed to MM. There is always room for more. We like to think of ourselves as somewhat family here. I think we have a lot to offer as a small group of writers. Feel free to wander the halls, look at the forums. I see you have already posted and I will go read in a moment. Could you please tell us what you are looking for in coming here to MM? In depth critiques, help with poetry rhyme and meter, comments on free verse, story plot lines, chapter revision? We are sometimes slow to respond because we are a varied group of world wide people but it is usually with our best when we do. Again welcome to MM.

Steve

Galadriel
post Jul 4 09, 00:37
Post #5

Nomad

Thank you for the welcome, and I prefer Galadriel. As to what I am looking for - a little of everything, I think. Feedback on work is always good as, while I know what I am trying to say, I cannot always be sure that that is what reaches the reader ! gromit.gif

Cleo_Serapis
post Jul 4 09, 09:05
Post #6

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 2
Referred By:Imhotep

Hello Galadriel and WELCOME TO MM! Newbie.gif PartyFavor.gif Balloons.gif

Of COURSE there's room for one more! arwen.gif I love that character and the entire LOTR series, so you're penname is already a favorite of mine! galadriel.gif (notice this emoticon)?

We offer honest, yet friendly feedback in our workshopping forums so I do hope you'll find yourself at home here, once you settle into your own groove-thing and start interacting (we don't bite). odie.gif There are many members here with different skill levels and technique, which makes MM more comfortable, diverse and challenging if you become so inclined in your poetic journey. sings.gif cheer.gif

There's plenty to delve into, so please, wander our halls, take in our colorful 'tiles' and join in the fun (officially now that you're a member). hsdance.gif Idea.gif If you would be so kind, one of the first things we ask is to share a bit of your goals with us. What type of poetry do you enjoy writing most and are there certain forms you often write in? Shall I assume the level of critique you would like to receive on your topics is 'light' to start (until we both learn what is desired)?

Each forum has its own 'forum participation rules' posted in a link at the top of the forums, so please have a read of them: http://forums.mosaicmusings.net/index.php?showtopic=8574 .

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me or any of our staff (AMETHYST, Arnfinn, Eisa, JLY, ohsteve, Psyche and Imhotep). rose.gif margarita.gif mm.gif mm.gif

~Cleo Pharoah.gif

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

Galadriel
post Jul 4 09, 13:43
Post #7

Nomad

Thank you for the warm welcome - I believe I am among friends. Yes, please, go lightly on the critique until I find my way around. I think it is good to have constructive feed back, it is how we learn. The fora I have participated in before have been mainly 'Discussion Boards' which, like the curate's egg, are good in parts. While they do have poetry sections, they are not well frequented. I have the honour to be a Moderator in one of them, and have introduced challenges to generate some interest and, at the moment that seems to be working. I do not have a particular style - I just follow my where my pen takes me ! I have always written poetry but fell into short story writing by doing a course at University, and am quite enjoying exploring that aspect of writing - plus - don't laugh - I am currently writing a novel which my friendly proof-reader has described as a "psychological romantic who-done-it" !

Sekhmet
post Jul 5 09, 00:44
Post #8

Greek

Group: Platinum Member
Member No.: 754
Referred By:No one at all

Well, Good Morning Galadriel.
The warmest of welcomes to MM!Attached File  Welcome_Print_C10124898.jpg ( 92.22K ) Number of downloads: 1

If you are looking for a forum in which to spread your poetic wings - we are all eager to help, and learn from you.
'Criticism Lite' it shall be, until you have settled in.
You might also like to contribute to the Short Story Forum, where we could have a small glimpse of your prose style.
It is good to have another Brit on the scene.
Leonora. (Leo)

·······IPB·······

Eisa
post Jul 5 09, 16:18
Post #9

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Group: Praetorian
Member No.: 12
Writer of: Poetry
Referred By:Lori

Welcome to MM, Galadriel PartyFavor.gif

There is always room for one more in our family rollerskater.gif

Snow Snowflake.gif

·······IPB·······

Live one day at a time -it's simpler that way.
Laugh loud & often - it's medicinal.
Write from the heart - it's therapeutic.
Beauty comes from within - the outer is just skin!

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more details, click here!

MM Award Winner

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 06:39

Read our FLYERS - click below

Reference links provided to aid in fine-tuning your writings. ENJOY!

more Quotes
more Art Quotes
Dictionary.com ~ Thesaurus.com

Search:
for
Type in a word below to find its rhymes, synonyms, and more:

Word: