Post #1

Invisible Hand
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 14
Writer of: Newbie to Writing
Referred By:Lori

Greetings,

I'll be doing another round of site updates and security patches starting 07:00 EDT (11:00 GMT) Thursday 9/11/08. The system will be completely offline (timeouts and "Cannot display page" errors). I hope to have the system back online by 12:00 EDT (16:00 GMT) and will update this thread when things are done.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

·······IPB·······

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more details, click here!

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page
Cleo_Serapis
post Sep 10 08, 05:59
Post #2

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Member No.: 2
Writer of: Poetry & Prose
Referred By:Imhotep

Thanks I - I just send a bulk mail to the members.

Best of luck with the updates!
~Cleo Pharoah.gif

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

pixordia
post Sep 10 08, 11:04
Post #3

Babylonian

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 531
Referred By:Alan McAlpine Douglas

Thanks for letting us know and Good Luck with the work.
Much Appreciated,
SuZ

·······IPB·······

Aloha , Suzanne

An honest man alters his ideas to fit the truth.
A dishonest man alters the truth to fit his ideas.

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post Sep 10 08, 11:28
Post #4

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Sure thing Suz - hopefully it won't take that long, but one never knows until we start. upside.gif laugh.gif

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

Imhotep
post Sep 10 08, 11:51
Post #5

Invisible Hand
Group Icon

Greetings,

Due to download issues with the new CD of system updates, this work will need to be resheduled. I'm working on getting things organized for Monday, Sep 15 with the same window.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

I

·······IPB·······

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more details, click here!

Cleo_Serapis
post Sep 11 08, 05:44
Post #6

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Thanks I, tut.gif

Another bulk mail has been sent.

~Cleo Pharoah.gif

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Imhotep
post Sep 15 08, 13:43
Post #7

Invisible Hand
Group Icon

Greetings.

OK, well, managed to get the system reinstalled. Had to format and reinstall from scratch though. Well, guess that's what they make backups for wink.gif

I'm still working on some issues/bugs. Unpredictable outages for short durations (couple of minutes) should be expected until further notice. I'll try and do them when I don't see any users online though.

Apologies for any inconvenience.
I

·······IPB·······

Cleo_Serapis
post Sep 15 08, 18:53
Post #8

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Well, thanks so much Peter. Sorry the Unix-based server had issues and you had to re-install the DB (and are still in process of it even now at this late hour).

I'll spot check functionality, posts, emails, etc. and report back if I find anything weird.

kiss.gif

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post Sep 16 08, 05:49
Post #9

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

As I mentioned to my friend Patrick last night (one of our new members) who happens to be the email team supervisor in my department at work :

Peter was still at it (restoring from back-ups) until 9pm lat night.

Tech talk: The unix server got confused half way through and just stopped. It wouldn't finish the upgrade and wouldn't roll back - it's like applying Vista onto Windows XP and having the system smoke a joint in the middle of it.... Whoa! He had to delete the entire thing, copy our back-up from the morning and re-do the entire site. That sucks!!!!

And we get to do this all again in 4-6 months, YAY!

Let us know if anyone sees anything not working as intended.

thanks.gif
Lori and Peter Pharoah.gif tut.gif

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Peterpan
post Sep 16 08, 06:48
Post #10

Creative Chieftain

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 127
Referred By:Jox

Thank you both for your dedicated care and concern re the site!

KEEP IT GOING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Bev

sun.gif

·······IPB·······

May the angels guide your light.

MM Award Winner

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 05:07

Read our FLYERS - click below

Reference links provided to aid in fine-tuning your writings. ENJOY!

more Quotes
more Art Quotes
Dictionary.com ~ Thesaurus.com

Search:
for
Type in a word below to find its rhymes, synonyms, and more:

Word: